First Game Back After Lockdown

Wolfie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After chatting on here, Reading lots about tactics etc... Watching a shed load of YouTube and then practicing in my garden... I went to Absolute Airsoft in Reading today. What a difference. I wasn't cannon fodder and actually made a difference to the game. Loved every minute (until it got too wet and these old bones started complaining). My Firehawk (yeah... not Firefox lol) and upgrades worked perfectly.

I can honestly say. The difference between today's game and the last times I played are like chalk and cheese. Happy happy wolfie.

20210516_180102.jpg

Edited by Wolfie
Correction

40 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My Firefox and upgrades worked perfectly...

Did you have to think in Russian?...

... on a serious note though my son has a G&G Firehawk, stock apart from me replacing the amplifier (it still sound like dynamite going off with each shot though), what mods did you do?

Edited by Fatboy40

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

After chatting on here, Reading lots about tactics etc... Watching a shed load of YouTube and then practicing in my garden... I went to Absolute Airsoft in Reading today. What a difference. I wasn't cannon fodder and actually made a difference to the game. Loved every minute (until it got too wet and these old bones started complaining). My Firefox and upgrades worked perfectly.

I can honestly say. The difference between today's game and the last times I played are like chalk and cheese. Happy happy wolfie.

20210516_180102.jpg

Whatcha got under the hood? With the right upgrades this is a absolute CQB beast. Light weight and very manoeuvrable. Hope you got some reinforced internals inside because running this with a 11.1v will significantly reduce it's lifespan quite a fair bit.

Mosfet with gate. 11.1 lipo, upgraded red dot (much better than the old one and adding a riser has made it so easy to aquire targets even with eye protection). Upgraded rotary hopup, Front handle moved forward slightly and then practice shooting left and right handed. Shooting both eyes open. Using whatever eye is on the side of the firearm. Coming out from the side of cover and not over it. Using a camo hat so my shiny head stops being a beacon (obvious target).... 

Gonna run the internals as they are for now. Will be upgrading the gearbox and barrel next. After that possibly the motor too... but not just yet. Love the sound so will be keeping the amplifier. When a team mate calls for cover... I give loud and distracting fire and (today anyway) took a lot of 'skulls'

Edited by Wolfie
Correction

19 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Hope you got some reinforced internals inside because running this with a 11.1v will significantly reduce it's lifespan quite a fair bit.

I've been guilty of this same mentality but it doesn't really make sense. "Change your motor, gears, piston etc.....as using an 11.1V will shorten the lifespan of the stock parts"

Who really knows. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw or could depend on how the player uses the gun. Either way, is there any harm on replacing things if/when they break?

19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Mosfet with gate...  Upgraded rotary hopup...Will be upgrading the gearbox and barrel next. After that possibly the motor too... 

My son loves his Firehawk, his first AEG, and I was interested to hear what you've done to yours.

Please don't be offended by my comment but when AEG's like the Double Eagle M904G exist for around £140, with all the above as stock plus 20 more FPS and a quick change spring, I'd think I'd rather just replace the Firehawk with it.

Guest Mr. No_Face
4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've been guilty of this same mentality but it doesn't really make sense. "Change your motor, gears, piston etc.....as using an 11.1V will shorten the lifespan of the stock parts"

Who really knows. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw or could depend on how the player uses the gun. Either way, is there any harm on replacing things if/when they break?

Not really a mentality it's just following the instructions issued with the AEG itself and also retailer recommendations. Who knows could be a "urban legend". I certainly bought into it and upgraded the internals of my fire hawk especially after running 11.1vs, installing a gate and hearing the gears inside spin like a jet turbine. 

No harm in replacing parts when they break but allegedly he could be replacing them a lot sooner.

On 17/05/2021 at 16:16, Fatboy40 said:

My son loves his Firehawk, his first AEG, and I was interested to hear what you've done to yours.

Please don't be offended by my comment but when AEG's like the Double Eagle M904G exist for around £140, with all the above as stock plus 20 more FPS and a quick change spring, I'd think I'd rather just replace the Firehawk with it.

No offence taken.

I got my Firehawk second hand and love the way it looks and sounds. I will slowly upgrade it as and when I can afford etc... but I love how it plays right now. A musicians saying is... Its not the equipment but how you use it. Same with this... I had a great time on my first game back because I played differently. The gun just enhanced my enjoyment and knowing I did it myself made it even sweeter. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.