Idea for a Custom Gas Rifle

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had an idea for a gun and I need you lot to tell me how doable you think it is. I want a green gas Winchester repeater so I'm thinking if you had the gas in the stock like a TM M870 and an integrated mid cap magazine in the magazine tube that you can load from the loading gate with a speedloader. Then you have the bolt and lever system like a normal single action gas gun and the trigger under the bolt with the trigger connected to the hammer and valve knocker behind the gas route through the grip. And you can have a rotary or tdc hop up. How doable do you think this would be?

• Supporters

As something a manufacturer could make? Not hearing anything that couldnt be done.

For a one-off that isnt almost entirely 3-d printed much trickier.

One thing i'm thinking here is mk23 trigger group, as that handles the feed nozzle/hammer/knocker assembly, then the bolt is just a fake to cock the hammer.

Loading gate might be tricky, the easiest route would be a curved feed right up to the chamber, but that'd mean the follower would have to pass the loading gate location whilst there were still a few bb's ahead of it.

A lifter could be made, but it'd add a lot of complexity just to avoid tube loading it like a henry.

Edit: ironically this might be easier to do as a shell ejector- everything from the hammer forward is pretty much straight clone of the real thing and the hammer assembly is setup like (insert gas powered revolver)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've had an idea for a gun and I need you lot to tell me how doable you think it is. I want a green gas Winchester repeater so I'm thinking if you had the gas in the stock like a TM M870 and an integrated mid cap magazine in the magazine tube that you can load from the loading gate with a speedloader. Then you have the bolt and lever system like a normal single action gas gun and the trigger under the bolt with the trigger connected to the hammer and valve knocker behind the gas route through the grip. And you can have a rotary or tdc hop up. How doable do you think this would be?

Is this not how the A&K ones work then?

I think with the loading gate if there was a two part feed system that could work. If you had a midcap that came up to the loading gate to load into, then the loading gate could be a block with a feed tube up to the feed lips. 

Either that or I'm overcomplicating it and it'd be better just to load it by opening the bolt and loading them straight into the feed lips. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.