Bull pup

DB100
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am new to airsoft, currently paintballing.

I am sure I will be an addict but, I am right handed but I shoot left handed, left eye dominant. Took a long time to learn to shoot lefty.

Now, guns wise I like the SA80 from ICS

Also the Ares Tar21

The Famas

AUG.??!!!

Others Are the Magpul ACR and the SCAR heavy.

Which do you think is best suited to a lefty, I love the look of the TAR but I have heard it is unreliable and Ares tend to break, please correct me if I am wrong.

I also really like the L85 SA80, who makes the best and is it any good for a lefty,I know that in airsoft, hot brass in the mush isn't a problem.

Of them all, if I could buy tomorrow and they were suitable, I would get either. The SA80 or the TAR.

Advice appreciated

AUG's are considered the most ambidextrous gun in the world after the P90 i think. SA80's people say are rubbish for lefty's but they aren't that bad i dont think, and Tar's, dont even go there...

• Supporters

Welcome.

The most left friendly out off those is the magpul Masada.

They are all usable, but some more than others.

The SA80 is regarded as bad because the real steel will smash you in the face with the charging handle.

Both of the two tar 21's are unless pieces of crap- you'd do better with a straw.

Unless you buy the we tech l85, an SA80 will be fine- ares make the best one.

• Supporters

'will be fine'

nope.

Mag release and selector are on the wrong side, and being bullpup, It is more awkward to change them/reload

out of those guns listed, avoid the SA80 and TAR's

AUG - Classic army are the best

FAMAS - TM are the one and only.

Magpul Masada, but if you want that, wait for a few months, (maybe 2) the AK lower reciever and full gun are being released and I can see either that one being better/more different (literally everyone owns a masada, Im getting sick of the things) or pushing the price of the current 'M4 configuration' down.

Welcome.

The most left friendly out off those is the magpul Masada.

They are all usable, but some more than others.

The SA80 is regarded as bad because the real steel will smash you in the face with the charging handle.

Both of the two tar 21's are unless pieces of crap- you'd do better with a straw.

Unless you buy the we tech l85, an SA80 will be fine- ares make the best one.

Why such a downer on the TAR, is this down to experience? Or hearsay?

Aron on the forums he will tell you if he sees this topic, oh and its ares :P

• Supporters

I've used the ares tar 21 which was crap, and the TSI one is a joke.... even if you can get one.

Should been thinking, as Dave said, l85 won't work, I was only taking into account the charging handle.

The best is the Masada imo,

Can't remember how lefty friendly the scar h is.

Just stay away from the tar21 and l85, the others are all ok for left handed people- I used to be a lefty too.

are people forgetting AUG's? Specifically Classic army pointed out by Dave?

are people forgetting AUG's? Specifically Classic army pointed out by Dave?

But it does have looks not even a mother could love. I am desperately trying to like it because it ticks all the boxes. But a bit like having a wife/girlfriend that no one else wants to have sex with, simply nothing worse than that ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You have also failed to mention the awesomeness of real sword for bull pups!

type 97

http://www.realsword.com.hk/gun_97.htm

type 97b (I love mine)

http://www.realsword.com.hk/gun_97b.htm

available from landwarrior in the Uk

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/

Archived