Tm Mp5 NGRS on Horizon?

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

You all got it wrong.... it will come free with a packet of cornflakes.... but not just any cornflakes these will be Marui cornflakes 😂

Yum yum 😛

• Supporters

Yes but where’s the Next Gen M14 !?!?!?🤬

I kinda want to see what the electronics will be like.

Just rewatching the Youtube video and there are translations available now, which is worth a look if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Here's my interpretation of YouTube's autotranslate.

• Original TM MP5 released in 1992
  • NGRS weighs 3.1kg, close to real weight (standard 1.9kg)
  • Not sure on the frame, maybe die cast with some aluminium (trying to avoid front heavy)
  • Furniture is all FRP
  • Talks more technically about the paintwork,
  • Magazine construction - how the hicaps are welded differently to lowcaps and will be cheaper. Mags are proprietary
  • Fact that this is based on a 90's build MP5 rather than current
  • Doesn't have 14mm threads, but a 3 lug adapter with a 14mm ccw thread is included so you can then mount whatever to it.
  • New fire select system - magnetic with mosfet & FCU fitted. Voltage regulation and jam detection. Active braking based on sector gear detection. Auto-sleep to avoid battery drain.
  • 300g recoil weight.
  • Marui man loves the HK slap.
  • 2 position stock, with very little wobble.
  • Hop unit is behind ejection port (which reciprocates during firing)
  • Method of attaching handguard is the same as the real MP5! (so no wobble and maybe opens options to use real parts)
  • Release in summer, price still undecided.

On 30/04/2021 at 22:12, AlphaBear said:

You all got it wrong.... it will come free with a packet of cornflakes.... but not just any cornflakes these will be Marui cornflakes 😂

Don't open the box though.. you'll lose the flavour. 🤣

Still got a three point sling and an old flat webbing loop ready to go 

Hopefully an aftermarket torch handguard will complete the look for me 

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

Interesting.

Price seems to be 59,800 - £388, but then I guess there's all the usual fees, etc.

Basing that on this video at 36 min. No auto translate yet so I didn't get a lot else, but there was a lot of talk about the battery.

Auto-translate now available on this, so I watched it again although it was a lot harder to follow this time. As best I can tell -

• Handguard mounts the same way as the real one.
  • Will work with standard nimh batteries (looks like 8.4v mini).
  • Marui are releasing their own Lipo, which will work with this but won't be available for another 6 months or so.
  • There's some sort of proprietary connector in place that the lipo will plug into (but the MP5 comes with a converter as standard so you can use NIMH now and then the lipo later).
  • Looks like the idea of the proprietary connector is safety so presumably it'll be directly monitoring cell voltage or something through the connector.
  • The price we already knew - 59,800, which is exactly the same as the SCAR L (which seem to be around £430 - £460 over here depending on model/colour)

• 1 month later...

Finally a release date on this now the 18th of August in Japan will probably be in the UK end of August start of September

Also prices for the mags seems like it will be around the £30 a mag mark judging from the Eagle6 website

May be an image of text

2 hours ago, JamesWills said:

Finally a release date on this now the 18th of August in Japan will probably be in the UK end of August start of September

Also prices for the mags seems like it will be around the £30 a mag mark judging from the Eagle6 website

May be an image of text

Hmmm this is way too temping…

Camoraid seems to have the best price that I've seen £479 seems very reasonable 

• Asomodai changed the title to Tm Mp5 NGRS on Horizon?
18 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Same price as fire support. 
Expected mid to late Sept. 

You getting one?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.