Jing Gong Jg080 (Sig550)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Mr. No_Face said:

The results should be the same?

Is that the argument here?

The argument is that a bb gets his range mostly from the energy it's being pushed at and the RPM given by rubbing against the hop rubber's surface (lift).

To counter those two forces Mother Nature gave us gravity (counters lift) and air resistance (which counters the bb's energy and includes factors like temperature, wind, humidity for the sake of keeping it simple).

Tell me where barrel length sits in this equation :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

even 2 nominally identical guns taken sequentially from the production line will not perform the same right?

Most definitely this , when you come down to it I do believe TM are still about the only airsoft producer you can really expect two same model and run guns to side by side perform equally , if anything simply due to the manufacturing standards they enforce . I would think the biggest mechanical variable affecting uniformity is the fact the BB is traveling down an oversized smooth bore tube so no two BBs will have the same journey down it . So once you chuck questionable QC in to the pot as well ? 🤔

Guest Mr. No_Face
22 minutes ago, Skara said:

The argument is that a bb gets his range mostly from the energy it's being pushed at and the RPM given by rubbing against the hop rubber's surface (lift).

To counter those two forces Mother Nature gave us gravity (counters lift) and air resistance (which counters the bb's energy and includes factors like temperature, wind, humidity for the sake of keeping it simple).

Tell me where barrel length sits in this equation :D

So that's a yes judging from this response. The sooner an object is propelled from a tunnelling system the sooner gravity will take affect of it.
A longer funnelling system, tube allows time to generate uninterrupted momentum and exit velocity. This does NOT account for instances where the length is long enough to impair this hence there is no real difference when it pertains to traditional length  M4s and DMRs in airsoft unless hop and other integral parts are considered

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
23 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Hi folks. I Fancy getting a longer rifle for more range and something a bit different to the plethora of M4s out there within my budget of £150... have had my eye on the JG 550 for a while as I like the styling (vaguely futuristic but still traditional, without the plethora of rails, fancy guards etc that I'm not fussed about) and the price is right.

Has anyone had any experience with them, are they any good?

Cheers

Eezer (formerly 125cc)

Not sure what the other chaps here are wanking themselves silly over but grab the JG 550 - I don't have experience with the 550 itself but JG generally make "OK to Good" RIFs in the sense that they work, QC is good, and internals are durable. Can't go wrong imo.

Guest Mr. No_Face

@Skara You there? lol. Was that true or False?

EDIT: Skara is taking his sweet time trying to research physics and construct his next response.

But who knows he could be at "work" and contributing to society like last time.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

@Skara You there? lol. Was that true or False?

EDIT: Skara is taking his sweet time trying to research physics and construct his next response.

But who knows he could be at "work" and contributing to society like last time.

given this is the level of conversation you're putting forward can't say i blame him for not wanting to respond......

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

given this is the level of conversation you're putting forward can't say i blame him for not wanting to respond......

"Level" of conversation as in being a bit Dickish? He was being one too. Takes 2 to tango. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

"Level" of conversation as in being a bit Dickish? He was being one too. Takes 2 to tango. 

Honestly why can’t people just agree to disagree. I’m not singling you out and I respect if you have a different opinion but this is just going around in circles. All that’s going to happen here is people are going to fall out over barrel lengths. Really? 

Guest Mr. No_Face
Just now, GenuineGerman said:

Honestly why can’t people just agree to disagree. I’m not singling you out and I respect if you have a different opinion but this is just going around in circles. All that’s going to happen here is people are going to fall out over barrel lengths. Really? 

The hilarious part is that Nobody was wrong up until the CM raider vs The CM FireHawk portion of this debate. Extreme circumstances where the difference in millimetres is an actual factor in range.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
51 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

image.png.3e8f0ca263768b9487384d69c339e49e.png

go to the winchester have a pint - New images - page 1 | Meme Generator

Did it weeks ago.

Guest Mr. No_Face
6 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

image.png.3e8f0ca263768b9487384d69c339e49e.png

go to the winchester have a pint - New images - page 1 | Meme Generator

Did it weeks ago.

