Best Sling Available in the UK

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a 2 point sling for an AK I have coming. I already have a magpul 1 point sling but I feel a 2 point sling would be more comfortable. I want a high quality one seeing as though it will be holding an NGRS and I want to make sure it is secure.

I had this same question earlier and ended up going with a blue force gear vickers sling, real steel sling used by military and law enforcement around the world and even got a shout out on garand thumbs video on slings.

Holds my LCT g3 fine and the padding is comfortable but not obstructive or sticky.

I got mine from tactical-kit.co.uk and am very happy with it.

The other main option is the slingster, i opted for the blue force as the padding seemed nicer.

Both of these will be massive overkill for an NGRS which is a good thing as it means theres no chance of it breaking.

Edited by Mad-Al

Yeah would second the V-Tac it's an excellent bit of kit. https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/blue-force-gear-vickers-standard-ak-sling-k-sp-0046-18909-p.asp

Alternatively a surplus sling off eBay will do the job okay. If you're used to fast adjustment etc., then it can be a difficult transition to a more plain jane model.   

• Supporters
2 hours ago, cropzy said:

Looking for a 2 point sling for an AK I have coming. I already have a magpul 1 point sling but I feel a 2 point sling would be more comfortable. I want a high quality one seeing as though it will be holding an NGRS and I want to make sure it is secure.

Any of the ones mentioned already. If you like the Magpul sling you have you could get an MS1 or a padded MS1 for a bit more comfort.

Personally I'd go either Slingster or the adjustable TREX Arms one. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Russian issue slings are cheap and do the job

A lot of the repro's are good too, although thats possibly more telling of comblock manufacture standards :P

Entirely depends on what you're looking for 'feature' wise.

If you like the idea of having modern features (and/or just gucci kit in general) which largely counter the disadvantages of running a 2 point sling, then as mentioned by others the Ferro Concepts Slingster or T-Rex Arms Sling are generally seen as the 'class leaders'. Note in both instances with these that the slings themselves are £50-£60 and that's excluding fittings so you'd need to pick up some form of mounting fittings .My prefered tends to be either HK/clash hooks which are £5-£8 each or D-Loop QD swivels which usually run about £15 each. Don't cheap out on your fittings... no point running a good quality sling if the metal hardware is garbage.

If you're looking for something a bit more budget, plenty durable but less feature rich then again as mentioned by others your other main option would be surplus.

I would agree with above and totally recommend the Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling, and not just because I currently have one up for sale (a deal can be done if you give me a shout). But it is a solid sling, well made and works great. I’ve got Magpul slings and they are very good as well, but the  Vickers Sling just seems less faffy and has been chosen by U.S military including the Marine Corps who has it’s own budget and don’t buy rubbish.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Super64 said:

been chosen by U.S military including the Marine Corps who has it’s own budget and don’t buy rubbish.

It's one of the slings issued by the USMC. They also use the Raine Inc manufactured adjustable 2 point which is generally considered to be much lower quality.

Check out TacBelts on Instagram. 

I picked up a multicam minimalist 2 point sling that I run on my AK, took 4 days to be made / arrive at my door.

It’s excellent quality, attention to detail is on par with kit from bigger brands...plus you’d be supporting a small uk business so should make you feel all warm and fluffy.

• Supporters
On 14/05/2021 at 18:18, Wavey_Gravey said:

Check out TacBelts on Instagram. 

I picked up a multicam minimalist 2 point sling that I run on my AK, took 4 days to be made / arrive at my door.

It’s excellent quality, attention to detail is on par with kit from bigger brands...plus you’d be supporting a small uk business so should make you feel all warm and fluffy.

They're a great company. Bought a few bits from them!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
1 minute ago, harrypotter04180 said:

I am using Magpul RLS Rifleman Sling and It is created from high-quality (rifle slings online) polymers and nylon webbings; plus, the colored webbing of RLS is NRI tested. When shouldered, RLS offers excellent comfort to the user due to its tubular construction and smooth texture.

Don't click the link🤬

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Don't click the link🤬

What happened??

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Shamal said:

What happened??

Lol, dunno, I'm not silly enough to click on it 😏, at the very least it's just an advertising spambot , or possibly something more sinister 🤔

6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, dunno, I'm not silly enough to click on it 😏, at the very least it's just an advertising spambot , or possibly something more sinister 🤔

Or it could be slings online maybe🤔

I use a 5.11 vtac 2 point on my 308 and its great. Really flexible setup and comfy. I got mine from tactical kit I think.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Or it could be slings online maybe🤔

IMG_0043.JPG

Alternatively ?

IMG_0044.JPG

Let me me know what happens 🤣

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

IMG_0043.JPG

Alternatively ?

IMG_0044.JPG

Let me me know what happens 🤣

Haha. No. I'm not so brave when push comes to shove lol

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.