Hpa

Shane0040

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Was being facetious !🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

yeah, it was a clever adjustment of the terminology for sure.

12 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

More than happy to get flamed to kingdom come for it, but I don't think the sexuality/gender/indentification is particularly appropriate. If you're genuinely confused by it, there are plenty of great resources to become better informed.

understandable, guess this is starting to stray into tricksy territory.

i suppose to clarify i was mostly exaggerating for the humour (as i assume was druid), when it comes to airsoft by the time everyone's decked up in camo, webbing, face pro etc you can barely tell the difference anyway and what folk get up to behind closed doors ain't my concern.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

understandable, guess this is starting to stray into tricksy territory.

i suppose to clarify i was mostly exaggerating for the humour (as i assume was druid), when it comes to airsoft by the time everyone's decked up in camo, webbing, face pro etc you can barely tell the difference anyway and what folk get up to behind closed doors ain't my concern.

I'd like to think I've got a good enough gauge of you both over my time on here to know there was no malice behind it, just felt like I needed to call out that it didn't feel appropriate. I'd hate for the contents of some of those messages be folks from LGBTQ+ communities first (and lasting) impression of how inclusive this forum is.

The fella throwing 'fags' around as an insult though? Yeah, long walk, short cliff.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I'd like to think I've got a good enough gauge of you both over my time on here to know there was no malice behind it, just felt like I needed to call out that it didn't feel appropriate. I'd hate for the contents of some of those messages be folks from LGBTQ+ communities first (and lasting) impression of how inclusive this forum is.

understandable, easy to get carried away sometimes.

always that disconnect between having the occasional chuckle at non-pc humour and your own heartfelt beliefs at the best of times, and the internet isn't the greatest for easily telling the difference, especially out of context.

19 hours ago, Kai said:

bunch of cry babys go fucking play milsim you fags 🤣 we run round with toy guns and shoot each other, get a life 🤣

Couple of things Kai;

cry is spelt Crye

Drop the homoerotic talk, there are many was to insult people without calling on homophobic troupes that make you look like a  boomer (sorry boomers).

• Supporters
22 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I dare say it's safe to say this thread has run its course, before we start (or continue) to dip into offending people (be that intentionally, or unintentionally).

More than happy to get flamed to kingdom come for it, but I don't think the sexuality/gender/indentification is particularly appropriate. If you're genuinely confused by it, there are plenty of great resources to become better informed.

Totally agree calling someone a fag is no longer acceptable, those days are gone and that kind of language and behaviour should no longer exist but you REALLY need to lighten up mate , when you start getting ‘offended’ by very slightly non PC humour your setting your self up to be ridiculed . What one person finds ‘offensive’ the next person may not , or even if someone may be incredibly offended by something yet the next person is far from offended by it . It’s all subjective , in the end when society as a whole and not just a small group decide something is no longer acceptable then it can be regulated not before . Freedom of speech in its purest form is offending someone but not attacking them . I’ll leave the final word to one of Britain’s greatest gay men that ever was .

9A2E232E-185E-47E4-A21D-E907420E8348.png

• Supporters

Ffs someone put this topic back track before the homophobes & Snowflakes unite in a mighty milsim based army that wants to take on the regular sensible NOT easily offended people that are here for the Bantz & Airsoft based wisdom 😏 

I think I have said it before "you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all the time" 

That's life as we know it Jim!

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Speling. Lol

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Totally agree calling someone a fag is no longer acceptable, those days are gone and that kind of language and behaviour should no longer exist but you REALLY need to lighten up mate , when you start getting ‘offended’ by very slightly non PC humour your setting your self up to be ridiculed . What one person finds ‘offensive’ the next person may not , or even if someone may be incredibly offended by something yet the next person is far from offended by it . It’s all subjective , in the end when society as a whole and not just a small group decide something is no longer acceptable then it can be regulated not before . Freedom of speech in its purest form is offending someone but not attacking them . I’ll leave the final word to one of Britain’s greatest gay men that ever was .

