Hello All New Here and New to Airsoft Lf Advise

Lee74

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello ladies and gents. my name is Lee and im looking to start airsoft with a few friends i have bought myself a rifle and pistol with some advise from  my local airsoft store so im sorted for the basics . But i am also looking to get a sniper so i have the option of diffrent play styles when arriving at a site . i was going to buy a gun that works pretty much straight out the box ie a Nov ssg96.  But have been advised with all the difficulties and extra charges eu are throwing at anything coming to the uk its probably not the best idea atm.  so im now looking for some advise on a rifle i can buy within the uk. i have been looking and im very much someone who has to have something i personally like the look of . something may well be the best of the best but if aesthetically it does not please me i wont have it . with that in mind here is something i like the style of  so any advise or opinions on this gun itself and the posabilitys with it regards to upgrades would be great but also if anyone has any suggestions with regards to anything of a similar style plz feel free to help me out.  anyway this is the rifle  CYMA CM.707 Sniper Rifle With Folding Skeletal Stock (patrolbase.co.uk)    thanks in advance for any help guys and gals.

Hi @Lee74! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting started, you and your friends and hopefully have fun! 🤞

Im not an expert in that department, sure others will give there advice? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome to the madness. 

I'd avoid sniping as a newbie as to be effective it takes alot more than just putting the crosshairs on the target and squeezing the trigger. If I had a pound for everytime a new player started with a bolt action rifle, only to sell it a couple of moths later I could probably afford a couple of TM recoil gnus

Edited by Cannonfodder

Hi and welcome. Simply put I wouldn't worry about buying a sniper rifle yet, which is essentially playing the game on hard mode (especially when using most "out of the box" rifles). Enjoy the easier version for a while, see how you get on. Sniping is amazing....in theory but very difficult to get right and often frustrating in practice.

Welcome to fold, bud.

I echo the thoughts of the others here as well. I made the mistake of buying a TM VSR10 quite early on (I blame Novritsch with his kill montages) and found it to be really boring.. your experience might be different to mine, who knows.

I would suggest to start by running and gunning and see if that style of play works for you first.

Hey up Baldie welcome aboard!!!

You will find loads of stuff about sniper-mode in the “Single Action Guns”, there’s ooodles of stuff to read whilst on guard-duty :P

Hi and welcome

To add another echo to all the above...

Sniping is often disappointing and frustrating for new players because they've seen lots of videos showing the cool shots etc.

The reality is that a sniper rifle often needs a LOT of tweaking to get it to a decent level of accuracy and consistency.

If you want different play styles maybe get a short gun instead.

In airsoft the shorter SMGs (P90, MP5, etc) can perform well enough to play in woodland sites.

Edited by EDcase

35 minutes ago, MiK said:

Hey up Baldie welcome aboard!!!

You will find loads of stuff about sniper-mode in the “Single Action Guns”, there’s ooodles of stuff to read whilst on guard-duty :P

im on guard tonight damm OC is in the house and i pulled the short straw >< 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.