Cyma Ak Hop Upgrade .

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As the title says , I’ve got a couple of Cyma AK’s . I love using them but the range just isn’t there so question is “have you personally(not your cousins, friends aunties , dog walkers son)upgraded your AK’s” wether by the inner barrel , hop rubber and or the hop unit and it’s dramatically improved the range and accuracy ? 
cheers guys .

• Supporters

for a cyma i'd be saying more likely air seal giving low/inconsistent fps.

the stock hop unit/barrel are ok, maybe switch to the usual ml macaron+omega and stuff some heavier ammo.

last cyma i worked on hadn't much trouble lifting .3's at 1j after some air seal work and fixing a shoddy downgrade (where they take a biro pen clicker spring instead of an actual aeg spring)

you wanna go baller then combat union.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for a cyma i'd be saying more likely air seal giving low/inconsistent fps.

the stock hop unit/barrel are ok, maybe switch to the usual ml macaron+omega and stuff some heavier ammo.

last cyma i worked on hadn't much trouble lifting .3's at 1j after some air seal work and fixing a shoddy downgrade (where they take a biro pen clicker spring instead of an actual aeg spring)

you wanna go baller then combat union.

It was doing 259fps on .25’s grouping and range where pretty consistent just unfortunately this consistent range was most definitely MEH ! 😡

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

It was doing 259fps on .25’s grouping and range where pretty consistent just unfortunately this consistent range was most definitely MEH ! 😡

so 0.78j, fair bit of headroom.

worth seeing what the shot to shot fps variation is, it's the litmus test for your air seal (the ± fps number you want as low as possible)

no point putting a bigger spring in there till sure that extra energy is going out the barrel.

I personally use the Prowin AK hop up unit or one of it copies such as the  E&L version which I find to be good. Also use the ASG Ultimate hop unit for my Real Swords but that generally to get rid of the mag wobble.

As for hop rubber I use Mad bull blue 60 degree or G&G green. 

As for barrel I generally stick with stock, I have used a madbull 455mm stainless steel tight bore but found the result to be disappointing to me  for range. 

I have had very good range results with an Prowin hop unit , R-hop, g&g green hop rubber, ORGA Magnus Barrel 6.23 wide bore and PTFE tape. 

Edited by Sniper780

I have used the Combat Union hop unit with a ZCI 6.02mm barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron rubber and Omega nub to great effect with regards to range and accuracy in a CYMA AKM, an LCT AKMS and an LCT PP-19-01.

Airseal is the PIA with these.  I'm quite happy fitting another any upgrade hop rubber and just tightening the screw on the hop unit slider up a touch to stop it wandering.  

Airseals are either OK out of the box or leaky as fuck.  

I've three of the things and they're all the same.  Silly as a better nozzle at the factory would add about 25p to the cost of the gun and stop you having to tear some of them down.   

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Silly as a better nozzle at the factory would add about 25p to the cost of the gun and stop you having to tear some of them down.   

Oh so true ! How many years has the concept of ‘spend a little more , get a bigger return’ been around ? And yet 99% of all business STILL don’t get it ! 🤦‍♂️

• 2 months later...

Little late to the party but I’ve got a couple of Cyma AKs shooting at around 270-280 on a .25 and getting pretty surprising range and accuracy (easily floating .28s to about 50 metres consistently) All I did was put in a simple ZCI tightbore which are around 15-20 quid and a flat hopped G&G green bucking. It’s a fairly cheap setup, about £30-35 all in if you can flat hop yourself and that’s not super difficult if you watch a couple of tutorials and practice on an old bucking first. I’ve put pretty much the same deal in an LCT PP1901 but with a prommy purple because that gun just hated two G&Gs I tried and it’s getting the same level of range and accuracy. Obviously this may be different in your gun and by no means saying it’s the perfect setup but I’ve been nothing but happy with the results. Also a tightbore if you haven’t got one already and wrapping some Teflon tape around the gap between bucking and barrel (look up Teflon mod for more details) will increase FPS and shot-to-shot FPS consistency a little bit which will help. Luckily, in my experience, AK hops seem to get great results with a little upgrading to barrel and bucking and are monkey-tier easy to work on so good luck and do the motherland proud 👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...

Iv recently fitted a prowin hop unit and purple prommy to my JG RPK,

really happy with the range and fps/air seal in this set up. 
my only issue came with the ebb constantly knocking the hop arm to off position. 
I remedied this by adding a small rubber o ring to the back of the hop arm adjustment screw. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.