Condor Rapid Assault Chest Rig

38super

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

After yesterdays game I'm looking make a more modular loadout with a 'light' rig - mags, sidearm, grenade for short games on a chest rig and reserve my belt for long games with spares, BB's speedloaders, drink etc.

Current top choice for the chest rig is one of these. It look like a tidy way to hold the  mags I run with.

Does anyone have any comments on the Condor kit or other similar chest rigs I should look at? 

TIA

image.thumb.png.ff1e404b9e7561829913c7fcfc8e23b8.png

I have a condor rig very similar to that but a plain molle rig without the built in mag pouches.

It's pretty decent. It's very comfortable, the material is tough and so far, I have had no problems with the stitching.

16 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I have a condor rig very similar to that but a plain molle rig without the built in mag pouches.

It's pretty decent. It's very comfortable, the material is tough and so far, I have had no problems with the stitching.

I looked at the Ops version but since I'm intending to use it mainly as mag carrier the Rapid Assault looks like a tidier solution.

7 minutes ago, 38super said:

I looked at the Ops version but since I'm intending to use it mainly as mag carrier the Rapid Assault looks like a tidier solution.

I use mine for CQB for which I use an MP5 and MP9 so I need mag pouches that can accommodate them.

Otherwise, the rig is really well made and should do exactly what you need it to.

Condor kit is pretty decent. I wouldn't worry about the quality.

I had a near-identical Bulldog rig.

image.png.48664ad174ae3ca334b0f22b82e41f7a.png

The only issue with this style of rig is that some of the mags end up under your arms/armpits (they sit higher than a plate carrier), and it can be a bitch to re-index the mags back into the rig whilst wearing it. It's the reason I sold mine off in the end.

*Edit* Just realised the Condor Rig only holds 6 mags. The Bulldog takes 8.

Edited by Speedbird_666

I can see two problems with that rig, considering you want modularity:

1) the buckles don't look like standard 1" ones, this prevents you from using aftermarket harnesses or things like flatpacks;

2) I'd be wary of these full molle rigs, as one tends to overload them with pouches.

Now I don't know your budget, nor how many mags you are going to carry, but if you don't need 6 spare magazines then I would look at something else to be used in conjunction with a small backpack.

This because you mentioned carrying water on your belt, which I wouldn't recommend. I tried running heavy stuff on a belt, without a harness to support the weight it's a nightmare.

One slick setup could be a TMC mk3 clone (won't suggest the genuine SS rig as it's much easier to resurrect three days after being nailed to a cross than to find one of those at a non robbery price) with a clone flatpack (Pentagon Quick Bag, for the price it's hard to beat) and a belt.

Sounds bulky as heck but in reality it's a really low profile setup, the rig and backpack connect into a single piece, belt will remain relatively light so it won't impede movement, the rig's modularity will give you plenty of options.

Plus it takes 10 seconds to revert the thing back to standalone rig and backpack (provided you store the rig's h-harness somewhere in the pack)

Thanks all.

So far (only been twice) I've gone with 4 mags in pouches + 1 in the gun. Rotated via a dump pouch. Most I've used is 4 mags in one game so seems about right. 

I'll definitely look at the TMC and see how I could use it and I can get it in woodland👍. I don't think I need a backpack at this stage but allowing for one in the future is good thinking.

*edit* Just seen the price of a genuine SS MK3😲 Way out of my budget. 

Edited by 38super

• Supporters

Just to chuck a spanner in the works for you I tried a rapid assault a while ago(a mate was kind enough to lend me his when I was looking for a chest rig)and I found it to sparse as is only holding mags and a bit ungainly when it had pouches on it so I ended up getting the condor Recon chest rig and it was perfect for what I wanted , nice and light but just enough pouches to hold my extra bits but without feeling awkward like the assault was with the extra pouches on it .

2FD2D3A1-6DE5-4666-93E2-07B9E2C433F8.jpeg

• Supporters

Looks a bit like a warrior DAR rig, but the warrior kit is substantially better, nice features such as non slip backing etc, I've been running one with a condor hydro back panel 👍.

Shameless plug but mine might be up for sale soon, let me know if your interested ?

53 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Just to chuck a spanner in the works for you I tried a rapid assault a while ago(a mate was kind enough to lend me his when I was looking for a chest rig)and I found it to sparse as is only holding mags and a bit ungainly when it had pouches on it so I ended up getting the condor Recon chest rig and it was perfect for what I wanted , nice and light but just enough pouches to hold my extra bits but without feeling awkward like the assault was with the extra pouches on it .

2FD2D3A1-6DE5-4666-93E2-07B9E2C433F8.jpeg

What put me off the Recon is double stacked mags. I would prefer to keep things close to my body. 

I don't know how that'll feel until I've tried it though.

Condor also do one called the Modular Chest Rig which a minimalist version with just 8 columns of PALS but I can't find anyone in the UK even selling it let alone in stock.

27 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Looks a bit like a warrior DAR rig, but the warrior kit is substantially better, nice features such as non slip backing etc, I've been running one with a condor hydro back panel 👍.

Shameless plug but mine might be up for sale soon, let me know if your interested ?

I like the look of that if it's the same as the one UK Tactical are selling. Virtually nothing about them  comes up on a google search though. Does it come as a complete rig or does it need a back plate like the warrior one?

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, 38super said:

I like the look of that if it's the same as the one UK Tactical are selling. Virtually nothing about them  comes up on a google search though. Does it come as a complete rig or does it need a back plate like the warrior one?

Set up on the back, if I remember correctly, is an X strap setup with a lower waist belt, I did away with the X strap, the hydra panel while still lightweight gives it the sturdier feel of a plate carrier, especially while spreading any load on the shoulders comfortably, without feeling claustrophobic the way PC's made me feel, but that might be just me lol😳

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.