Returning Player With Potential VCRA Infringing Gun

viprax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A bit of backstory I purchased a 2-toned gun a few years ago and took it to a lot of game days whilst poorly maintaining the gun.

I had stopped playing for a few years and wanted to get back into it, however when I got it out of the storage bag the old sniper tape that was on it had started peeling and had gone moldy -my loft had leak issues.

Unfortunately when peeling of the tape it peeled the 2-tone off the gun (not entirely but a good 90% of what I can remember there being).

I have purchased a solid gun case for it now so I can store it without fear of it being seen and violating VCRA on the IF to RIF crime (I have been reading the legislation to try and make sense of it).

Backstory finished so my question is : Am I ok with taking said gun to skirmishes with me (it will be in the case and I drive so next to no contact with the public), or do I need to get it repainted?

Extra note: I am aiming for a UKARA immediately within the next 2-3 months.

By removing the two tone paint you have modified it from an imitation firearm to a realistic imitation firearm, an offence under section 36.

However, as you are going to be airsofting with it, you have a defence under section 37 (and the accompanying statutory instrument) to do so.

So no, you don't need to repaint it, leave it as is.

As said, not a problem if you're going to an airsoft event.  Just make sure its never seen in public.

If its been left in a loft then give it a good clean.  Use a barrel rod to clean inside the barrel with a bit of isopropyl alcohol if you have any. (Be careful not to force anything past the hop rubber)

Oil any parts you can see that might be mechanical.

You'll likely need new batteries.

Since you can use those in your new gun then its worth getting a couple of LiPos and a good charger.

Do a search for batteries and chargers as its been asked many times before.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.