Post Brexit Imports From Hk

Valentine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had experience with buying from tiger111hk since leaving the eu? I really don't want to get stung with import taxes and fees but they are the only place that has a few things i need without a ridiculous price tag attached

I've actually hit fewer customs charges and taxes since leaving, though that may just be luck on my part. It should be noted that leaving the EU should have had no difference on packages from Hong Kong, but it's not always clear if things are as simple as we mere consumers assume they are.

Can't speak for everyone else's experience, but Covid has been more of an impact than Brexit for me. Parcels being quarantined in customs for 2-4 weeks has been a bit of a pain, tbh.

There is no change to Hong Kong imports due to Brexit

Changes to import processes is separate from Brexit

Buy something for under £135 and the foreign seller is now expected to register with HMRC and charge you the VAT.  If this occurs then you don’t pay it at the point of entry, only pay the VAT amount, and don’t incur carrier handling fees - ultimately you pay less

Brexit & Covid have affected resources and backlogs 

Ordered a rif and other parts from HK, arrived in a week with standard e-express, no problems.  Seems all of the smaller stores haven't yet signed up to the HMRC scheme, consequently my bits all arrived with no charges.

had 3 consignments from WGC Shop since Brexit and 2 consignments from Rainbow8. Both rainbow8 consignments came through without issues. 2 of the 3 WGC consignments came through as they should have. The 3rd one I got hit with a handling charge - which I don't think is anything to do with WGCshop, its more to do with DPD and who they choose to handle the customs side of things.

It's been slower than pre-brexit, but that's public knowledge, so don't be too surprised.

45 minutes ago, MistakenMexican said:

had 3 consignments from WGC Shop since Brexit and 2 consignments from Rainbow8. Both rainbow8 consignments came through without issues. 2 of the 3 WGC consignments came through as they should have. The 3rd one I got hit with a handling charge - which I don't think is anything to do with WGCshop, its more to do with DPD and who they choose to handle the customs side of things.

It's been slower than pre-brexit, but that's public knowledge, so don't be too surprised.

What courier did WGC use and what did you order?  Been looking at a new gun but won't order from them if they use UPS

On 05/05/2021 at 18:44, ak2m4 said:

Ordered a rif and other parts from HK, arrived in a week with standard e-express, no problems.  Seems all of the smaller stores haven't yet signed up to the HMRC scheme, consequently my bits all arrived with no charges.

How recently was that shipment?

And has anyone else got an idea of what time it should take for a parcel yo ship from HK to UK at the moment?

Reason im asking is that i have a parcel with my 2 sword cutlass pistols and 4 spare mags in transit from HK...

Parcel shipped 8th last month, then nothing until 20th when tracking updated to say it was leaving HK...   and nothing since then on either HK post or Royal Mail tracking sites.

Thanks all, looks like my goodies are coming from hk rather than poland for the foreseeable future then

Hi, I’ve ordered a Cyma .009 from Taiwan Gun.  Ordered 6 weeks ago, still not here.  It’s not a problem with the sellar, all the problems are with UPS!  I’ve paid the customs fee and completed the paperwork and all I’m getting now is the run around.  Dreadful service!

5 hours ago, Pete360 said:

Hi, I’ve ordered a Cyma .009 from Taiwan Gun.  Ordered 6 weeks ago, still not here.  It’s not a problem with the sellar, all the problems are with UPS!  I’ve paid the customs fee and completed the paperwork and all I’m getting now is the run around.  Dreadful service!

Yeah ups are beyond shocking these days i just wish taiwangun used someone else, at this point even hermes is a better option

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.