Scammers or Spammers ? Maybe Both πŸ€”

Tackle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Β 

56j4k9.jpg.1b4d385f39094483a318a547cd73b372.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

(tongue firmly in cheek by the way)

🀣that's brilliant πŸ‘Β 

(Having seen the film a few times I can literally "hear" the characters laughing at the crap we discuss 🀣)

The knowledge can be intimidating, yes, and yes I do have (self) medicated anxiety.Β 

There is also a really good reason why I am on this forum and not arnies.Β 

The rise and quick nature of social media also plays its part.Β 

Also my meme stash is clearly lackingΒ 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Β 

56j4k9.jpg.1b4d385f39094483a318a547cd73b372.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

(tongue firmly in cheek by the way)

One persons β€˜intimidation’ is the next persons normal mode of speech ! πŸ‘
Β 

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

The knowledge can be intimidating, yes, and yes I do have (self) medicated anxiety.Β 

All joking aside mate you want to knock β€˜self’ medication on the head sharpish , I myself(as have several other grumpy senior forum members) have spent time at the bottom of that particular black hole and self med’ing won’t help just makes it worse . There’s always another way back out of it . πŸ‘

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

All joking aside mate you want to knock β€˜self’ medication on the head sharpish , I myself(as have several other grumpy senior forum members) have spent time at the bottom of that particular black hole and self med’ing won’t help just makes it worse . There’s always another way back out of it . πŸ‘

Β 

As someone on "proper" meds for anxiety I echo @Druid799's sentiments entirely.

Β 

As for this place, know that our prickly demeanour and intimidating scowls come from a place of love. Well, mostly.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Β 

Β 

As someone on "proper" meds for anxiety I echo @Druid799's sentiments entirely.

Β 

As for this place, know that our prickly demeanour and intimidating scowls come from a place of love. Well, mostly.

Some days it’s only the pharmacology that gets me through it !
You speak for your self ! If I was a stick of rock andΒ you snapped me in half it’ll say β€˜heartless barstuard’ ! πŸ˜‰

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Some days it’s only the pharmacology that gets me through it !
You speak for your self ! If I was a stick of rock andΒ you snapped me in half it’ll say β€˜heartless barstuard’ ! πŸ˜‰

e497c50f-e69f-486e-b7b7-37f26442ab7b_text.gif.e9e1eb496e1b579fd7aaab1258bc7f99.gif

• Supporters

All I can say is, thank feck for Sertraline πŸ€—

Β 

d6f523bcdf1e43fe372b02a158576204.jpg

19 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Β 

Yeah and Amy's trip to the line πŸ˜‰

Fank you ever so please.

RegardsΒ 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

Β 

I just realised we could start a whole new dick measuring contest ! Never mind who’s gun costs the most , fires the furthest/fastest/most accurately. No none of them boring topics of one up manshipΒ , we could start a whole new one on β€˜what dose of sertraline your on ?’ !Β 
Just see it now β€œI’m so depressed myΒ Drs put me on 50mgs a day !”

next guyΒ β€œYou call that depression and anxiety ? I’m on 500mgs a day ya pussyΒ !” πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
🀣🀣🀣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I just realised we could start a whole new dick measuring contest ! Never mind who’s gun costs the most , fires the furthest/fastest/most accurately. No none of them boring topics of one up manshipΒ , we could start a whole new one on β€˜what dose of sertraline your on ?’ !Β 

next guyΒ β€œYou call that depression and anxiety ? I’m on 500mgs a day ya pussyΒ !” πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
🀣🀣🀣

Lol, if we're all on SSR's, a dick measuring contest is the last thing we need 🀣

x6yfwtg42p201.jpg

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

🀣🀣🀣

Β 

Β 

I remember having a discussion with someone at work about anxiety/depression meds and they said that I didn't seem like the sort of person that would need them. "Well that just proves they work then, doesn't it!" I said!

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Sertraline - Anywhere between 150 and 250 mg per day. Depending on how the day has progressed.

Β 

Least its not temazapam any more 🀣

Β 

Β 

Fuck temazapam

18 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Fuck temazapam

Agreed, but at the time ( 20 odd years ago, it was the only thing that worked.

Β 

Having not slept for 2 months, my GP at the time offered me a choice.

Β 

GetΒ sectioned or take temazapam.

Β 

So, Temazapam it was. Along with Diazapam when required.

Β 

These days thankfully, its just the Sertraline.

Agreed. Also if anyone is on faceache and is struggling there's a mental health support group for airsofters called Man Down which I've found helpful

Β 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2322408757979991/?ref=share

• Supporters

i must admit the ability of this forum to maintain civilized discussion/debate (even on potentially contentious issues) is a welcome break from the usual mess that makes up the internet.

Gawd help us if our leaders decide we all need airsoft licences.

Half of us would fail on mental health issues lolπŸ˜‰

πŸ€ͺπŸ’‰πŸ’₯

Regards

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i must admit the ability of this forum to maintain civilized discussion/debate (even on potentially contentious issues) is a welcome break from the usual mess that makes up the internet.

Β 

9 minutes ago, John_W said:

I spent three years on Citalopram. Sometimes the side effects were worse than the depression.Β 

Β 

IMG_1053.JPG

As the song says "the cure is worse than the disease"

RegardsΒ 

Counselling really worked for me, struggled for a long time after I got out and foundΒ off loading really helped,Β although I always struggled thinking that my problems were small and irrelevant to others.Β 
Β 

But seeing a counsellor made me see that actually my issues were important not only to me but others.Β 
Β 

I would alwaysΒ say to anyone struggling with their mental health is to reach out as there is always help even if it’s on a forum full of jaded old boomers 😜

Edited by GenuineGerman

• 4 months later...
On 20/04/2021 at 21:01, Tackle said:

Is it just me or does it seem like we've got loads of new members, most of whom seem content to tack nondescript comments on to lots of threads, but with no real value or knowledgeable input.

Β Obviously the biggest concern is scammers trying to appear legitimate by getting their post counts up, do we need more screening or restrictions on new members ?

Yeah the scammers are becoming a problem. i posted two adds this year and got a scammer all over it within a few hours. one somehow lacking the know how to operate a camera and a computer while the other seemingly thought i wouldnt check that he stolen and photoshopped the image of a "thing" he has to sell but will only go through email seriously? i hate been boxed in and having people message me through email.. who even still does this anyway? also why? its pretty annoying and extremely uncomfortable

Edited by Karinexmachina

On 20/04/2021 at 22:23, Misery said:

my pc was hacked recently uf theres been any odd postings fae me let me know please!

Get it right, your PC wasnt 'hacked' you clicked on something you shouldn't have.  😜

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.