9A2E232E-185E-47E4-A21D-E907420E8348.png

Having read my initial post back I could have been clearer. The 'offensive' bit I was refering to was the phrase we agree is no longer acceptable. The dipping into the identification subject was, in my opinion, inappropriate and unneccesary within the topic of conversation. I felt the conversation was starting to go in an inappropriate direction, explained why, and left it at that. I was very concious of not pointing out that I was offended, and was simply raising that it may not reflect well. If you're happy to accept that it may not reflect well, and think the humour is worth it, then as you were.

I won't waste my time trying to convince anyone that they should consider what they think is humour could be offensive to others. I'm a straight white British male (as imagine the vast majority of the folks that make up this forum are), I'm/we're fortunate to not have to deal with that sort of stuff on a daily basis. As expected the term snowflake has now been thrown in there, so that's good.

I'm more than aware of the general demographic for airsoft, alongside the general demographic for forums so I can't say I'm surprised by the reaction of being challenged on it. I agree that it is all subjective, what isn't subjective is that if it hadn't been said at all then there would have been no risk of offending anyone.

I won't drag it out any further, I've said what I wanted to say and I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to give a reasoned response so I felt I should do the same.

I personally find any one that uses a homophobic Slur in this context disgraceful and further it doesn’t belong in today’s society. There is a fine line between humour and being offensive, what friends call each other in jest is another thing. 

I would love a hpa rif only because air is free. 

Hpa dmr all the way . So quiet and single fire only . 

It's the usual argument here of blame the equipment and tools not the users ..... 

Just play the game . Most sites do have rof and of people get caught they are told to single only 

U will always get the nobhead that mag dumps out of a bush with any gun he has 

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

you say that, but most places charge to refill a dive tank.

damn capitalists.......

Hi lift stirrup pump. Free air and cardiovascular work out. 😉👍

Regards 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hi lift stirrup pump. Free air and cardiovascular work out. 😉👍

Regards 

urgh, but that would require effort.

i didn't spend years trying to extract every last drop of practical range from my pews just so i'd have to expend energy pumping up an air tank or dodging return fire......

• Supporters

Fuck me wokeness has come to a thread on hpa 🙄

Hpa is no different to any other platform as all can be abused if someone chooses to be a dick/twat/unspecified gender sexual appendage procreation organ.

Biggest twats I have come across have been middle aged take it too seriously types and the best were a bunch of young lads who dressed like emo elfs running brightly coloured hose pipe guns. So goes to show you can never judge by prejudice but only by experience.

As for offending someone who really cares as in the current world it is almost a fashion statement to get offended by something that really means fuck all. Give them a reason to jump on a soapbox or wave a banner and you are making some delusional fuckwit with no real purpose in life's day.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

in my defence, still lockdown over here, no pewing till the 23rd :(

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Biggest twats I have come across have been middle aged take it to seriously types and the best were a bunch if young lads who dressed like emo elfs running brightly coloured hose pipe guns. So goes to show you can never judge by prejudice but only by experience.

always fun having a game where kids act like men and men act like kids.

29 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Hpa is no different to any other platform as all can be abused if someone chooses to be a dick/twat/unspecified gender sexual appendage procreation organ.

Biggest twats I have come across have been middle aged take it too seriously types and the best were a bunch of young lads who dressed like emo elfs running brightly coloured hose pipe guns. So goes to show you can never judge by prejudice but only by experience.

As for offending someone who really cares as in the current world it is almost a fashion statement to get offended by something that really means fuck all. Give them a reason to jump on a soapbox or wave a banner and you are making some delusional fuckwit with no real purpose in life's day.

Yeah agree. Pack it in you naughty forty twats. Either get younger or get older or get out! 🤭 😉

Trigger happy told me to say that.... lol

Regards 

On 17/04/2021 at 20:43, alxndrhll said:

The fella throwing 'fags' around as an insult though? Yeah, long walk, short cliff.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.