Hpa

Shane0040

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hpa is ruining airsoft ,it takes no skill to fire 20 rounds plus a second ,i dont go to sites that allow it anymore ,its much better gaming without hpa

I hate high rof guns.  It would be SOOooo..... much better if they fired at the correct rate for the particular gun they're modelled after.

Not going to happen though 😥

Edited by EDcase

Nothing wrong with HPA its all about implementation, i know people who run HPA for consitancy and to easily tune power on the day but have there ROF set to civilised levels and a lot of people i have seen use them in snipers as well.

HPA is no worse than a DSG build both can be fine if implemented with a polite ROF and are used responsibly.

Dont blame the tech blame the wankers hosing people using it.

31 minutes ago, Shane0040 said:

if realism wasnt a concern for hpa users ,go play paintball

I think someone wants to reduce the value of used HPA rigs. Look out for a wanted ad soon 🤣

3 hours ago, Shane0040 said:

hpa is ruining airsoft ,it takes no skill to fire 20 rounds plus a second ,i dont go to sites that allow it anymore ,its much better gaming without hpa

HPA is a piece of shit and should be banned. Most sites do not test for ROF at all and there is zero need for that sorta ability to spam a player with 20 bb in one burst. 

Even on single fire its an advantage. Since they can easily fit binary triggers and go crazy. Removing the whole point of the single shot rules in the first place. ( Which i still think are dumb ) 

If you need a back pack to run your gun and its not a minigun. It has no place in airsoft. 

Edited by Groot

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Rule 1. Every time you lose a gun fight it's only because they somehow have the better gnu.

by that logic a stock s&t ppsh41 running on 8.4v nimh is a far superior gnu to a cqb m4 running a fusion engine, maxx hop unit, pdi barrel and carbon fibre handguard......

or, y'know, the other dude is a better cqb player than me :P

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

HPA is a piece of shit and should be banned. Most sites do not test for ROF at all and there is zero need for that sorta ability to spam a player with 20 bb in one burst. 

Even on single fire its an advantage. Since they can easily fit binary triggers and go crazy. Removing the whole point of the single shot rules in the first place. ( Which i still think are dumb ) 

you do realise you can literally do all that with an aeg?

hell i'm about 2 minutes of mosfet programming away from getting my akm to do that......

7 minutes ago, Groot said:

If you need a back pack to run your gun and its not a minigun. It has no place in airsoft. 

genuine question - i quite want to hpa an lmg for the sake of longevity. i don't want to upset anyone (as a rule of thumb anyway, i do reserve the right!) and its only worth having a ROF as fast as the boxmag can feed after all. would you be ok with that? 

i do agree 100% that the single shot rule is counter productive though

thanks

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

by that logic a stock s&t ppsh41 running on 8.4v nimh is a far superior gnu to a cqb m4 running a fusion engine, maxx hop unit, pdi barrel and carbon fibre handguard......

or, y'know, the other dude is a better cqb player than me :P

you do realise you can literally do all that with an aeg?

hell i'm about 2 minutes of mosfet programming away from getting my akm to do that......

Fair but it is more work to produce an AEG be able to spam the same as a HPA. Reassuringly an AEG of that spec will last a very short amount of time between gearbox explosions. 

I’m not an HPA fan after being on the end of one a couple of years back.  I like RIF’s to have a realistic ROF, but that is just my opinion.  I do remember getting that guy back by emptying a bag of crappy BB’s over his head (blunderbus style with a tube) - was funny at the time, but made my point - no skill needed...

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Groot said:

Fair but it is more work to produce an AEG be able to spam the same as a HPA. Reassuringly an AEG of that spec will last a very short amount of time between gearbox explosions. 

taking the "20 rps" figure that's being used in this thread as the benchmark it's not that hard.

granted you double that number and it's very much a different story.

i can understand the type of character who pissed off the op, and yourself, but not every hpa player is like this, hell the single best game of airsoft i've ever played with immaculate sportsmanship all round there was only 1 player not running an airline......

you can be a cnut with almost anything in this hobby, blaming a specific platform is addressing the wrong issue.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you can be a cnut with almost anything in this hobby, blaming a specific platform is addressing the wrong issue.

100% agreed. There's enough people magdumping AEGs with an itchy trigger finger, HPA gets the bad rap because it's 'easier' to setup (though even then enough people get it installed by techs). At the end of the day you ban HPA you're getting rid of tapped mags for GBB, kits for snipers, Daytona setups, purely mechanical boxes like PDIK and Kythera which don't cause the issue. Even if you did ban it then the people who want to play stupidly hard and fast just to cause pain pay a tech to setup a DSG and you're back with the same issue 🤷‍♂️

Get people on the chrono to start looking at joules to stop the energy creepage and instead of moaning on a forum talk to your marshalls, at any reasonable site they'll be keeping an eye on the player and step in if they break rule number 1 - "don't be a dick".

Edited by Shaydee

Just going to wade in here...

I have an HPA set up. It’s rate of fire is exactly the same as when I was putting regular gas mags in my Hi-Capa.

Ive also got two DSG AEGs that offer up high 30’s on auto but they’re locked to burst fire and semi

It sounds like the problem at your site isn’t with the kit but with the user. 

Rule 1.) Don’t be a dick to other players

Edited by Alimcd

I was setting the auto on my MTW the other day and the standard Auto rof was ridiculous, and I can also increase it to insane levels by stepping it up in programming mode.

I'm usually single fire on all my guns (AEG/HPA)  Auto/Burst when necessary - 

I've set the auto on the MTW to a more sensible level for field play, coz there is no need to be a Wanker!

:)

Edited by Monkman

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

It sounds like the problem at your site isn’t with the kit but with the user. 

Rule 1.) Don’t be a dick to other players

100% this.

I'm looking at my HPA VSR and wondering how it's so bad. Sure, it's really quiet and the bolt pull is effortless, but getting a high ROF out of it is proving to be quite the challenge. What am I doing wrong? :(

1 minute ago, Impulse said:

I'm looking at my HPA VSR and wondering how it's so bad. Sure, it's really quiet and the bolt pull is effortless, but getting a high ROF out of it is proving to be quite the challenge. What am I doing wrong? :(

Modding the bolt to being straight pull will get you there 😅.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.