Tm Mp5 NGRS on Horizon?

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Firesupport are actually cheaper; £459

Slightly longer wait for Firesupport

CAMOraids are saying a week after release

Firesupport are saying mid to late september

8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

More than likely yes..... although I'm happy to wait on some real reviews first... 

You've got a few now, is it the recoil element which attracts you or Marui quality?

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

You've got a few now, is it the recoil element which attracts you or Marui quality?

For me its both, I like the build quality, the recoil, the out the box performance.

Ive had, AK102, CQBR, SCAR L, SCAR H, DELTA, AK47, MP7, really enjoyed them all. I've had plenty of other non TM brands which were great but I do like TM

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I think it's a bit of everything. I have a KWA-made recoil system which has been excellent, but I love TM's approach to authenticity, in a form of bolt catch/release action, as well as cycling, which looks and sounds awesome. Most of the sound signature of any given rifle is produced by the cycling action of the bolt and to me, that makes all the difference.

Add in TM's legendary quality and support to the package and you have a weapon that is out-of-the-box ready for a skirmish.

That said, I was never a fan of MP5 (sue me :P), however MP7 is a different talking point for an SMG. I might get one someday.

13 hours ago, JamesWills said:

Slightly longer wait for Firesupport

CAMOraids are saying a week after release

Firesupport are saying mid to late september

Depends how quick you want it I guess!

23 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I think a few of the chaps above have answered your question :) 

I do have a few TM's, probably more than I need to be honest, and I will be slimming down my collection so selling off my SOPMOD and my 416D when I get my finger out...They will pay for the MP5 so I'll recycle the money I have invested.  But going back to TM's they just work out of the box and a stock TM will easily chuck a 0.28g 50-55m with good groupings. And swap out the spring guide and wallop 5-10fps increase! and if you are feeling brave then a TB barrel and a purple prommy hop and you are looking at another 5-10 fps... I do own a Systema PTW too though and that outguns my upgraded TM's marginally I guess...

20 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Depends how quick you want it I guess!

TM's tend to come into the country by one importer and then they are divided up between the UK retailers according to their stock allocation so I expect all UK retailers will get them at the same time.. But CAMO may have an alternative source so it's anyones guess...

Edited by AlphaBear

On 05/08/2021 at 08:38, AlphaBear said:

TM's tend to come into the country by one importer and then they are divided up between the UK retailers according to their stock allocation so I expect all UK retailers will get them at the same time..

Not true.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, tinkle60 said:

Not true.

Evidence to counter what @AlphaBear said ? Nothing personal but just saying “not true” is hardly a 100% totally reliable and ‘convincing’ argument now is it . Savvy ? 

On 06/08/2021 at 22:59, Druid799 said:

Evidence to counter what @AlphaBear said ? Nothing personal but just saying “not true” is hardly a 100% totally reliable and ‘convincing’ argument now is it . Savvy ? 

I used to work for a retailer and handled all imports including TM products from Japan. We didn't share or divide up our stock.

I know of 5 other retailers from first hand conversations who also import their own stock and 1 more from their social media posts. There's likely to be more.

Edited by tinkle60
Typo

• Supporters
9 hours ago, tinkle60 said:

I used to work for a retailer and handled all imports including TM products from Japan. We didn't share or divide up our stock.

I know of 5 other retailers from first hand conversations who also import their own stock and 1 more from their social media posts. There's likely to be more.

See that wasn’t hard , and now from these 4 lines of text you’ve risen high like a soaring duck in to the minuscule number of group members who actually know what their talking about . 👍
AND not talking a load of old bollox like the rest of us ! 😳

cheers bud .😁

• Supporters
On 09/08/2021 at 01:50, tinkle60 said:

Who’d you work for bud ? Would be interesting to know from an end users perspective of what you thought of the uk industry as a whole . 👍

I have no idea what MachSakai is saying, but he has the expression of someone who is thoroughly loving magdumping that MP5. Which bodes well.

You're right about the other guy though.

Having watched some more videos, including this one, it looks like the handguard attachment method is different, which is a shame.

mp5-handguard.PNG.573cc45c95e1ec842fbd98507aea20ed.PNG

I guess they've done it to make sure there's enough battery space. Maybe you could get creative with the cutting, but it's a shame that it's proprietary. If you've got a flashlight or railed handguard already it won't fit, regardless of if it's an old MP5 version or a real steel. :(

Expect more accessories further down the line...

Edited by Hatchet
added info

18 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Having watched some more videos, including this one, it looks like the handguard attachment method is different, which is a shame.

mp5-handguard.PNG.573cc45c95e1ec842fbd98507aea20ed.PNG

I guess they've done it to make sure there's enough battery space. Maybe you could get creative with the cutting, but it's a shame that it's proprietary. If you've got a flashlight or railed handguard already it won't fit, regardless of if it's an old MP5 version or a real steel. :(

Expect more accessories further down the line...

That is a shame... definitely hoping someone can come up with an SD Kit for one instead.... (always loved the SD6)

otherwise I was going to go for the railed approach which looks like it may be a bit more of a challenge.

I was hoping to slap a magpul handguard on mine, hoping it would be drop in as it’s RS spec…oh well.

Very few airsoft claw mounts fit either, so hoping RS mounts will.

22 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

I was hoping to slap a magpul handguard on mine, hoping it would be drop in as it’s RS spec…oh well.

Very few airsoft claw mounts fit either, so hoping RS mounts will.

I think that was what madaysan gaming (three posts above) Suggested in his video regarding the RS claw mounts. but i guess we'll see. not long until they should be in the UK anyway

3 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

That is a shame... definitely hoping someone can come up with an SD Kit for one instead.... (always loved the SD6)

otherwise I was going to go for the railed approach which looks like it may be a bit more of a challenge.

I would not be surprised to see a Laylax or AngryGun kit out by december for fixed stocks, SD front ends and RAS systems

It's inconceivable that TM won't do an SD version at some point. Whether or not you'll be able to get a kit before then depends on how modular the front end is I suppose.

As yet I haven't seen any videos indicating if existing (or real steel) stocks will fit, which would also be handy to know. 

Here’s a review of the break down of the MP5. They say a picture speaks a 1000 words. In this case that ain’t far from the truth 😂

https://blog.evolutor.net/2021/08/19/tokyomarui-next-generation-aeg-mp5a5-disassembly/?fbclid=IwAR3z6LNM4Cuj7SVZC42y68vJv9JbMFLuxvUmtG0iAA_kwyVuJxqSecTY4bI

That looks like a useful resource, but I am not filled with enthusiasm about ever having to work on one. If you're using Chrome, Google does a good job on the auto-translation which helps a lot more with making sense of it.

It’s the first breakdown material I’ve seen and it’s pretty detailed at that. I’ll use chrome later and translate it. good shout!!

What’s interesting is the blowback mechanism is kinda similar to that of the SCAR which makes sense I guess. However by doing that, have Marui been forced to have different dimensions to the real thing? And more importantly how robust is that HK slap gonna be!!

The electronics/mosfet will be a point of curiosity. Can you program anything etc? And that hop with all that Marui magic? How good is it? I’m sure it will be spot on but time will tell. 

All good stuff though :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.