Aa Hopup Chamber Damage

Guest nemokingdom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest nemokingdom

So I'm aware it's a common issue for the cylinder head nozzle to wear on the AA chamber and I've seen people say it's not a big issue and is largely cosmetic. However, with mine it does seem actual material has been taken away and although it's not a lot, I slightly worry that it's going to be eventually turn into an issue.

I have several options none of which are ideal, if anyone has any words of wisdom they would be much appreciated.

First option: buy a vsr x/r or some other one piece receiver/outer barrel. This would presumably solve the misalignment issue but is obviously very expensive and I can't justify a £1000 toy gun. 

Second option: Cylinder sleeve, there is one on Longbow BB which seems decent. However I'm not even sure this would solve the problem, if anyone has any experience with this let me know.

Third option: there's a guide on a popular forum for shimming the outer barrel to the receiver using fibre washers. However they need to be a very specific size and I can't find them in the UK at all. Also, I have tried holding the outer barrel firmly in place (mimicking the effect of shimming) and the nozzle still scraped the bottom of the chamber no matter which direction I applied pressure. Are vsrs simply not aligned properly or did I get a lemon or something?

IMG_20210215_134137_4~2.jpg

Had the same issue but with my Ares striker, turned out to be the lock pin which goes through the cylinder that was worn, causing the back of the cylinder to rise up slightly when returned which in turn pointed the front down slightly, catching the bottom of the hop chamber. May be worth checking?

Guest nemokingdom
4 hours ago, Predator EAT-14 said:

Had the same issue but with my Ares striker, turned out to be the lock pin which goes through the cylinder that was worn, causing the back of the cylinder to rise up slightly when returned which in turn pointed the front down slightly, catching the bottom of the hop chamber. May be worth checking?

Had a look and it seems fine, I'm using full AA internals that are almost new (<1000 rounds) so I don't think anything will be due to wear. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Does the nozzle scrape the stock hop chamber too?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.