Shady AF (Snake Oil Salesman Content)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

A little later when I get a keyboard in front of me I shall be responding to his latest message. 

Nice one. Thanks for the update.

Screenshot_20210514-155803_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d560f493643783c6b65fac4221d10d12.jpg

Always good to see a FRAGILE label on your helmet box...

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

To clarify a couple of things, James (snake oil merchant) posted to a group before I posted the same screen shots. 

The Airsoft Rants And Bants Society is a (sometimes) breather from the normal posts that appear on other groups.

His helmet made it to the arabs group and I have added a little there. What James doesn't get, is that should he have provided the info it wouldn't have got to this. I haven't posted anything he already hasn't. All of his posts, as mentioned get comments turned off quickly. Or indeed as he posts them. 

A little later when I get a keyboard in front of me I shall be responding to his latest message. 

From the way he’s spoken to you it’s blatantly obvious he hasn’t a clue how selling goods to the public works Ref safety of said product ? 

So, I did get the chance to tap out a response from his latest message that was mostly threats. I wont waste too much space, my final comment was 'you can always block me.' 

Turns out he has! No sleep lost

23 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Screenshot_20210514-155803_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d560f493643783c6b65fac4221d10d12.jpg

Always good to see a FRAGILE label on your helmet box...

Oh fucks sake. I hope one of the people who've fallen for it don't have a close encounter with someone skirting the limits or creeping massively. Recipe for disaster.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

They can be quite brutal.

Definitely more edgy than your more 'normal' Airsoft FB group.

Mr Negative Airsoft himself is one of the Admin.

ahh, yes i can see how this would be a popcorn moment.

private page? only link on google is for italian facebook for some reason

• Supporters

Don't trust your eyes to anything but the top brands that have been around for years in the eye pro game and are thoroughly vetted and proven - literally just do not touch anything else.  That's all folks have gotta do, and you can almost always get mil issue eye pro of some kind on ebay for not much money.

I've said it before, I'll keep saying it and it disappoints me that I don't see this said more often in various online places that airsofters frequent.  It's so mind-bogglingly easy to just not get your eyes shot out by making shit choices.

• Supporters

I joined his Facebook group and asked what the safety rating was on the visor AND now I can’t get on it at all , as if it doesn’t exist any more ? 

• Supporters
Just now, GenuineGerman said:

Haha blocked 

Yup ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

James O'Brien makes the helmets and then threw a strop when Jacob called him out on his shit

Knobs,helmets,strops and shit. Oops think I've strayed onto the wrong forum.😳

Regards 

• Supporters

Shit....... I've just realised while we've been trying to rip the shit out of this nomark James O'Brian & his crap kit, we've left everyone else alone 🤬

Who's next 🤔

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

If someone wants to 3D print parts and accessories, knock-up some Kydex holsters, or try their hand at a sewing some chest rigs - great, no problem. If they are shit, people will only whinge about them should they fail in any way.

But critical safety equipment? Good god no.

https://www.facebook.com/IPSAR-Militia-100196425545948

By the way, IPSAR stands for 'iPhone Sales And Repairs'. I'm guessing that's his day job. Why he would use that name for his airsoft shenanigans is beyond me.

I think it stands for: I post shit and rubbish. 

But I'm gonna try and stop.... honest 😉🤭

Regards 

5 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Hi i'm  Jacob and you I like to know safety ratings....

I am currently being threatened with slander and deformation charges. 

More to follow

Well, since he hasn't grasped the difference between slander and libel, I think you'll be okay.

16 minutes ago, cropzy said:

All come back to bite him when the "eyepro" fails.

Or not, when someone has an accident, he blocks them and somebody tries to make a case against a random bloke on Facebook with an online phone ‘business’.  Even when going to court:

”I bought a random unmarked helmet without any safety markings and tried to use them in airsoft”

Has he publicly given details of his testing or just made the odd remark in messages before blocking people ?

The only real avenue with any teeth would be trading standards if he’s anywhere near their radar, alternatively keep reporting him to the Facebook groups he’s advertising on

• Supporters

This👆

Spot on👍

This thread is giving me actual anxiety. Someone is going to lose an eye.

I bought a very similar lid for Skiing a few years ago. Couldn’t quite bring myself to putting £250 into a decent Dainese visor/helmet so I took a punt on a £50 Amazon jobby that looked almost identical to this piece of shit. The vibration from the piste caused the lens to crack, not an impact, just the act of me going down a hill quickly caused it to fail around the hinge. One second, I’ve got a dark lens covering my face, next it’s completely disappeared.

The FMA lenses would be considered world class compared to these POS. There’s no way it’s going to survive the impact from a cheeky volley of shots.

Also, if it is the same sort of design as what I had (before purchasing my extremely sexy Dainese helmet when the cheap one self-destructed) then you can basically fit your hand under the lens. It would be extremely easy to end up with a pellet getting under the lens 

I really hope that the buyers realise they’ve been had when their purchases arrive and not once they’ve ended up in A&E

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

This thread is giving me actual anxiety. Someone is going to lose an eye.

I bought a very similar lid for Skiing a few years ago. Couldn’t quite bring myself to putting £250 into a decent Dainese visor/helmet so I took a punt on a £50 Amazon jobby that looked almost identical to this piece of shit. The vibration from the piste caused the lens to crack, not an impact, just the act of me going down a hill quickly caused it to fail around the hinge. One second, I’ve got a dark lens covering my face, next it’s completely disappeared.

The FMA lenses would be considered world class compared to these POS. There’s no way it’s going to survive the impact from a cheeky volley of shots.

Also, if it is the same sort of design as what I had (before purchasing my extremely sexy Dainese helmet when the cheap one self-destructed) then you can basically fit your hand under the lens. It would be extremely easy to end up with a pellet getting under the lens 

I really hope that the buyers realise they’ve been had when their purchases arrive and not once they’ve ended up in A&E

I think the part that gives me the most anxiety is that I'm not sure how unlikely I think this 'I really hope that the buyers realise they’ve been had when their purchases arrive' is. We're talking about the same people that bought protective equipment from someone selling things on Facebook... and that's without considering the astonishing cost. I wouldn't dream of buying protective kit from anywhere other than verified stockists of well-known and correctly tested gear (and it genuinely blows my mind that there are folks that think this precaution is 'a bit OTT'), let alone fucking Facebook of all places.

What folks consider adequate PPE for airsofting makes me uncomfortable at the best of times, but this is a whole other level.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

and it genuinely blows my mind that there are folks that think this precaution is 'a bit OTT'

remember having a debate a while back on here someone was suggesting that the ol' point blank with a bolty was ott because snipers have MED.

i must admit part of me envied them if they've never run into a spicy pew, or med breaker in their entire airsofting careers.

MED is all well and fine but what happens when someone wearing this junk’o’helmet runs past as a sniper lets loose a .48 and the runner is like 5 metres away.

As a glasses weaver I have a limited but some extra protection if the unthinkable happens to me but my good ole bollé safety goggles can handle a “CQB BB to the face” so I’m happy enough and I’m saving £130 too :D

Edited by MiK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.