Hpa

Shane0040

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I'm looking at my HPA VSR and wondering how it's so bad. Sure, it's really quiet and the bolt pull is effortless, but getting a high ROF out of it is proving to be quite the challenge. What am I doing wrong? :(

you're meant to chrono it at 2.5j on .2g, then put .5g bb's in it joule creeping up to 3.5j, then adjust the reg after chrono to get you to 4.8j and only engage inside MED

because everyone that runs hpa does those things dontyaknow

i have to say i agree that there is no need for a gun to have a mini-gun level ROF (unless its actually a mini-gun)  regardless of HPA/AEG etc...

that said, banning HPA is the wrong way to sort the issue...    my tippmann is HPA, and while i can turn up the ROF, i abide by the number 1 rule in airsoft (dont be a dick) and leave the ROF at a realistic level. i have no idea how high i can turn it up, nor do i have any intentionof finding out.

as has been said above, the issue isnt the kit, its the dick using a high ROF HPA setup to hose someone.

the only way (i believe) to resolve the issue is to have chrono stations also check the ROF on HPA and DSG guns and having a ban on binary triggers that allow people to bypass single shot limits, especially at CQB sites where they are often implemented for safety or game balance reasons 

19 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

i have to say i agree that there is no need for a gun to have a mini-gun level ROF (unless its actually a mini-gun)  regardless of HPA/AEG etc...

that said, banning HPA is the wrong way to sort the issue...    my tippmann is HPA, and while i can turn up the ROF, i abide by the number 1 rule in airsoft (dont be a dick) and leave the ROF at a realistic level. i have no idea how high i can turn it up, nor do i have any intentionof finding out.

as has been said above, the issue isnt the kit, its the dick using a high ROF HPA setup to hose someone.

the only way (i believe) to resolve the issue is to have chrono stations also check the ROF on HPA and DSG guns and having a ban on binary triggers that allow people to bypass single shot limits, especially at CQB sites where they are often implemented for safety or game balance reasons 

What he said 👆

Edited by EDcase

I'd also say, @Skara aside, this forum isn't really the place the moan about folks being clowns with their RIFs. And Skara is far enough away that we don't have deal with his 'you're all pussies' antics on the field :P.

Folks that tend to frequent here all sing from the same hymn sheet in the grand scheme of 'twats are twats, and will be twats with whatever toy they're using'.

More than within your right to find the hose and tank harms your personal immersion, but enforcing your preference on others only serves to put further barriers on what is already niche hobby. That latter of those statements doesn't exist to devalue your opinion, it simply runs parallel to it. It's a shame your work around is to limit the sites you attend, but I'm glad you've seemingly found a 'solution' that works for you.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

ban on binary triggers

can't speak for the other brands, but the polarstar fcu doesn't have a facility for a binary trigger.

it does however have a facility for limiting the semi-auto rate of fire......

• Supporters

Just saying ?

629BA961-D5BA-441C-83F7-DCE2F20E969E.jpeg

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Just saying ?

you are right of course.

but it's fun to have a rant every now and then, and if we clear up some misconceptions while we're at it then that's worth the while?

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, EDcase said:

What misconceptions ???? 🤨

for starters that hpa's have binary triggers, can't account wolverine and redline solenoid systems but the mechanical and polarstar systems don't.

also that all hpa users are cnuts, because they aren't......

to add to the list lets address the 3 main arguments that tend to get levied against hpa:

high rof- just have an rof site limit- the hpa guys can turn their guns down, not so easy for a dsg build without a fancy mosfet......

joule creep- chrono on joules, gbbr's and heavy piston'd boltys have the same problem, also if i had a penny for every site that didn't chrono green gas pistols.......

reg twiddling- a lot of hpa regs can be tournament locked, the qc spring on a scorpion evo (other qc spring guns are available) can't, jus' sayin.......

It is true that all types of players can be dickheads , in my experience how ever most have a dangly lead and a compressed air container 

Well in my experience I've only come across one or two dickheads...using HPA.  Now ARP9 users, i've come across quite a few of those acting like dickheads as well...should we ban ARP9's?  just saying...  (few of my mates run ARP9's..and they ain't dicks)

We get it...  You don't like HPA users, but why complain about it on a forum?

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Well in my experience I've only come across one or two dickheads...using HPA.  Now ARP9 users, i've come across quite a few of those acting like dickheads as well...should we ban ARP9's?  just saying...  (few of my mates run ARP9's..and they ain't dicks)

We get it...  You don't like HPA users, but why complain about it on a forum?

Please see my previous post for an answer ? 😁

• Supporters

11B8850F-F678-49F2-BFD4-301444D360C9.thumb.jpeg.2a2ed8b16dcb940dc8ea46b877b5bbf3.jpegEvolution of the HPA player ; 65B1AEF3-7945-4359-AD00-7DAA0C10306F.thumb.jpeg.768ad852492eafc1a9b6107929bb2c5b.jpeg

You do realise that dickish behaviour is caused by the flesh coloured squishy bit, rather than whatever powers the rif? 

Edited by Cannonfodder

10 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I'd also say, @Skara aside, this forum isn't really the place the moan about folks being clowns with their RIFs. And Skara is far enough away that we don't have deal with his 'you're all pussies' antics on the field :P.

I might be lying about being in Italy :P

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for starters that hpa's have binary triggers 

If there not binary triggers then are they trans triggers ? 🤔 asking for a confused friend .

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

If there not binary triggers then are they trans triggers ? 🤔 asking for a confused friend .

isn't that most triggers are non-binary aka trans?

and of course bullpup triggers are gender fluid, unless they're 2-stage which is bisexual

i think.

i mean i lost the track of this somewhere around 2011.....

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't that most triggers are non-binary aka trans?

and of course bullpup triggers are gender fluid, unless they're 2-stage which is bisexual

i think.

i mean i lost the track of this somewhere around 2011.....

I always thought ‘Gender fluid’ referred to what makes babies , I’m not so sure now ?😳

47 minutes ago, Kai said:

bunch of cry babys go fucking play milsim you fags 🤣 we run round with toy guns and shoot each other, get a life 🤣

Ahh yes this old nut shell ! It’s up there with “man up !” And “necro post !” Two of the oldest and stalest retorts in the sport ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I always thought ‘Gender fluid’ referred to what makes babies , I’m not so sure now ?😳

i think it means you're either a male, female, both, or neither depending on how you feel at any given moment.

but then my source for this was trolling the character creation in south park tfbh so probably mildly innaccurate.....

1 hour ago, Kai said:

bunch of cry babys go fucking play milsim you fags 🤣 we run round with toy guns and shoot each other, get a life 🤣

Wot? Have I missed something?

Typical. Go off for a days fun and come back and all hells broken loose lol

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i think it means you're either a male, female, both, or neither depending on how you feel at any given moment.

Was being facetious !🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

I dare say it's safe to say this thread has run its course, before we start (or continue) to dip into offending people (be that intentionally, or unintentionally).

More than happy to get flamed to kingdom come for it, but I don't think the sexuality/gender/indentification is particularly appropriate. If you're genuinely confused by it, there are plenty of great resources to become better informed.

Edited by alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.