What's the Worst Airsoft Injury You've Had? Bank Account Not Included

Brophy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Brophy changed the title to What's the Worst Airsoft Injury You've Had? Bank Account Not Included

Almost broke my leg assaulting a position...leg bent the other way when caught on a tree stump sticking out that I never noticed.  Couldn't walk for about 30mins.. Marshall wanted to stop the game, I said no and to keep the game going (We were winning) and checked my rifle for damage whilst on the floor in a lot of pain.. :)

Massive swelling and bruising only thankgod.  (Broke both my legs on Motorbike trip in the USA a few years earlier...thought of break them again..argh!!)

22 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Almost broke my leg assaulting a position...leg bent the other way when caught on a tree stump sticking out that I never noticed.  Couldn't walk for about 30mins.. Marshall wanted to stop the game, I said no and to keep the game going (We were winning) and checked my rifle for damage whilst on the floor in a lot of pain.. :)

Massive swelling and bruising only thankgod.  (Broke both my legs on Motorbike trip in the USA a few years earlier...thought of break them again..argh!!)

Wow! Always new motorbikes were dangerous.These are much safer 🛴 lol.

Well at least you knew what your priorities were.....check the gun! 👍🙂

Regards 

10 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Falling down a flight of stairs whilst taking point. Yeah...that was super fun.

Oops! 

You walked away or were carried? Lol 🚑

Regards 

• Supporters

Full auto blast to the face at 10ft if that ? Was wearing mesh mask and glasses so no facial tissue injuries BUT unfortunately for me as it was late January and colder than the mother in law’s heart the ambient temp was below zero which affected my prescription inserts and made them ever so slightly brittle I discovered later . So because this twat hosed me at such a short distance the impact of the BBs from his HPA’ed gun(thank you for proving the assumption of HPA players ?)running at a gazillion rps caused the Lense of my glasses to flex which transferred the energy from the impacts to the insert making one of them shatter and propelled all the shards of plastic in to my eye ! I was incredibly lucky not to cause any serious damage as I stopped my self from rubbing my eye as you’d automatically do . Went to local hospital , couple of hrs carefully getting all The bits out of my eye and thank f**k no permanent injures suffered . 

Like the video, I’ve had a flash bang grenade thrown at my head.... worst part breaching, it was a friendly behind me!!!! 🤦‍♂️
Stacked it many times, thankfully no injures! 😅

Did fall on a dead tree root, had my knee pads on, glad I did absorbed most of the impact, sadly couldn’t continue! “Minor” 🤕

The worst case for me, which could of been “Major”, a head injury! On a machete spree, got the guy went through the netting and almost smacked my head in on the concrete road.... on my video and only wearing a boonie hat!!!! 😵

💷GAMBLE💷

Edited by GAMBLE

Got hit quite close range on the eyebrow between hat and eyepro.

May have been a hot gun because it drew blood which dripped down into my eye.

Didn't leave a cool scar tho 🤨😄

Edited by EDcase

Guest Mr. No_Face
52 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Oops! 

You walked away or were carried? Lol 🚑

Regards 

I managed to walk it off but my optic and contour roam cam were both shattered completely. I was more pissed off than hurt at the time.😡

Can relate with @EDcase, brought a tear to my eye and some explicit words! 🤬

From that day on, learn’t an important lesson.... wear some head protection! 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

and colder than the mother in law’s heart 

🤭

Crikey you were undoubtedly fortunate on that occasion.

I would have had to rub my eyes as a would have been grizzeling like a girly!

Regards 

56 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Like the video, I’ve had a flash bang grenade thrown at my head.... worst part breaching, it was a friendly behind me!!!! 🤦‍♂️
Stacked it many times, thankfully no injures! 😅

Did fall on a dead tree root, had my knee pads on, glad I did absorbed most of the impact, sadly couldn’t continue! “Minor” 🤕

The worst case for me, which could of been “Major”, a head injury! On a machete spree, got the guy went through the netting and almost smacked my head in on the concrete road.... on my video and only wearing a boonie hat!!!! 😵

💷GAMBLE💷

Ouch!

I will watch that vid.

Glad it didn't put you off👍

41 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Got hit quite close range on the eyebrow between hat and eyepro.

May have been a hot gun because it drew blood which dripped down into my eye.

Feel ya pain there fella. I'm on aspirin so when I bleed it's like my throat has been cut. Lol

Regards 

@Shamal at the time, it was fun and had so much adrenaline!!!!

When I went through the footage the next day, I couldn’t believe how close I was.... I showed my dad and even he agreed!!!! 😮

It’s the MY 1st FOOTAGE AT INCURSION AIRSOFT, WOODLAND!!!!

It did sink in.... thinking how it could of been worse.... I intend to keep going for as long as I can? 🤔👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Shamal said:

🤭

Crikey you were undoubtedly fortunate on that occasion.

I would have had to rub my eyes as a would have been grizzeling like a girly!

Regards 

Oh man you don’t know how hard it was not to rub the f**k out of it ! 😖

Was only because I knew the potentially catastrophic damage I could have done through work that stopped me .👍

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Oh man you don’t know how hard it was not to rub the f**k out of it ! 😖

Was only because I knew the potentially catastrophic damage I could have done through work that stopped me .👍

Likewise mate.   I stopped myself rubbing my eye when some aggregate blew into my eye at work.  Bloody hard.  

I have to take serious painkillers to do airsoft.   Worst injury was probably tearing more cartilage in my foot during a milsim.  If I'd taken the muscle relaxants I may have got away with it, but being out of my routine I forgot.   

I did have  some tit deciding that I wasn't calling my hits and throwing himself round a barrier and full autoing me in the face at a few feet.   Much blood from eyebrows, bridge of nose and forehead.   Soon healed though, unlike foot...

