Shady AF (Snake Oil Salesman Content)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

28 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hang on a bit. We are talking about an airsoft helmet. Are they designed to save your nogging from big slips or heavy falls to start with? Its not a motor sports head protection nor would I wear one on site. Its part of the 'costume' its a prop. Sure it will stop a bb hurting but its not gonna explode or fail cause of a few screws which are in most helmets anyway. Let's not get carried away. It is not a life saver its a prop.👍

I do agree with the other issues though so I'm not all bad. Lol

Regards 

Simply my input from experiences.

Yeah I'm by no means saying people will be using these things for extreme levels of safety, just what I know from a friends experience of a crudely modified helmet with screws sticking into it, he had to have a series of stitches from a "simple"  incident, totally his own fault though!..

Edited by Jamerz

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hang on a bit. We are talking about an airsoft helmet. Are they designed to save your nogging from big slips or heavy falls to start with? Its not a motor sports head protection nor would I wear one on site. Its part of the 'costume' its a prop. Sure it will stop a bb hurting but its not gonna explode or fail cause of a few screws which are in most helmets anyway. Let's not get carried away. It is not a life saver its a prop.👍

I do agree with the other issues though so I'm not all bad. Lol

Regards 

Think it’s safe to say we all appreciate you’d have to be a bit of a pillock to think it’s a usable safety helmet BUT as he’s drilled holes in it to fit rails etc to it then if someone takes a nose dive head first it something(as I’d wager most of us have done at sometime or another)then there’s a very good chance that now weakened piece of cheap Chinese tat helmet is going break apart or even just flex at the point of weakness that now has a conveniently placed bolt to be driven in to your melon by said impact ?

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Think it’s safe to say we all appreciate you’d have to be a bit of a pillock to think it’s a usable safety helmet

Exactly that. Let's face it any airsoft helmet has the potential to flex or even shatter in the case of a nose dive head first into something hard,scenario, causing shards of hard plastic to cut or penetrate said swede.

My helmet has lots of holes drilled all over it,not my doing,were there when purchased but I've never stopped to question whether its weakened or not cause I didn't buy it for its strength.

Regards

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Shamal said:

Exactly that. Let's face it any airsoft helmet has the potential to flex or even shatter in the case of a nose dive head first into something hard,scenario, causing shards of hard plastic to cut or penetrate said swede.

My helmet has lots of holes drilled all over it,not my doing,were there when purchased but I've never stopped to question whether its weakened or not cause I didn't buy it for its strength.

Regards

Only thing I’d say there is the ones already in it are from the factory so are either moulded in or drilled at the factory and as Wang running his little counterfeit factory in Gwangdong blatantly rips off someone else’s design Those holes will have been present in the original design so one would hope those shouldn’t have any effect on the integrity of the helmet , where as any drilled in it by the end user will , fair to say ?👍 

• Supporters

oh dear.

has he not learned that these days you gotta be very careful how you respond to criticism on the internet?

people in general seem to have forgotten that admitting you've made a mistake then taking steps to rectify it is something you can still do.

• Supporters

I'm confused (not difficult lately lol), is Jacob Taylor the knob "making" the shit helmets, or is it James O'Brien ?

I'm not great with social media crap 😱

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

I'm confused (not difficult lately lol), is Jacob Taylor the knob "making" the shit helmets, or is it James O'Brien ?

i'm assuming the name from the screenshot is who the conversation is with, so it's James O'Brien asking Jacob Taylor about the safety ratings.

but it's entirely probable that i'm also muddling it up :P

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

James O'Brien makes the helmets and then threw a strop when Jacob called him out on his shit

• Supporters
Just now, PopRocket123 said:

James O'Brien makes the helmets and then threw a strop when Jacob called him out on his shit

Great, thanks, I might have to troll him a bit too lol

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

but it's entirely probable that i'm also muddling it up :P

28 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

welp, who didn't see that coming :P

Hi i'm  Jacob and you I like to know safety ratings....

I am currently being threatened with slander and deformation charges. 

More to follow

Well, the cat is out of the bag, It was indeed James O'Brian producing these - I believe that he's around the Bournemouth/Poole Area.

The Admin of the FB Group I was referring to (Dorset Airsoft Community) have restricted his posts to Admin pre-approval only. They will be questioning the issue with him if he tries to post again.

That little FB meltdown only serves to confirm my suspicions. No company in their right mind would refuse to provide safety standard information for a product such as this.

I feel sorry for anyone sucked into buying one of these at £130 a pop.

Edited by Speedbird_666

"I certainly don't have to prove anything"

Uuuuuh, I mean if you're selling PPE that's kind of the way it works right? It's almost as if there are markings and regulations that help people pick a product suitable for the job 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Hi i'm  Jacob and you I like to know safety ratings....

I am currently being threatened with slander and deformation charges. 

More to follow

Slander and defamation for asking about a safety rating, really? This bloke needs to get his head out his arse. I think he will be pissing in the wind if he thinks that will work. What a tool

Suffice to say great work for catching it, raising awareness and to all that have acted on insisting some proof of safety standard is provided until sales can continue.

If you want to peddle 'custom made' wank to anyone daft enough to buy it then I guess more the fool them. But safety equipment is where a pretty firm line needs to be drawn. Grumpy old twats as we may be, excellent work folks.

• Supporters

Can't find him, not helped that I "un-liked" a load of airsoft groups on there a while back, can't be arsed to rejoin them just to rip this twat a new one

7 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Suffice to say great work for catching it, raising awareness and to all that have acted on insisting some proof of safety standard is provided until sales can continue.

If you want to peddle 'custom made' wank to anyone daft enough to buy it then I guess more the fool them. But safety equipment is where a pretty firm line needs to be drawn. Grumpy old twats as we may be, excellent work folks.

If someone wants to 3D print parts and accessories, knock-up some Kydex holsters, or try their hand at a sewing some chest rigs - great, no problem. If they are shit, people will only whinge about them should they fail in any way.

But critical safety equipment? Good god no.

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Can't find him, not helped that I "un-liked" a load of airsoft groups on there a while back, can't be arsed to rejoin them just to rip this twat a new one

https://www.facebook.com/IPSAR-Militia-100196425545948

By the way, IPSAR stands for 'iPhone Sales And Repairs'. I'm guessing that's his day job. Why he would use that name for his airsoft shenanigans is beyond me.

Edited by Speedbird_666

16 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Absolutely spot on. Someone might loose a mag due to dodgy stitching on a pouch or a rifle might drop due to a Chinesium buckle. 

Somebody getting eye damage is a different story.  

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I see it's made it to the A.R.A.B.S FB group now.

Have fun boys, I'll watch and enjoy from a distance.😁

i'm guessing from the inference that's not the sort of group that takes kindly to this sort of thing?

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm guessing from the inference that's not the sort of group that takes kindly to this sort of thing?

They can be quite brutal.

Definitely more edgy than your more 'normal' Airsoft FB group.

Mr Negative Airsoft himself is one of the Admin.

Edited by Speedbird_666

To clarify a couple of things, James (snake oil merchant) posted to a group before I posted the same screen shots. 

The Airsoft Rants And Bants Society is a (sometimes) breather from the normal posts that appear on other groups.

His helmet made it to the arabs group and I have added a little there. What James doesn't get, is that should he have provided the info it wouldn't have got to this. I haven't posted anything he already hasn't. All of his posts, as mentioned get comments turned off quickly. Or indeed as he posts them. 

A little later when I get a keyboard in front of me I shall be responding to his latest message. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.