Beware If Buying From Novritch Now If You Live in UK

Nuttycapri

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ordered a gun fro them over 3 weeks ago. Asked them where it was and their answer was "  check with your customs, it's your job to contact them - you left the EU!!!!!!!!!!!.  So now its all our fault. This was follwed by a message," do you have a legal UKARA number? Of course I have, you asked for it before you would sell me the gun.

Customer Servie gets 0 out if 10. £500 out of pocket and still no gun 4 weeks later and a company that cant be bothered. You can see that from their reply on Trust pilot.

Edited by Nuttycapri
Spelling errors

"check with your customs, it's your job to contact them - you left the EU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did that actually say that word for word?  If so it's pretty bad.  What info did the tracking number give?  Who was the courier?

15 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

"check with your customs, it's your job to contact them - you left the EU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did that actually say that word for word?  If so it's pretty bad.  What info did the tracking number give?  Who was the courier?

Im guessing ups. Been dire from gunfire and taiwangun because of ups recently. 

• 2 months later...

I bought some camo gear from Novrisch and its been sitting in customs since 24 May.

To be fair they sent me a lengthy email with how to contact customs etc but it seems customs are a big black hole.

Parcelforce (who are the local courier who should be delivering this) are pretty much saying its out of their hands.

One of my friends just bought an SA80 from Europe and it got "lost" between  customs and the shipping company.

I guess I'd be wary of ordering anything you can't afford to lose at the moment and maybe let the local UK retailers take the risk of importing goods and customs.

To balance that  I've ordered a few small things from russia,  etsy (shipped from Ukraine)  ebay and aliexpress which arrived and had good updates and they arrived a reasonable time.

Has anyone had any success in chasing couriers down or customs when their goods have been stuck?

14 minutes ago, MarkieT said:

I bought some camo gear from Novrisch and its been sitting in customs since 24 May.

To be fair they sent me a lengthy email with how to contact customs etc but it seems customs are a big black hole.

Parcelforce (who are the local courier who should be delivering this) are pretty much saying its out of their hands.

One of my friends just bought an SA80 from Europe and it got "lost" between  customs and the shipping company.

I guess I'd be wary of ordering anything you can't afford to lose at the moment and maybe let the local UK retailers take the risk of importing goods and customs.

To balance that  I've ordered a few small things from russia,  etsy (shipped from Ukraine)  ebay and aliexpress which arrived and had good updates and they arrived a reasonable time.

Has anyone had any success in chasing couriers down or customs when their goods have been stuck?

There’s a hefty thread here on the situation for the last few months :

Note that in the original post of this thread Novritch is right - though  customs clearance is based on the declared information and any checks on the contents it is the importer who is responsible.

There can be a pot luck situation regarding which depots are involved, and whether you get stuck in a bottomless pit - you could have packages stuck in backlogs for months whilst more recent ones pass throuh.

There may also be an issue with one package holding up a batch 

On a positive note I ordered some additionall Russian uniform stuff on Monday from Russia   and it was supposed to arrive on Friday, but is coming today!

https://grey-shop.ru

Second time i've ordered from them and shipping and delivery has been lightning quick. One of my friends also ordered had the same experience.

Maybe they need to give lessons in completing customs declarations.

• Supporters
On 28/06/2021 at 12:43, MarkieT said:

Until it's in my hands, it's the seller's goods, and their problem, not mine.  I have no interest in how the seller sent it or what's happened to their item.  I certainly have no control over whether they put a UKARA number on it, or declared it honestly, which Border Farce seem to be picking up on now.

That said, I've been lucky up to now, and the one hiccup I've had was a stock that never even made it out of Chyna - easy enough for AliExpress to make the call in my favour when the seller didn't bother resending, refunding, or even letting me know.

I'd certainly agree with the statement about not ordering anything from anywhere outside the UK at the moment unless you can afford to lose it.  It seem like Border Farce have got a real throbber on for seizing anything even remotely assault-toy related being sent to individuals, legality or defences be damned.

