Package Question

Wo1f

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bit of a random one... ordered something from America and it was shipped on the 1st of April. On the 18th it arrived in Denmark for whatever reason and it’s been stuck there since.. Now USPS shipped it and Royal Mail are supposed to be the receivers in this country.. who am I supposed to contact to chase it up in Denmark? 

40 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Bit of a random one... ordered something from America and it was shipped on the 1st of April. On the 18th it arrived in Denmark for whatever reason and it’s been stuck there since.. Now USPS shipped it and Royal Mail are supposed to be the receivers in this country.. who am I supposed to contact to chase it up in Denmark? 

The route is a matter of international logistics, so don’t worry that it’s gone via Denmark.  It will still be handled by USPS on its way to the UK

As a matter of it appearing to be stuck there are delays as a knock on effect of Covid (Staffing levels, distancing within depots etc), stop and starts etc and Brexit (everything entering the UK will be subject to customs checks, as opposed to no/minimal checks previously for EU arrivals) All of these (and also problems with the Panama Canal) have impacted resources creating backlogs, some routes are suffering more than others depending on any issues within specific depots and transport 

Did the US seller charge you for UK VAT?  

If yes then they have declared the details and ultimately pay HMRC your import VAT, which will ease one of the causes of delay on arrival at the UK.

If no then it will halt again on arrival, you would then expect to be charged 20% of the invoice total (including both item value & delivery costs) and a carrier processing fee for dealing with Border Force/customs.  It will add a customs delay while they contact you for the charge. 

• Supporters

I had a parcel from the states that was sent via USPS that ended up in Switzerland for 5wks , so no not out of the ordinary . I kept contacting the seller and the shop chased it up , unless they explicitly say in there terms & conditions it’s there responsibility in the end .

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I had a parcel from the states that was sent via USPS that ended up in Switzerland for 5wks , so no not out of the ordinary . I kept contacting the seller and the shop chased it up , unless they explicitly say in there terms & conditions it’s there responsibility in the end .

The problem with this is it’s not a retailer. I bought something a retailer wouldn’t sell me and got it sent over by a private individual. Thankfully though, it’s made it’s way to Langley today, so the worlds most well travelled scope rings are nearly at my door. 😁

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Wo1f said:

The problem with this is it’s not a retailer. I bought something a retailer wouldn’t sell me and got it sent over by a private individual. Thankfully though, it’s made it’s way to Langley today, so the worlds most well travelled scope rings are nearly at my door. 😁

Was it because they're an ITAR restricted item?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Think that means the CIA are onto you old chap

Lol, that's what I thought at the mention of Langley 🤣

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, that's what I thought at the mention of Langley 🤣

Me too ! 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Think that means the CIA are onto you old chap

I’d like to hope the CIA aren’t interested in 30 year old scope rings 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.