Cyma Svu

Thedadoodle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at buying the CYMA SVU. Does anyone know how upgradeable these are? looking at making it a DMR platform and want to build on it over time. Any recommendations to look at too would be appreciated.

link for specific RIFhttps://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/cyma-svu-bullpup-full-metal-cm057c-tan/

• Supporters

must admit i'm curious myself.

i presume it's gonna be a longer stroke cylinder (like an sr25), but internally the cyma stuff ain't too shabby.

hop unit might be a fun one, combat union make an svd hop unit although whether this is for the cyma pattern or some other variant i don't know, if it does fit the cyma then that'd yeild an aftermarket nozzle too.

i think (read: assume) @Asomodai will have picked one up in his quest to own all the bullpups so maybe he might have some more specific info.

tbh for a dmr platform, assuming it takes the combat union hop/nozzle i'd probably just change the piston head for the air seal, bump up the spring (although it might be pretty close from factory) and a new barrel/bucking/nub (probably my usual pdi/macaron/omega combo) and wire in a warfet (which will sort any sluggish response) then feed it some good .48's

Cheers for the response. Just not finding much online about it. I'll probably still pick it up and just find out the hard way haha. If I pick it up, I'll do a few updates about it. Might help someone out 

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Thedadoodle said:

Cheers for the response. Just not finding much online about it. I'll probably still pick it up and just find out the hard way haha. If I pick it up, I'll do a few updates about it. Might help someone out 

always the problem with the more niche guns.

i do hold that the dragonuv in general seems to be much less popular than it should be.

• Supporters

If you want to upgrade one to a DMR you may as well just by the one from Taiwan Gun and be done with it . The one they sell is doing 450 already AND a lot of the internals have already been upgraded specifically for TG(I have one of there own spec Cyma AKs and it really is out standing) and it’ll probably still be cheaper than buying a ‘bog standard’ one in the UK .👍

Also is Taiwan gun still having shipping issues? The real reason why I don't want to buy from there atm. Unless it's all sorted now.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Thedadoodle said:

Also is Taiwan gun still having shipping issues? The real reason why I don't want to buy from there atm. Unless it's all sorted now.

TaiwanGun are fine, UPS however...not so much. As TG are still insisting on using UPS I'd steer clear for a while yet.

Yeah, I was going to correct myself there. Shame that is the only option on delivery

So today is the day the trigger was pulled. I am now a proud owner of a CYMA SVU. Managed to find one second hand for a good price. Got hold of a 1.25 -5x Visionking sight. Got to admit, I thought I preferred it in tan until I got the scope attached.

Game day on the 9th and start seeing what work, if any needs doing.

20210430_190547.jpg

On 23/04/2021 at 10:31, Thedadoodle said:

We may have been lucky but me and some mates made an order 2 weeks ago and it arrived on Thursday with no fees or bother 

Were they still doing the minimum spend limit? Glad you got your stuff quick with no issues. I ended up going second hand for the SVU. I am actually glad I did, I honestly thought I preferred the tan variant of the RIF. After placing the scope on top, I really like how this thing looks. From what the guy that sold it me said, was that it was skirmished a couple of times, and he has left it stock. It is currently shooting .20 at approximately 280fps (These readings were really inconsistent and not sure I trust it....found the RIF wanted to double feed quite a bit during this also). I then went for .25 to chrono. Really glad I did this as, it was shooting around 250. Cant remember what exactly it was, but I know it deviated 2-3 fps higher or lower but at least it was a consistent reading and one I could trust. Doing this also eradicated the double feeding issue, not sure why (if anyone can help me with that I would be appreciative ). 

I have got it down to where I have got out the inner barrel and hop up out of its frame. Not touched a gear box or motor before so don't really want to go that far, So I think I am going to start looking at changing parts towards the end of this month. I am going to have a game with it on the 9th, should be a good laugh. I'll keep updating just in case this helps someone else also.

On 30/04/2021 at 19:18, Thedadoodle said:

So today is the day the trigger was pulled. I am now a proud owner of a CYMA SVU. Managed to find one second hand for a good price. Got hold of a 1.25 -5x Visionking sight. Got to admit, I thought I preferred it in tan until I got the scope attached.

Game day on the 9th and start seeing what work, if any needs doing.

20210430_190547.jpg

Looks awesome with that lpvo!

On 06/05/2021 at 08:54, Mad-Al said:

Looks awesome with that lpvo!

Thanks man, I was looking at buying the 3x Vortex but my mate steered me away from that and told me about Vision King. I took his recommendation and pulled the trigger. 1.25-5x magnification. This one has a German styled reticle. I think it was around £80 for the optics and £20 for the QD base plate. I think eventually I will grab a couple of Vortex, cant complain about that warranty haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.