Upgrades Krytac Kriss Vector

furgmister

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys I want to find out a few things so basically I want to get an extended inner barrel on the vector and I want to know if the ksv angry gun supressor will go on like the compensator and also if I got the shorter outter barrel will the supressor be able to mount the supressor on because the shorter outter from laylax does have tread on both side it's only for the inside and on top I also want to ask if a 11.1v 20c with a m130 spring is safe to use because I dont want to damage internals

1) I wouldn't bother with a longer inner barrel. You will notice very little difference. Spend your money on a better grade of hop rubber and get the arm modded to accept a matching bucking.
You will then reach out as far as an AEG's physics will allow it. My Vector was ranging both my Systema PTW and S-Hopped NGRS quite happily. 

2) I ran that battery with an M120 with a few coils removed to give myself exactly 350fps on 0.2s. So unless you are going to get this made into a DMR ( Why would you? ) an M130 ( depending on brand obviously ) might be too much. 
Adding additional stress and speed to any AEG is going to increase the chance of damage, but mine was fine. It essentially pot luck. The AEG will take it. But for how long, no one can say.

If you are wanting to run hot. It would be a good idea to get the entire gearbox looked at, nicely greased, correctly shimmed and rebuilt. Give it the best possible chance

5 hours ago, Groot said:

1) I wouldn't bother with a longer inner barrel. You will notice very little difference. Spend your money on a better grade of hop rubber and get the arm modded to accept a matching bucking.
You will then reach out as far as an AEG's physics will allow it. My Vector was ranging both my Systema PTW and S-Hopped NGRS quite happily. 

2) I ran that battery with an M120 with a few coils removed to give myself exactly 350fps on 0.2s. So unless you are going to get this made into a DMR ( Why would you? ) an M130 ( depending on brand obviously ) might be too much. 
Adding additional stress and speed to any AEG is going to increase the chance of damage, but mine was fine. It essentially pot luck. The AEG will take it. But for how long, no one can say.

If you are wanting to run hot. It would be a good idea to get the entire gearbox looked at, nicely greased, correctly shimmed and rebuilt. Give it the best possible chance

thanks for the response the reason I want to longer barrel is because it increases the vectors fps because I read that on a few forums now that spring dont do much but extending the barrel helps and also do you know anything about the supressor from angry gun?

3 minutes ago, furgmister said:

thanks for the response the reason I want to longer barrel is because it increases the vectors fps because I read that on a few forums now that spring dont do much but extending the barrel helps and also do you know anything about the supressor from angry gun?

A tight bore barrel might.. but how much FPS do you want? You are already planning a 130 spring. 

The Vector is lousy sniper / DMR platform. Since you can easily get to 1.1J with just a spring and a better air-seal from a hop rubber. A longer barrel is well pointless if you are just chasing FPS.

Not sure if you are new to Airsoft but FPS doesn't always equal range.

As I said. 

My Vector was stock internals bar the hop rubber and a cut down 120 spring. It was at the UK limit for a full auto AEG

You want to hit stuff, invest in what matters. That isn't the barrel.

4 hours ago, Groot said:

A tight bore barrel might.. but how much FPS do you want? You are already planning a 130 spring. 

The Vector is lousy sniper / DMR platform. Since you can easily get to 1.1J with just a spring and a better air-seal from a hop rubber. A longer barrel is well pointless if you are just chasing FPS.

Not sure if you are new to Airsoft but FPS doesn't always equal range.

As I said. 

My Vector was stock internals bar the hop rubber and a cut down 120 spring. It was at the UK limit for a full auto AEG

You want to hit stuff, invest in what matters. That isn't the barrel.

basically I heard on a few post that extended barrel help fps on the vector but only a tight bore and but reason I want more fps is because the vector is my only gun that ricochet when from small sticks on tree like all my mates have m4s or aks and they dont ricochet bc they have stronger guns obviously and I play privately so we dont have a fps cap

22 minutes ago, furgmister said:

I play privately so we dont have a fps cap

Doesn’t matter where, or even if, you play, the energy cap (fps or joules) is a legal requirement.

Go over that in a gun that shoots more than semi and you have an illegal section 5 firearm, minimum five years inside if you get caught

One key thing to note. If you are going to fit the ksv angry gun suppressor don't get the shorter outer barrel. The KSV is designed to go over this barrel and then held in place by a grub screw. It sounds terrible but seems to work OK. I have the 13 inch version fitted on mine.

Edited by Piman

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2021 at 20:55, rocketdogbert said:

Doesn’t matter where, or even if, you play, the energy cap (fps or joules) is a legal requirement.

Go over that in a gun that shoots more than semi and you have an illegal section 5 firearm, minimum five years inside if you get caught in ireland you can have a 5 joule gun and they would only care if its loaded during transport and if u try use that gun on a normal field

On 21/04/2021 at 11:00, Piman said:

One key thing to note. If you are going to fit the ksv angry gun suppressor don't get the shorter outer barrel. The KSV is designed to go over this barrel and then held in place by a grub screw. It sounds terrible but seems to work OK. I have the 13 inch version fitted on mine.

thank you finally someone told me that the supressor fit over and not just mounted on it thank you so much

On 21/04/2021 at 11:00, Piman said:

Exactly how the real steel fits

On 20/04/2021 at 20:32, furgmister said:

I play privately so we dont have a fps cap

Sounds painful/damn right dangerous to be one of your friends on the opposing team...

54 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Sounds painful/damn right dangerous to be one of your friends on the opposing team...

I had a couple of replies lined up which would have been helpful but damn, im not entertaining someone trying to up the FPS to an illegal limit to play in an unregulated way. Downright dangerous if you ask me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.