Shady AF (Snake Oil Salesman Content)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think deep down we all know that those who purchased these craphats aren't seasoned players, more likely to be noob teenagers with a hankering for warq style kit but pocket money funds ?

all you can do is cane the shit out of the pages the knobs selling on, in order to prevent future sales & maybe encourage those who have blown their wad on this pos to attempt a return/refund, don't suppose the seller will be keen but maybe PayPal etc might be compliant if the "fit for purpose/safety factor" is pursued ?

I think I’ve worked out why the photos he’s used are always from above... here’s a picture of the Dainese helmet, they’re not designed to keep balls off your chin, they’re designed to keep sun out of your eyes!

Imagine the gap between a mesh lower and that lens!

FD8C1176-CB39-45F8-9CD4-3BE1E962881B.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

I think I’ve worked out why the photos he’s used are always from above... here’s a picture of the Dainese helmet, they’re not designed to keep balls off your chin, they’re designed to keep sun out of your eyes!

Oh shit springs to mind ? 

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I think deep down we all know that those who purchased these craphats aren't seasoned players, more likely to be noob teenagers with a hankering for warq style kit but pocket money funds ?

all you can do is cane the shit out of the pages the knobs selling on, in order to prevent future sales & maybe encourage those who have blown their wad on this pos to attempt a return/refund, don't suppose the seller will be keen but maybe PayPal etc might be compliant if the "fit for purpose/safety factor" is pursued ?

This is more than likely the case. Then when one of them ends up one eye short of industry standard, their parents, who probably stumped up the cash for this O'Brien ass hat to profit, will be the ones in local press and on their local MP's FB page calling for airsoft to be banned as it's too dangerous. 

• Supporters

Just had a quick look at how to report dangerous goods to trading standards , I know they have to have precautions in place to stop malicious complaints but F**k me sideways it’s ridiculous the hoops you have to go through ! 

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Actually probably a good thing.  Sites are more likely to say no to players turning up in them.

With that much gap I would hope that sites require people to use it as a helmet and wear glasses style eye protection underneath

@Tommikka You’ve got a excellent point. If I was a Marshall, there’s no way I’d let someone out of the safe zone if they had a lid like that on. Everywhere I’ve played, the marshalling teams have lived and breathed the game and they’ve seen every daft PPE solution so hopefully it’ll be dealt with before it can become a problem

Fingers crossed that the “excited owners of these fine tactical helmets” get picked up on at chrono. 

There isn’t a way to get a message out to sites is there? Maybe give Negative Airsoft a nudge to mention it?

Edited by Alimcd

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

@Tommikka You’ve got a excellent point. If I was a Marshall, there’s no way I’d let someone out of the safe zone if they had a lid like that on. Everywhere I’ve played, the marshalling teams have lived and breathed the game and they’ve seen every daft PPE solution so hopefully it’ll be dealt with before it can become a problem

Fingers crossed that the “excited owners of these fine tactical helmets” get picked up on at chrono. 

There isn’t a way to get a message out to sites is there? Maybe give Negative Airsoft a nudge to mention it?

Yes, from the original ‘advertising’ I’d think most sites would pick it out as being unusual and then identify that it doesn’t have any approved markings etc but with the front view photo I’m more reassured that it wouldn’t pass muster from being seen by any proper site 

That makes for scary reading, especially if the younger players who are required to have complete face protection decide that is their lid of choice. If he proved the safety then i'm sure this thread wouldn't even exist.

I would like to think the majority of sites would shun that before they even left the safe zone but there is always the possibility that a few could slip the net.

• Supporters

Have to say, personally, I've never ever seen an eye pro check anywhere I've gone at any point in the past 15 years.  I don't play often by any stretch and it's entirely possible they're just happening more on the quiet, but I've seen a lot of really shitty cheap looking rusty mesh goggles and a fair few 'visors' with absolutely gigantic cavernous gaps underneath actually out on the field.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Have to say, personally, I've never ever seen an eye pro check anywhere I've gone at any point in the past 15 years.  I don't play often by any stretch and it's entirely possible they're just happening more on the quiet, but I've seen a lot of really shitty cheap looking rusty mesh goggles and a fair few 'visors' with absolutely gigantic cavernous gaps underneath actually out on the field.

Same here , only time I’ve ever seen an eye pro check was on someone who had obviously really rubbish eye pro on or when there had been a failure of it on the field .

49 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

And some dodgy looking eyepro allowed through

FB_IMG_1621273910377.thumb.jpg.33f6e36116b0eeb7da16e93b5cc97cf9.jpg

• Supporters

All you've done is express the sentiments we're all feeling, something we tell every new player that's asks what they need:

NUMBER ONE, QUALITY APPROVED EYEPRO, everything else is secondary.

42 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Just been informed that I had post go up in one of the Facebook groups from this shitlord calling me out and bringing my family into it. Didn't even get a chance to see it it was taken down so fast. Just to reiterate I have no personal stake in this. I don't know then guy, I don't have any products that would be considered a competitor I just don't want to see people get hurt.

I think you rightly bought attention to a sub standard product that could endanger people. Most other products have to go through vigorous testing In order to go for general sale. This clown is simply making a quick buck and doesn’t give a shit about others. Doesn’t justify personal attacks but I wouldn’t take it to heart he is probably about as tough as his shoddy helmets. And he is a helmet. 

Edited by GenuineGerman

17 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I think you rightly bought attention to a sub standard product that could endanger people. Most other products have to go through vigorous testing In order to go for general sale. This clown is simply making a quick buck and doesn’t give a shit about others. Doesn’t justify personal attacks but I wouldn’t take it to heart he is probably about as tough as his shoddy helmets. And he is a helmet. 

I can't take him seriously enough to get upset by it. He's apparently even threatening legal action! I'd honestly be surprised if this solicitor actually exists. 

FB_IMG_1621283108738.jpg

• Supporters

“My solicitor has advised me” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

this f&cking clown wouldn’t know a Solicitor if one bent him over a table and rogered him cross eyed😵  !

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

'Issued there (their 🤦‍♂️) paper work'

What an absolute character this chap is turning out to be haha. I too expect the solicitor thing is entirely a bluff, because any legal advisor worth their salt would have the same first question as every fucker else. That being "Do you have test certification to show they meet safety standards to be used for what you're selling them for?"

🤡

• Supporters
3 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

sadly this is also my experience.

think a lot of them rely heavily on the concept of personal responsibility when it comes to this stuff.

27 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I can't take him seriously enough to get upset by it. He's apparently even threatening legal action! I'd honestly be surprised if this solicitor actually exists. 

FB_IMG_1621283108738.jpg

Well fuck me sideways with a 10ft Barge Pole. Just when you think he couldn't conjure up more stupid, he delivers it with aplomb.

Whilst I've never directly contacted him regarding this, I would love my day in court if his solicitor is A) real and B) actually thinks there's a viable case.

I cannot believe the arrogance of the guy.

Edited by Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.