Defense and 2 Tone

Airsoftnoob420

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So iv been talking to some people about buying my first gun. My parents would kindly gift it to me. I'm only so I'm aware so some legal issues allready. But with paint. Iv heard alot about defense when it goes to paint. I was gonna get the g&g cm16 raider. In all black. But apparently its illegal. And I would have to get it in 2 tone. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but can somone help me out. Thanks much appreciated 

Your parents can gift you a gun, no problem. But a store should not sell them a black one unless they had a defence, which is highly unlikely that do or the store would

Just get youYour parents can gift you a gun, no problem. But a store should not sell them a black one unless they had a defence, which is highly unlikely that do or the store would

just get our two tone, and the game for now. Plenty of time for you to play, join a site and understand the wide open holes in the law ;) 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
42 minutes ago, Airsoftnoob420 said:

@Albiscuit what is a defense. I'm I just being dumb or something?

Edit: I would be buying the gun online if that changes anything 

Essentially to legally sell a RIF (Realistic Imitation Firearm = Painted black or whatever the real colour of the gun is) to someone, the shop owner needs to see a "defense" which is basically to prove you're buying the RIF for airsofting, or reenactment, or to use in the theatre etc.

Different hobbies will have different ways of proving this. In Airsoft, the predominant way of proving this is the "UKARA" scheme, which where you play 3 games over a certain period of time and get logged into the UKARA database. Shop owners can look you up to make sure that you're an Airsofter. You have to be over 18 to hold UKARA membership.

Unfortunately buying the gun online doesn't change this.

With this in mind, if one or both of your parents were to play at 3 airsoft games at your closest site, they would be able to register for UKARA and then buy the RIF you want.

If they don't, they'll need to buy an "IF" (imitation firearm) which is an airsoft gun with at least half of its body in a bright colour - Blue, Red, Green etc.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
40 minutes ago, Airsoftnoob420 said:

@DrAlexanderTobacco so I can't buy a fully back gun online. So I'll just buy a 2 tone. Is there anything I need to do before I get it. Or can I just get it online just like anything else 

If you're over 18, crack on and grab the two-tone gun. If you're under 18, your parents will need to buy it for you.

Have fun!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.