Oof! Mah feelins.........I'll miss our interactions.

After all I did "learn" so much😥

f7f.jpeg.289cd924b4f87dcde7e487e746449a56.jpeg

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Quite a generic point but will make it anyway. If you're used to shorter guns be careful and conscious of the added length of the sig in the first few games. Can be very annoying to smack your new AEG against a tree/doorway/etc. on the first day you are running it. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

& You always seem to be one of the "dance" partners 😏

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

& You always seem to be one of the "dance" partners 😏

Along with the same characters in the same ol story.

21 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Oof! Mah feelins.........I'll miss our interactions.

After all I did "learn" so much😥

f7f.jpeg.289cd924b4f87dcde7e487e746449a56.jpeg

Try another forum fella but brush up on your people skills eh? 👍

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Try another forum fella but brush up on your people skills eh? 👍

Not a bad idea. 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Quite a generic point but will make it anyway. If you're used to shorter guns be careful and conscious of the added length of the sig in the first few games. Can be very annoying to smack your new AEG against a tree/doorway/etc. on the first day you are running it. 

remember borrowing a mosin with the spike bayonet, that'll teach you how to deal with a long gun :P

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm just busy, can't spend all day doing fuck all :D

2 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Well I've had a look at the thread and I didn't seem to be "dickish" until you started acting like "oh he's taking his time cuz he can't answer HehEheEhEhEeHeHeHe", which by the way is why forums are so good compared to Facebook, Instagram and all that load of shit the younger generations are so used to: people here take their time to answer, to give a more comprehensive answer to whatever question is being asked rather than typing a few words and press send.

I tried to explain in the simplest way possible why barrel length doesn't matter, you came up with a supposed test that doesn't make much sense because the "basic condition" isn't the same for both guns (and no, both being stock doesn't mean they're the same thing), then when I brought up the mk23 you went "but it's not the same hop" and well, yes it's the same hop. The contact mound on the stock TM rubber is no different from the contact mound of a G&G green or a Prommy Purple or whatever standard rubber you can think of.

Go ahead and act offended as much as you want, I couldn't give less shits about it.

@Ebeneezer Goodesorry for turning your thread into a shithole btw.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Moderators can go ahead and delete my account. 👍

if you feel like you need to take a break that's fine, but might as well leave the door open?

had debates on here with folks about issues that i care about a hell of a lot more than this, real core-issue disagreement stuff, then you just move on, no point wasting your energy holding grudges on the internet.

8 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

All,

Thanks for the replies. For clarity, I'm not too fussed about having a posh gnu or sniping - just would like something a little different to run alongside the M4 if/when it takes my fancy. Any extra poke would be handy for the couple of larger areas at my woodland site, but not a must by any means. I'll leave the arguments about physics to others... I just enjoy airsofting and getting on with folks.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Eezer 

I run several JG guns and have always found them to be much better than the price would suggest.  Wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Incase no one has mentioned it, just watch the barrel if it's longer than your other gun, easy to smack it on a tree ! 

Nick

Guest Mr. No_Face

@Skara You don't have to explain yourself anymore I've already arrived at my conclusion when it comes to you. You do not want that response on this forum. I gave you more than enough time to explain yourself Over and Over and you think like some weasel you're gonna  slide in a comment when I'm out to save face?

I don't want to read another word from you. I'm convinced you don't even know your left foot from your fucking right. 

Stop responding I'm done. You're done. You had more than enough time. It's over.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Moderators can go ahead and delete my account. 👍

No need as you are partly right in barrel length affects accuracy and the sweet spot on a correctly set up and volumed AEG is 220mm to 370mm.

There are a whole host of reasons behind this and while hop and muzzle velocity are the main factors they are not all there is. Air flow within the barrel and how the air is affecting the stability inside and how the air around the barrel exit behaves as it leaves all add up.

To the OP JG Sig is ok but the ICS is better, if you can find a reasonable priced second hand one it is worth a look.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.