What's the Worst Airsoft Injury You've Had? Bank Account Not Included

Brophy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I fell down a set of stairs in the dark at the Mall in Reading, hurting my leg. 

Hobbled up, using my PTW was a crutch and still got fucking shot. 

Then... Long ass time ago, I pulled a muscle while running around at Combat South Woodland. Too much kit, not enough warming up and some bad luck. 

Hurt for a while but meh.. All good other than that. 

• Supporters

Only had 2 injuries when playing, both at the same site, Ft Amherst in Chatham.

First was when an unseen 50 year old coil of barbed wire hooked both feet in dense bushes, just as I was about to jump down a 5ft ledge, would've been an extreme faceplant but for the fact I'm a well disciplined old soldier, kept the rifle in my shoulder as I dived towards the ground, buried the entire barrel vertically in the soil, so all the force went straight in to my chest/shoulder, thought I was done for at the time, & my upper torso was black & blue for weeks afterwards.

But thank the gods, my TM M4 escaped unharmed lol🙏.

Couple of months later, took another dive down about five stone steps in what was known as the chapel, landed on a stone floor, initially thought I had a few bumps & bruises, later in the safezone one particular bump on my elbow wouldnt stop stinging, closer inspection revealed a 6mm BB buried well under the skin, but with only a tiny entry wound, much smaller than the BB itself.

Ended up with a mate massaging it towards the surface, & then "popping" it like a big zit, forcing it back out through the much smaller hole.

Needless to say it came out with quite a pop, lol prob hit 1j on its way out, & made a few onlookers heave in the process 🤮

I ran up a basement stairwell into an open large CQB area with mock walls. Barrels blazing. All gun ho. Not watching where I was running. Head look on one direction. Feet running in another. Then wallop. Straight into a wooden wall. I hit it at speed and bounced off it. The marshal came running over to make sure I was ok. He did ask if I’d filled out a waiver though. That was quite thoughtful of him!!! I did sit out for 15 mins or so to get my head back on straight lol. Looking back it was well funny. Lol

My worst one seems mild to all of these. I was charging a position and took a BB right in the gob, hit the back of my throat and had me gagging and coughing all day after. Made eating and drinking a pain for a few days after. Now always have face pro as dont want that experience again.

Just now, SheriffHD said:

My worst one seems mild to all of these. I was charging a position and took a BB right in the gob, hit the back of my throat and had me gagging and coughing all day after. Made eating and drinking a pain for a few days after. Now always have face pro as dont want that experience again.

Bloodyhell, that could have been nasty if it was more powerful.

Euergh....

I thankfully havent had anything other than a bruised ego from tripping. But I remember one guy went over and into some metal barrels whilst running. Story is marshals were dealing with him as he really hurt his leg and was in a lot of pain and one of them said his knee pad had slipped to the underside of his leg to which the player responded through clenched teeth "im not wearing kneepads", turns out it was his kneecap. OUCH

Last Sunday at Mayhem.

Mine is wholly self inflicted, I forgot one, well two, of the golden rules:

Wear lower face pro - got shot on the tip of the nose, my son has a fascination with it and keeps poking it. It stings. A lot.

Buy a size up in boots - I was expecting these to wear in by now, they haven't, I guess this speaks to their quality. What it meant for my energetic ass is a big toe with a blood blister under the nail that I may or may not lose.

On 28/04/2021 at 12:55, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah the Malls stairs were great falling down and are responsible for my worst airsoft injury. Slowed me down for the rest of the day a bit.

20160516_201828.thumb.jpg.451672d56f421bbd24472533dfcafc01.jpg

Fuck! Looks like you went up two shoe sizes.Ouch!!

Regards 

On 28/04/2021 at 13:31, Albiscuit said:

Euergh....

I thankfully havent had anything other than a bruised ego from tripping. But I remember one guy went over and into some metal barrels whilst running. Story is marshals were dealing with him as he really hurt his leg and was in a lot of pain and one of them said his knee pad had slipped to the underside of his leg to which the player responded through clenched teeth "im not wearing kneepads", turns out it was his kneecap. OUCH

Not funny but that's funny.🤭

The worst one for me was when I lost part of my front tooth.

At NAF2018, during a skirmish in the forest, together with my mate I was suppressing a sniper, laying down some fire from a prone position across the road. Since he was too close to target us with his sniper rifle, he pulled out a handgun and rushed from across the road, ignoring a bunch of BBs hitting him along the way from my own rifle, as well as my mate's. Because why would you want to call "HIT!" when you get hit several times from automatic fire, right?

So, he went across the road to our position and opened fire with his pistol. When he got too close (~5 metres), I reached for my pistol and raised my head up, inadvertently opening my mouth as I was looking up at him. Instead of shooting at the rest of my body from 5 metres, this idiot decided to put a couple of rounds directly in my face, hitting my mouth two times. One bruised my lip, the other hit my tooth and chipped it off as a result.

Bastard didn't even apologise, and later the root canal treatment didn't manage to save the tooth, and the nerve damage was done also to the other front tooth.

Still waiting for my implants to be fitted.

10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah I struggled getting shoes on for a few weeks and had to slash my workboots.

But lesson learned, don't carry on playing and then go to the pub when you have fractured your foot in seven places 😁

Its a man's world 👍

5 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

This idiot decided to put a couple of rounds directly in my face, hitting my mouth two times. One bruised my lip, the other hit my tooth and chipped it off as a result.

