Jg Mp5sd - Opinions

Just Joe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ello Ello,

My local airsoft store has an JG MP5SD6 for sale for £119.99. Which I keeps catching my eye and considering its out of stock in most places is becoming more tempting.

I've always loved the MP5SD6 and it is for sure on the "to purchase" list. 

Just looking for some opinions on the above really? I've done a bit of research prior, seems that the hop can dial down over the cause of a day. How is the general performance in general?

I'm aware CYMA do a version, so if anything has any experience with there's feedback would be welcomed too.

Thanks.

I believe the JG is all plastic and the CYMA has metal upper and outer barrel but of course is quite a bit more expensive.

Apart from that JG have decent internals so they probably perform about the same.

Edited by EDcase

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've gotta head to the shop tomorrow so I will take a look to see if its all plastic. That is a bit of a turn-off.

Bit of internet searching has revealed cyma now do a blue edition and a high speed edition which seem slightly more promising. Mind you, not available in the UK and I've never imported a purchase before but I guess thats a topic for another another thread / reading another thread.

Got a couple of JG MP5s including an SD6, cant really fault them. The plastic seems quite robust and they happily out shoot more expensive guns. Use mine regularly .

2 hours ago, Just Joe said:

...I've never imported a purchase before...

Unfortunately now is not a good time to order from outside UK with all the Brexit crap.

Taiwangun is a common European supplier but you have to make a purchase over £140 and they use UPS for delivery which has caused long delays and headaches for many here.

49 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Got a couple of JG MP5s including an SD6, cant really fault them. The plastic seems quite robust and they happily out shoot more expensive guns. Use mine regularly .

Is fully plastic or partially? 

Watched a review earlier that said metal upper receiver. 

have you had an issues with the hop sliding out of position?

35 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Unfortunately now is not a good time to order from outside UK with all the Brexit crap.

Taiwangun is a common European supplier but you have to make a purchase over £140 and they use UPS for delivery which has caused long delays and headaches for many here.

Thanks for the info. Probably wiser to buy on my doorstep.

2 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Is fully plastic or partially? 

Watched a review earlier that said metal upper receiver. 

have you had an issues with the hop sliding out of position?

The SD6 is fully plastic body, my second one was fully plastic too but now is a JG / ICS hybrid with a metal upper.  I find the sliding hop ok but I know some do drift but a biy of blue tak can stop that. 

I think some of the new JG MP5's are metal uppers but no experience of them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.