Where to Break My Covid-cherry and Get Back to Playing?

MiK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right it’s time to seriously ponder breaking my Covid-19 cherry and get back out playing so I’m looking for suggestions.

I have mentioned that I’m based near the Covid-Capital of Leicester so I’m looking in and around the Midlands for my first game back and I’m looking for some suggestions to where to hit first, I was looking at either Ace in Wolverhampton or Phoenix in Notts but I’m open to suggestions and even meeting up with a few of fellow “AFUK’ers” and giving this old body a work out.

I am looking at mid-end of June for getting back as I am still twitchy with regards to covid rules being followed even tho I’m fully vacc’ed up.

/cheers

NPF Bassetts Pole is a fairly big wooded site. Can social distance quite easliy. Games can be a bit generic however if your like me and let the young'uns run into the breach and bimble up the rear then its quite a decent day

4 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

NPF Bassetts Pole is a fairly big wooded site. Can social distance quite easliy. Games can be a bit generic however if your like me and let the young'uns run into the breach and bimble up the rear then its quite a decent day

Sounds like a plan I would approve of. A measure of bimbling works for me 😄

Regards 

Hi @MiK

Me and a few mates went to Ace on Sunday and it was a brilliant day with enough space to social distance, even got to meet up with @strykerles who recongised me because I was wearing a AFUK badge on my arm 😆

I'm planning on going again (more than likely another Sunday) as soon as the next dates go up on the website.

Hope to see you there 👍

Edited by Brophy

@Brophy Cheers Bud, I was leaning towards Ace so I’m gonna pop my cherry on the 20th June since the new dates have just popped up - I’m gonna try n get the Wife/Daughter to pay for it as it is “Fathers Day” - I’ll also have my AFUK badge planted somewhere on my body 

Ah gonna miss you buddy, I'm booked in on the 6th, as the 20th is the wife's birthday 😣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.