Airsoft Forums UK

The Future of Airsoft Sites?

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Someone from my town is proposing a local airsoft site. Do you think the community is better off with more smaller local sites like this or are a few larger sites with higher player counts and bigger budgets? Personally I'd like to see more local sites with local communities. 

Yeah small local is good I think.  As long as they are well run.

Problem is that smaller sites will have fewer marshals and probably be rather bendy with the rules etc

• Supporters

I find small well run sites are so much better than the big impressive sites with the big bucks budget . My experience has been it’s the big ones that have more of a problem with ‘localism’ , don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the little sites don’t(couple of little poorly maintained ones I’ve been too where horrendous for it) but I found that face to face it was definitely the big ones had a worse problem than the small .

Location to me is kind of unimportant. I am driving 2hrs to my first game back tomorrow and that sorta of distance is a non issue. 
For weekend games, I have often travelled from Portsmouth to Yorkshire.

What matters to me is the quality and versatility of the site.
Then equally important is the kind of games they want to run and how they are managed. 

Small sites tend to be very limited in what you can do and the flanking options. So you tend to have a game of attrition and often one side will entirely dominate the day. 

Large sites, if not run well. Just end up a bit boring, as everyone sort of wonders around looking for something to do and / or a reason to hold a building/area.

Some of the Town Assault games at CHD are a good example of that. After 30mins of story, it was a case of .. Erm.. is this street at all important... why am i here... 

The best sites I have ever played in were Old army barracks with woodland around the outside.  Crickel, Catterick, Longmoor. 

To me, the ideal site would be a mixed urban with woodland around the outside. Sadly most sites like this get snapped up super quickly by housing. 

If you cannot properly flank, then for me the site is a bust. 

Also fuck speedsoft sites in their Dye mask asses. 

Edited by Groot
My spelling was fucking horrific

• Supporters

there needs to be both.

what's important is having an appropriate number for the size of the site, no use having 200 people on a site that gets crowded with 40, likewise no sense having 20 people running around never bumping into each other on a massive site.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.