Custom Face Lifted Alloy Vsr10 Front to Back

Sema Dragun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've owned my VSR10 for almost 8 years now, broke the stock awhile ago, or rather i had it sitting up high and a friend knocked it off, breaking the stock in a couple of places, needless to say it was gone and beyond a tasteful repair.

So i knocked up an alloy stock, thought i'd post some progress pics for my first thread.

Everything is mocked up lots to do still, just need to file around the mag area so the mags slide in just right.

Have to say alloy feels really nice

and has  an awesome weight to it.

Dummy magazine for looks, but will have one of my mags sitting on top of it so will still work, but more for display than anything.

The only thing left standard would be the rear cylinder end cap and the hop chamber block and hop chamber, everything else is mostly all Laylax upgrades. Shoots on a dime, i mean when you have a target you will whittle it down to the size of a small coin and then some till it's pretty much gone.

Grip needs to be tan, stock will be matt black with cut outs, the cut outs will have digital green camo inserts.

Bloody time consuming making a stock, but well worth it especially when it finally starts to take shape. :)

EDIT-Extended the stock by 40mm, and wow fits like a glove, over all its around 1150mm long now.

1swifthawk702.jpg

swifthawk702.jpg

Edited by Sema Dragun

lookikng gd so far cant wait to see the prgress off this!

2 hours ago, Misery said:

lookikng gd so far cant wait to see the prgress off this!

Thanks very much Misery, it's almost finished, just needs to be painted and finished off, different fasteners, etc. Looks rough now but should hopefully look much better soon will a matt black finish.

readyforpaintJYSW702.jpg

what sort of finish is the metal getting done to it as that would look nice powder coated

3 hours ago, Misery said:

what sort of finish is the metal getting done to it as that would look nice powder coated

I was going to camo wrap it in digital green, but it's a weird camo it damn well blends into everything so decided to go just a matt black for now, can't re.ally decide for before i wanted the digital camo wrap.

It wont stay black though, the original stock was matt black so would rather something different. :)

ahhh nice like i said id personally get it powder coated bro that would look amazing lol

22 hours ago, Misery said:

ahhh nice like i said id personally get it powder coated bro that would look amazing lol

I think a powder coat would look really nice also, now you got me thinking about it..but i think i will powder coat the next stock i want to build, not for this stock though.

EDIT-This being my first stock it could have been much better, I'm very happy with it for it blows the original stock away.

This stock took quite a few hours for i stopped going directly off my original stock and just went with that i wanted which wasn't the way to go about it.

If i wanted to make a new one i could have it done in a day for i would approach it very differently.

But wow what a learning curve making your own stock, very grateful for the experience for now i have the confidence to make anything now.

So sadly it's undeserving of a powder coat for although it would look great, i know what lies underneath.

Edited by Sema Dragun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.