Typhoon Airsoft. a Cautionary Tale

Rorlec

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wanted to make you aware of this company, ordered a couple of things in February and nothing has arrived, I have been overly patient as there's been no games so no real hassles, but I have been sending  the odd email as a reminder. Three months later and the lack of any meaningful response has been shocking. One  to avoid.

Re: Missing order

Tue 04/05/2021 20:59

Good evening,

as my orders have not been processed please provide a full refund by Friday or I will be hitting the facebook groups and AFUK with a full account of what has transpired. I have been more than patient with you, please respect that and provide the refund asap. 

Regards

Sent: 22 April 2021 08:30
Subject: Re: Missing order

Hello Rory,

This is just an acknowledgement message, I'll be able to see what's
going on later today and get back to you

On 2021-04-21 20:01, Rory wrote:
> hi there,
>  this order was made almost two months ago and I have had no updates.
> If I do not get a full update by the weekend I will take further
> action
>
>  Regards,
> Rory
>
>  ref xxxxxxxxxxx 24/02/2021
>
> -------------------------
> From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
> Sent: 24 March 2021 00:35
> Subject: Re: Missing order
>
> Good Evening Rory,
>
> Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused, I will look
> into this now for you.

----------------------------
> On 2021-03-23 08:42, Rory wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>  I made my order a month ago and not had any update. It has not been
>> dispatched. Can you give me an update

I would be getting on to the payment company that you used to purchase the items before the time limit times out, longer you leave it the more hassle you have getting your cash back 

Thanks mate, just wanted to give them a fair chance at doing the right thing with covid disruptions. that is my next option

• Supporters

Yep, as Mik has pointed out, start a payment dispute immediately, its also more likely to spur them on to resolve the matter properly,  rather than get a black Mark against themselves from the likes of PayPal etc

All done, lets see where I get with it now, thanks for the advice

8 hours ago, Rorlec said:

Just wanted to make you aware of this company, ordered a couple of things in February and nothing has arrived, I have been overly patient as there's been no games so no real hassles, but I have been sending  the odd email as a reminder. Three months later and the lack of any meaningful response has been shocking. One  to avoid.

For the future - one good way to work out if an Airsoft shop is worth your time is to look their address up.

If it's a residential address like Typhoon, then the chance that they're either really shit at sending out orders, or dropshipping orders straight from China, goes up massively. I'm not saying this is the case for Typhoon, but I have seen similar posts on AFUK about Typhoon in the past.

Best to look for a company with an actual showroom or storefront unless you're buying a super hard-to-find item. Good luck with the chargeback/paypal claim!

Definitely dodgy.

Their website is awful, the returns link doesn't work, same with the shipping link.

Here's the company: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11245922

Go to the filing history, it's almost been struck off twice even though it's only been operating 3 years.

Take note of the addresses there as well Rorlec, might come in handy in future if things don't progress.

Edited by Neptune

7 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Definitely dodgy.

Their website is awful, the returns link doesn't work, same with the shipping link.

Here's the company: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11245922

Go to the filing history, it's almost been struck off twice even though it's only been operating 3 years.

Take note of the addresses there as well Rorlec, might come in handy in future if things don't progress.

Was just editing my post to say the same. Here's their listing on Companies House 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11245922

I have bought from them before and "dodgy" may be a bit strong. As has been mentioned, I think it's a one man band and that man doesn't even do it full-time, as they're slow to send and very slow to issue refunds. Which of course isn't on, as you're not to know when placing an order and it would likely affect your decision to do so.

Judging by the fact this guy has almost been struck off twice, bases out of his home It would suggest that he does this as extra income and either drop ships like a smart man or what else ive seen is buying off twiwan gun directly to himself then resending it off once he's received it (wouldn't be the first time ive seen this happen)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.