Video camera for reviews.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've decided I want to do some reviews of kit as I get it, mostly typed, but back up by visual demonstration (I.E. to show how well mags cope with cool down during rap firing of gas pistols, aeg ROF and takedown etc), but I'm not a video person - I'm a photo person, so I know nothing about entry level camcorders.

What would people recommend as a first vdeo camera? I don't want to spend much as it won't be used often, or for anything spectacular. Must be a video camera only; no compact cameras - I already have a whopping great huge DSLR for still-photos, I'd rather not buy something that serves a dual purpose since I don't want to go over a hundred quid, I figure something that does *both* will sacrifice quality severely to meet that budget kinda thing. Must be tripod friendly.

£100 is my maximum price, but less is more so to speak, so any penny that can be pinched must be pinched.

All advice greatly appreciated (expecting Nickona to jump on this thread).

Unfortunately not, my DSLR was one of the last purely-stills mid-level SLRs :(

On a side note, did you get my PM about patches Dev?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=nex-3#q=nex-3&hl=en&prmd=ivnsrl&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=BB4GTvvKJ8PJhAfj9OmqDQ&ved=0CHcQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=dcba6d9371aab427&biw=950&bih=1030

I know is over your budget but the cams for 100 or less really suck and you be throwing your money away. something like the nex-3 is what you want.

My cousin whos been doing reviews for 2 years swears on this cam. that or if u can afford it the nex-5. nex-7 is supposed to be released this year but for a hefty price.

hope this helps! ;)

rb

Archived