Not a personal experience, but one of the players I was with at a friends 'Stag do' game was running along and put his food down a rabbit hole. His leg stopped instantly but his body kept going ending up with a 90 bend the wrong way in the middle of his shin (ouch). He ended up having to have surgery to put metal pins in his leg and was in a plaster cast for the wedding (not a good look for the photos as he was the best man).

Worst airsoft injury I have personally witnessed by a long margin, but It wasn't really airsoft specific, could have happened at any event/sport/activity where you run through the woods.

I've injured myself more messing around with my guns than actually in a game. My worst two are when I was carving out a rail cover with a scalpel to fit a pressure switch and I slipped and stabbed myself in the end of my thumb. On instinct I shook my hand and splattered blood across my room from corner to corner. The other one was when I was using a flat head screwdriver to tighten a barrel nut and it snapped and went into my ring finger. It actually severed a nerve which I had to push back into the hole. I still have a strip of numbness in that finger. 

17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Full auto blast to the face at 10ft if that ? Was wearing mesh mask and glasses so no facial tissue injuries BUT unfortunately for me as it was late January and colder than the mother in law’s heart the ambient temp was below zero which affected my prescription inserts and made them ever so slightly brittle I discovered later . So because this twat hosed me at such a short distance the impact of the BBs from his HPA’ed gun(thank you for proving the assumption of HPA players ?)running at a gazillion rps caused the Lense of my glasses to flex which transferred the energy from the impacts to the insert making one of them shatter and propelled all the shards of plastic in to my eye ! I was incredibly lucky not to cause any serious damage as I stopped my self from rubbing my eye as you’d automatically do . Went to local hospital , couple of hrs carefully getting all The bits out of my eye and thank f**k no permanent injures suffered . 

Can I recommend Laser Eye surgery... I've been a glasses wear all my life and know the pain and issues it causes for sport/activites/motorbikes etc..

Since I had mine done years ago, it was the best decision I ever took...life was so different afterwards.  A worthy investment. :)

Oh my mate got all BFG's banned at our local site..

He ran at a barricade with his TRMR Magflash, hoping to give the people on the other side the good news....he tripped over a log, went down...chinned himself in the face with his ARP and set off the TRMR in his hand, which at this point was next to his face.  His gloves melted through, burning his hand and he took a 2" gash out of his chin, blood everywhere.....burnt the hairs of his beard on one side of his face.. He was pretty messed up.

When @ Hospital getting his chin glued and hand seen too, he told the nurses he tripped on his grenade.  Plod showed up soon after!!  After questioning him..they just told him to throw the grenade next time..lol

HSE were then informed by the Plod (I assume) and they visited the site owner....and now all PYRO other than disposables are Banned.

He always gets shit for this when we are there...lol

3 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Not a personal experience, but one of the players I was with at a friends 'Stag do' game was running along and put his food down a rabbit hole. His leg stopped instantly but his body kept going ending up with a 90 bend the wrong way in the middle of his shin (ouch). He ended up having to have surgery to put metal pins in his leg and was in a plaster cast for the wedding (not a good look for the photos as he was the best man).

Worst airsoft injury I have personally witnessed by a long margin, but It wasn't really airsoft specific, could have happened at any event/sport/activity where you run through the woods.

I can almost hear the 'Snap'! Ouch!

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've injured myself more messing around with my guns than actually in a game. My worst two are when I was carving out a rail cover with a scalpel to fit a pressure switch and I slipped and stabbed myself in the end of my thumb. On instinct I shook my hand and splattered blood across my room from corner to corner. The other one was when I was using a flat head screwdriver to tighten a barrel nut and it snapped and went into my ring finger. It actually severed a nerve which I had to push back into the hole. I still have a strip of numbness in that finger. 

Not laughing cause you hurt yourself.

I can just imagine you redecorating the walls a nice shade of blood.🤭

Regards 

54 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Can I recommend Laser Eye surgery... I've been a glasses wear all my life and know the pain and issues it causes for sport/activites/motorbikes etc..

Since I had mine done years ago, it was the best decision I ever took...life was so different afterwards.  A worthy investment. :)

He ran at a barricade with his TRMR Magflash, hoping to give the people on the other side the good news....he tripped over a log, went down...chinned himself in the face with his ARP and set off the TRMR in his hand, which at this point was next to his face.  His gloves melted through, burning his hand and he took a 2" gash out of his chin, blood everywhere.....burnt the hairs of his beard on one side of his face.. He was pretty messed up.

When @ Hospital getting his chin glued and hand seen too, he told the nurses he tripped on his grenade.  Plod showed up soon after!!  After questioning him..they just told him to throw the grenade next time..lol

HSE were then informed by the Plod (I assume) and they visited the site owner....and now all PYRO other than disposables are Banned.

Haha love it! Feel sorry for him  but you gotta laugh. 😆

Regards 

16 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I can almost hear the 'Snap'! Ouch!

Not laughing cause you hurt yourself.

I can just imagine you redecorating the walls a nice shade of blood.🤭

Regards 

Haha love it! Feel sorry for him  but you gotta laugh. 😆

Regards 

Pretty sure you can still find the blood spatters of you look. In fact you can work out exactly how my duvet was by lining up the splatter

• Supporters
On 24/04/2021 at 14:48, Monkman said:

Wish I could but but my lamps aren’t suitable for laser correction .😢

First time playing with a GBB(Co2) for some reason i was scoping down the rail and forgot to move my head before pulling the trigger, resulting in a solid punch from the slide into my forehead.

You don't realise how powerful that blow back action is until you stick your noggin right behind it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.