Bastard didn't even apologise, and later the root canal treatment didn't manage to save the tooth, and the nerve damage was done also to the other front tooth.

That is insane, i would have given him a widow maker  with the butt end of my stock...or make him pay for your dentist bill!

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

The worst one for me was when I lost part of my front tooth.

At NAF2018, during a skirmish in the forest, together with my mate I was suppressing a sniper, laying down some fire from a prone position across the road. Since he was too close to target us with his sniper rifle, he pulled out a handgun and rushed from across the road, ignoring a bunch of BBs hitting him along the way from my own rifle, as well as my mate's. Because why would you want to call "HIT!" when you get hit several times from automatic fire, right?

So, he went across the road to our position and opened fire with his pistol. When he got too close (~5 metres), I reached for my pistol and raised my head up, inadvertently opening my mouth as I was looking up at him. Instead of shooting at the rest of my body from 5 metres, this idiot decided to put a couple of rounds directly in my face, hitting my mouth two times. One bruised my lip, the other hit my tooth and chipped it off as a result.

Sounds like you need some full face protection. 

19 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I was going to suggest that but surely after that incident he would be wearing it.

But that player is a damn right tosser, hope he gets him back in a future game.

On 30/04/2021 at 23:39, jcheeseright said:

Oh, believe me mate; at the same festival I bought my WARQ helmet with full face protection and I only wear tac-glasses with a facemask from then on. Doesn't justify shooting me in the face, when he had my whole body at his disposal. Could've shot me anywhere, including my boonie hat, that I had on at the time.

I was in a combination of shock, disbelief and nerve pain, so by the time I realised what happened that dude was gone without a word. Disgraceful little $%^&. If you make any mistake, own it, own its consequences. You hurt someone — you apologise and make amends.

9 minutes ago, shadowfacex said:

Oh, believe me mate; at the same festival I bought my WARQ helmet with full face protection and I only wear tac-glasses with a facemask from then on. Doesn't justify shooting me in the face, when he had my whole body at his disposal. Could've shot me anywhere, including my boonie hat, that I had on at the time.

I was in a combination of shock, disbelief and nerve pain, so by the time I realised what happened that dude was gone without a word. Disgraceful little $%^&. If you make any mistake, own it, own its consequences. You hurt someone — you apologise and make amends.

I had a look at those helmets at nae and they were £200+

Nice but expensive. 

21 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I had a look at those helmets at nae and they were £200+

Nice but expensive. 

True they were expensive, but I don't think I've paid that much; definitely close to £200 for a full set (helmet + headset). It's been really good and comfortable for extended periods of time. The downside is that I need scope risers for all my rifles! 😅

Took an innocuous stumble at Battle Lakes. Played on with some bruised pride.

Woke up the next day with a pinched sciatic nerve. Spent the next couple of months shuffling around, necking Diazapam and Codiene. There were times when taking too many just to stop the pain seemed like a good idea. Thankfully those times were few and far between.

5 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Took an innocuous stumble at Battle Lakes. Played on with some bruised pride.

Woke up the next day with a pinched sciatic nerve. Spent the next couple of months shuffling around, necking Diazapam and Codiene. There were times when taking too many just to stop the pain seemed like a good idea. Thankfully those times were few and far between.

Feel your pain!

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, John_W said:

Someone on a Forum once hurt my feelings 😪

images.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a good few, but two that I always bring up happened at the old (OLD) Dragon Valley site (Boys Village, West Aberthaw - RIP in peace, one of the best urban sites I've ever been to.) 

First incident (TL:DR) Just as the last game of the day was drawing to a close, I ran from the "gym" (basketball court situation,) up the bleachers and through the door leading into the empty swimming pool. Despite being warned not too do a "fall in the pool" in the safety brief, I did a fall in the pool and domed myself. Saw stars and definitely did some damage. I wear helmets these days.

Second was at the weekender when Silvafox was hoisted upside down in the safe zone above the stairs because he wanted his boot prints on the ceiling... 

Last game of the day again, Pepperpotting back to our "Alamo" point, I tripped over a piece of barricade and whacked my knee on a brick/rock/Accy Nori that had somehow followed me all the way to Wales) and broke it. I didn't realise at the time, adrenaline kicked in, asked a guy to drag me into the storage cupboard we all planned on hole-ing up in and for that twenty seconds of crazy pain being dragged by my vest sling rounds through a borrowed MP5 because I'd done something stupid to my XM177. It was real. Best day ever. (5 hour trip home was the worst.) - Luckily the guy who drove us down is a paramedic and strapped me up, gave me something for the pain and I was out for the duration. That was about 20 years ago and that knee is still dodgy. (Knee pads lads... knee pads...) 

• Supporters

This March a mate took a Taginn round right down main street, bounced off him, nailed me in the crotch, fell between us and went off, shrapnling both areas on us. Unpleasant in the moment but not terrible. Same game I took a clearly hot round right below the naval that bled for forever and is still a nice bruise-look two months later. In September had a grenade of some sort - likely Taginn or EG - land inches in front of me while kneeling - bloodied the inside of both thighs and my right arm (sounds worse than it was - tiny bits of shrapnel and the like. Closed up by the time I got back to my hotel. A bit of peroxide to prevent any infections and I was fine). Besides those Ive been pretty good. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.