A Viable Double Barrel Airsoft Shotgun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a couple of Hwasans.

The faults are

1. The triggers are just plungers so are a bit odd to use

2. The triggers are made from edam and break

3. Expensive and finnicky shells

I've also done 3 denix 1878 coach gun conversions.

The faults are

1. Denix 1878s now don't open

2. They have to be drilled and pins added which is a little difficult

3. The sears are made from dairylea

4. Uses expensive and finnicky shells

I bought a Umarex T4E. Took 10 minutes to remove the inner barrels, cut down slightly at the breach end, remove the rubber paintball retainers, and add 2.5 inches of 22mm copper pipe in each breach.

Then, 1 minute per shell to make viable.

I use spent 20g shells which I get bags of totally free from a local gunshop. They have to be trimmed and the primers knocked out and a 10mm hole drilled in the rear.

I'm yet to paint it, but the results are that the shells hold 30bbs, have a proper sawn off spread, and are disposable. (Not that I want to lose them but it means I can eject and reload on the fly without worrying about shells at 10 quid a pop).

It works that well I'm going to be buying a second.

The downside is it's not as realistic as the 2 other options but it is well made, like the H8R, and is a genuinely useable shotgun.

20210428_113948.jpg

20210428_114008.jpg

There is a guy in Australia that has 3d printed over under double barrel shotguns of varying length. I think he just sells the files for export perposes. Other than that no. You get in to legal issues with firing mechs for shotguns you run the risk of being able to fire live shells if you go with any thing hammer fired.

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

That is as cool as f*ck, I love it.

How much did you end up spending?

£170 on the gun. That's been all I've had to spend, I have 22mm copper lying around and tools.

As i said the shells are free, and use paper wadding like cheapskates use in APS shells.

It's not hi tech at all, but that's why it works so well. Essentially the same sort of thing you do to a hwasan with copper pipe to make it use madbull shells. 

20210512_162338.jpg

That's lovely!

Please feel free to post a video of it in use! 😉

• Supporters

Looks great, how are you reducing the power though? These things come in 16J and 7.5J don't they?

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

£170 on the gun. That's been all I've had to spend, I have 22mm copper lying around and tools.

As i said the shells are free, and use paper wadding like cheapskates use in APS shells.

It's not hi tech at all, but that's why it works so well. Essentially the same sort of thing you do to a hwasan with copper pipe to make it use madbull shells. 

20210512_162338.jpg

love it

14 hours ago, Lozart said:

Looks great, how are you reducing the power though? These things come in 16J and 7.5J don't they?

You don't need to, as they're now firing bbs down a drainpipe. Aps co2 shells are 18 joules with a solid projectile. If you bought the 1 joule version I think it would be horrendously underpowered. I originally used the shells with just the primer hole, and that was too restrictive.

Here's a short, shit video. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/EzElkb28-vU?feature=share

Edited by Cromulon1994

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

You don't need to, as they're now firing bbs down a drainpipe. Aps co2 shells are 18 joules with a solid projectile. If you bought the 1 joule version I think it would be horrendously underpowered. I originally used the shells with just the primer hole, and that was too restrictive.

Here's a short, shit video. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/EzElkb28-vU?feature=share

So in essence we're talking a long barrelled MOSCART I guess? Looks cool!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.