Scammers or Spammers ? Maybe Both 🤔

Tackle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A genuine post count perhaps ? So you can’t bump your score simply by spamming every post left right AND centre . 

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Is it just me or does it seem like we've got loads of new members, most of whom seem content to tack nondescript comments on to lots of threads, but with no real value or knowledgeable input.

Obviously the biggest concern is scammers trying to appear legitimate by getting their post counts up, do we need more screening or restrictions on new members ?

Perhaps,maybe or just screw it tighter..........😉

• Supporters

i did wonder, didn't someone mention one of the fb groups getting nuked a while back? maybe folk are drifting in from there after finding this place on google?

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hey wait a min @Tackle just described me!! ☹

Yeah but at least you show some manners when spamming.

Regards 😜

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Yeah but at least you show some manners when spamming.

Regards 😜

Indeed. Thank you very much please.

Reg...doh!

😉

46 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i did wonder, didn't someone mention one of the fb groups getting nuked a while back? maybe folk are drifting in from there after finding this place on google?

my pc was hacked recently uf theres been any odd postings fae me let me know please!

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

my pc was hacked recently uf theres been any odd postings fae me let me know please!

can't say i've noticed anything odder than usual :P

6 minutes ago, MiK said:

/bump

:D

/irony

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

@Tackle, first off you lot (heavily established members of this forum) can be intimidating. There I said it, i'm not the most outgoing person, sure, i'd be the third to admit that 😉, what a number of new users (maybe) is finding their voice amongst you sages (grouches). Indeed, a number times i've read half a thread, formed my thoughts on it only to read those same thoughts on the next comment...it can be frustrating to be last inthe room.

I know that a core of us (you) users are sure to welcome everyone that posts in the 'new player' board and that is to be applauded. 

It could be these comments are just them adding their comment as if it were a FB post and thats how their are easing into the forum.

You can be cynical and correct, most of this is just me word vomiting trying to get my post count up, I have some stuff to sell.

Rega - damn now im doing it

Intimidating lol, we're pussycats 😹, try the arrse forum, they'd have Schwarzenegger crying into his milk 🥛 & cookies 🍪 .

seriously though, this is literally the most helpful forum, but nobody wants to spoon feed a lazy noob who won't use the search button, especially when they ask about "buying a ukara license" ffs🤣

Obviously the other thing that irritates us is scammers, who are always trying new tactics to get their foot in the door, thing is if we're ALL not on our guard, then they get their claws in to one or two new members, rinse them of a few hundred quid each & then disappear before word gets out, it's that simple.

example: Ben7, joined Friday, by this evening he had 15 posts up, not one indicated he knew feck all about Airsoft, just posts showing his agreement on things or expressing pleasant sentiment.

reported & now gone I believe, hopefully before he could do any harm........well done mods on acting on concerns raised, if this was Zin he'd go untouched for weeks, or longer, & woe betide anyone who tried to out him.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Is it just me or does it seem like we've got loads of new members, most of whom seem content to tack nondescript comments on to lots of threads, but with no real value or knowledgeable input.

Obviously the biggest concern is scammers trying to appear legitimate by getting their post counts up, do we need more screening or restrictions on new members ?

I'm only posting this to get my post count up

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Regards the Bold above social media has effected some more than others in terms of their ability to communicate successfully.  Playing devil's advocate here but how do you know if these people don't have a disability such as dyslexia for instance? or social anxiety? or is there a rule on this forum where it is stated that every comment must hold value and/or knowledgable input and who determines what is real value?  

do we need more screening or restrictions on new members ? - *Good luck with that*. Sorry I mean, yeah sure.  New users must post 2 posts with real value AND  knowledgeable input no less than two times per week in a period over 2 months and it's called UKAHAhaha

20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Guys, your doing it wrong.

If you want to bump your post count don't agree with people- start a massive argument

Like this Adolf?  It is unintentional but I have my reservations on others agreeing with me.

My View (not important as I have a low post count) is that this thread was made with good intentions but by doing so has also given them (scammers) full warning of how not to come across as a scammer.  Bravo.  👏

I would advise deleting this from the forum and discussing privately with the moderators.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Airsoft123 said:

Like this Adolf?  It is unintentional but I have my reservations on others agreeing with me.

Oh i was just taking the mickey at folk saying they were posting in the thread to boost their post count :P

Not that post count alone means much to me anyway, i tend to remember usernames (which is why i'm glad folk on here dont change them too often otherwise i'd be confused as shit).

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Airsoft123 said:

Regards the Bold above social media has effected some more than others in terms of their ability to communicate successfully.  Playing devil's advocate here but how do you know if these people don't have a disability such as dyslexia for instance? or social anxiety? or is there a rule on this forum where it is stated that every comment must hold value and/or knowledgable input and who determines what is real value?  

do we need more screening or restrictions on new members ? - *Good luck with that*. Sorry I mean, yeah sure.  New users must post 2 posts with real value AND  knowledgeable input no less than two times per week in a period over 2 months and it's called UKAHAhaha

My View (not important as I have a low post count) is that this thread was made with good intentions but by doing so has also given them (scammers) full warning of how not to come across as a scammer.  Bravo.  👏

i would advise deleting this from the forum and discussing privately with the moderators.

Think your way over analysing the whole thing OR to put it more in the style of this very forums ‘grumpy old members’

1CC9107C-6162-47B2-B82C-75E96D45AC11.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Guys, your doing it wrong.

If you want to bump your post count don't agree with people- start a massive argument

I disagree. I think agreeing with people is a great way to bump one's post count

Wait...

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Edited by Shamal

You can easily check by googling their first post content, you can find it word for word on seperate forums for completely different topics.

Edited by Brophy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.