I've also experienced the terrible customer service provided by the Novritsch team. They immediately blamed me for a part failing.

This is how it should be done. I ordered 4 x bags of BB's and 2 x Lipos from 308sniper.co.uk on a next day service. Only one bag of BB's and one battery was delivered today. Within two hours of my initial email reprting the issue, I received this:

Screenshot_20210701-214651__01__01.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• 1 month later...

Well i just check the status of my camo gear from Novritsch on the DHL/Parcelforce website and it now says that, as of today, customs are raising charges - so guessing I will get a letter soon with what i have to pay and then they'll release the goods.

It's taken since the 24th of May to get to this stage! 

I made two separate orders with novritsch in at the end of June, both over the £135 threshold and both didn't arrive within the first week but the first parcel that came via DHL arrived within 3 weeks and the other which was with UPS arrived 3 weeks later.  I did make at least 6 phone calls and emails to UPS as this parcel was "lost in transit" for 2 weeks.   I contacted novritsch and Jennifer was pretty helpful and she did all the leg work with ups and a few weeks later it arrived.   I wouldn't deter in from ordering from them unless I could buy the same items from uk. 

Edited by Oneshotscott

On 03/08/2021 at 17:00, Rogerborg said:

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

It was brought to my attention that FOB airsoft are flogging Nov rifs and parts in the UK at the moment.  No Flecktarn mankinis or whatever you ordered though.

https://www.ukfob.co.uk/Novritsch-Airsoft

That's my mates site. All of it was pretty much sold before it hit his website. Another order going in soon though I think. 

Hopefully the next one turns up first time. The last order went missing twice!!

I recently made an order from Novritsch, kept the order under £135 (I think it was around £94ish?) and it arrived within the week. Made the order on Tuesday, it arrived today.

I think I'm just going to keep all my overseas orders to under £135 as it's been serving me well buying from lots of different locations abroad. Hearing some of these horror stories? No thanks :P 

• Supporters

Did VAT get added on?  My vague understanding is that if it's under £135 then the seller has[*] to calculate and charge VAT and fork it over to HMRC, while at £135 and above they can say "That's your problem, best of luck".

[*] I say "has" to, but printing "VAT paid" on the label is not the same as paying VAT, and I rather wonder whether much or any of the VAT we're now paying on Ali Express is ever making it out of Chinaland.

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Did VAT get added on?  My vague understanding is that if it's under £135 then the seller has[*] to calculate and charge VAT and fork it over to HMRC, while at £135 and above they can say "That's your problem, best of luck".

[*] I say "has" to, but printing "VAT paid" on the label is not the same as paying VAT, and I rather wonder whether much or any of the VAT we're now paying on Ali Express is ever making it out of Chinaland.

No idea. The price didn't go up at checkout and I didn't get a letter telling me I had duties to pay, so I was content with that :D

I don't think I've ever noticed that from any retailer though. It's why I keep it under £135 because I can't be bothered to deal with all that malarky.

• 2 weeks later...

So i just ordered  another item from Novritsch last week, just a couple of small items worth 52 euros. I didn't need it in a hurry so was ok with it getting stuck in customs for 2 months. 

Low and behold it arrive today so it does appear to be pot lock or under a certain value (my previous order that got stuck was 300 euros).

• Supporters

Mmm, good to hear. I wonder if HMRC are just assuming that anything under the threshold that should have had VAT and duty paid at the point of sale has had it done, and they're only going for the big ticket shipments.

that or whats worth their time to do that work and charge for it...no point spending a hour on something that makes less than an hours wage money...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, remus said:

.no point spending a hour on something that makes less than an hours wage money

"Civil" "Service" though, but point taken, they'll have their targets just like any other low level footpads.

oh  i know from what ive learned working in partnership with certain departments it is very much a joke but i still like to think logically even though i dont expect them to do so

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Loads of folk, there's a massive backlog.

If you know what UK courier is going to be carrying it (e.g. UPS / Parcel Farce) you can try chasing them up, although that might be a somewhat Sisyphean task.

Best of luck.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.