Fully Upgraded ? Nothing to See Move Along Now .

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I agree.  My brain substitutes the word 'fucked' for upgraded in many adverts...

Anyone can fit something badly.  Fitting things well, especially shimming, is a real skill.  

• Supporters

Agree, only time I'd even consider a bit of kit that's being touted as "upgraded" is if it's a long time forum member with impeccable credentials & continued forum input, I'd trust that waaay more than a relative unknown quoting work done by xyz at so&so airsoft shop.

but I also don't believe in upgrading unless something really needs it, as in its fucked 💩☠️👻

• Supporters

the one that gets me is saying "upgraded" without actually saying what parts are in it, or being vague about them (eg "upgraded barrel and hop rubber"), maybe it's just me but i can generally list all the parts in my guns from memory (exceptions being when i've done a build by raiding the parts box).

These ads are usually accompanied by "only fired in the garden" or "only used once", which is weird, if it's so amazing why are you selling it so soon?

Spending £200 on a gun, another £200 on upgrades, then trying to sell it for £399. Get real.

Will not ever consider buying a second hand gun that says it's upgraded recipe for disaster. I still don't get the whole obsession with up grading guns unless it's for aesthetics. Just buy a gun that is good out the box and don't expect miracles. The only gun I have owned that needed up grading was a classic army sports line P90 and why dump more money after bad? got rid of it after one game literally went back to the safe zone put a for sale notice up.

"Total beast" - will have you swearing at it in the first game

"Fully upgraded" - ...and I had these bits left over 🤪

"L119A2" - picture is of H&K 416....

"Video of it working available" - see what you could have won... (example here: 

The term “FULLY UPGRADED” eurgh..

I mean what is fully upgraded? Switching out every conceivable part in my mind. Have you swapped all of the body for real steel receivers and parts, are the body screws replaced with titanium hex head ones?  No? Then get the fuck outta here with your fully upgraded.

Whats worse are the sales channels with a whole list of upgraded parts, then somewhere it says, slight issue with feeding, maybe a mag lip, either way it’s an easy five min job for buyer....

EXCUSE ME?? If it’s so damn easy fix it yourself before selling ffs

@Druid799 agree completely. I tend to stay well away from them unless it’s a GBB that I know inside out, I can buy cheap, and I know how to rectify the “upgrades” 🤣

It’s not upgraded, it’s modified, to a greater or lesser extent, often with poorer performance.

KOA upgraded, Eagle 6 upgraded, Camo Raids Upgraded, Alphabear upgraded.... that kinda sums me up 😂

Im sure at some point I’ll add a Negative Airsoft fixes some balls up upgraded job down the road. But hey it’s all good ;) 

Wow you guys are jaded as fuck. 

Buyer beware. You are either going to get a POS or a Gem regardless of the sales pitch. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

maybe it's just me but i can generally list all the parts in my guns from memory (exceptions being when i've done a build by raiding the parts box).

Lol, most of the time I can barely remember the brand of the gun, never mind any bits added to it 🤔

9 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

As much as I agree I’ve just come to accept it as a colloquial term for ‘not stock’. As many in airsoft are it’s literally just a throw away term, much like many folks think the moment ‘CNC’ is attached to something that it’s of superior quality to something manufactured in a different way (hard truth for some, not always the case).

There's a lot of truth to that. Have a CNC hop up unit, which works very nicely. To get it there required PTFE tape, shim and blue loctite. Meanwhile a stock plastic unit just worked out of the box. 

For me, the (fully) upgraded just gets me scrolling on through ads, however not as much as 'custom stippling'. Some of the 'custom' jobs I have seen have looked like a child has got their hands solder iron.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

For me, the (fully) upgraded just gets me scrolling on through ads, however not as much as 'custom stippling'. Some of the 'custom' jobs I have seen have looked like a child has got their hands solder iron.

Don’t forget the classic “ custom paint job” ! 😱

was it painted by our very own ‘Geartech’ off these very forums ? 🤔

No it wasn’t , you dumped your load all over it with a couple of rattle cans ! So no that’s NOT a ‘custom paint job’ , it’s just a shit paint job that quite frankly a monkey with Parkinson’s could have done a better job off than you did ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Don’t forget the classic “ custom paint job” ! 😱

was it painted by our very own ‘Geartech’ off these very forums ? 🤔

No it wasn’t , you dumped your load all over it with a couple of rattle cans ! So no that’s NOT a ‘custom paint job’ , it’s just a shit paint job that quite frankly a monkey with Parkinson’s could have done a better job off than you did ! 🤦‍♂️

problem with paint jobs is even if it's an excellent job done by a skilled painter such as geartech, it will still have been done to the aesthetic choice of whoever commissioned it.

which puts off any buyers except the ones who have exactly the same taste, and for anyone who doesn't share said taste it's a very difficult to reverse modification to the point of not being worth it for all but the most special pews.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.