Well Mb06 Hop up Problems

Owsey15

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there ive had a well mb06 sitting around for a little while and decided to buy some upgrades for it...went for a madbull 6.03mm 455mm inner barrell a army type 96 hop up chamber with new aeg modify buckking and flat nub....had some problems with jamming but seemed to sort that out but keeps shotting and floating upwards massively which tells me to do the hop up screw as tight up as i can which made it better but still not good enough im using RZR .28g bbs just wondered if any one could help me with my problem and also is it worth a spring kit uprade?

Many thanks 

Are you saying that the BB's rise significantly as they fly ? if so it's over hoping and you either need to take some hop off or use heavier BB's 

Yeah thats exactly whats happening mate should i back it of a bit then and give that a go do you need to give the grub screw much of a turn to notice a difference? I may try some heavier bb's also 

Hi there done a few shots this eve with it adjusted as much as i can with 0.28g bb and still no different so ordered some 0.43g and will try those... as i look through hopup chamber down barrel the rubber has been pushed in as far as it can using a flat rubber nub...it says to adjust clockwise for high shots and thats what ive done and cant get no more out of it hopefully the heavier bb's will help....many thanks 

If it's anything like the AA hop unit for VSRs, then turning it clockwise will be adding more hop. 

You'll want to turn your hop down, not up. 

Right ill give that a go thankyou mate the 0.43g bbs have made a massive difference...would i get much out of getting a spring upgrade kit do you know mate.

Many thanks

Sounds like you are getting to grips with the hop 👍 Before doing a spring change it's worth checking the air seals (do a quick search or look at youtube) and you also need to establish what power level the gun is putting out now. A stronger spring can improve performance , but it's very easy to go over the legal limit especially with the heavier BBs. Do you have access to a chrono ? if not it's worth getting one. They aren't expensive and are an essential tool in upgrading your guns.

Yeah got it pretty much best i can zeroed on my scope is shooting far better than stock barrell and hop up...some one said about a maple leaf rubber and concave nub?....yeah will have a look at that thanks...i dont have one but i have a few localish airsoft stores im sure they would let me use theres to check it...would be handy to have one but i want to have a go at a  skirmish as cheap but half decent as i can if you get what i mean lol...if i enjoy it i may start building the collection......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.