Tm Mp5 NGRS on Horizon?

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It might be happening.

20210416_095105.thumb.jpg.e79611ef889a595971b6a6f4ad2d5ec7.jpg

Or its just a Boy version. 😉

Looks like they are releasing another updated Glock as well.

Edited by Asomodai

It's the 16th April isn't it, not the 1st? Just checking...

I can't see it on TM's site, annoyingly. However, I'm kind of undecided which I'd prefer. Probably a recoil, but I'm kind of expecting a GBB.  The original AEG MP5 is so old now.

I'm also reading far too much into a grainy picture, but that polymer grip looks way nicer than the old shiny ABS.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I can't see it on TM's site, annoyingly. However, I'm kind of undecided which I'd prefer. Probably a recoil

are you saying you don't want a gbbr that lets you hk-slap every 30 rounds.......

Well now, I don't know that I'm saying that. I mean, a dirty little MP5k GBB? Tempting...

I'm just thinking that, for me, if I had to pick just one then it's probably going to be the NGRS because... gas mags, full auto, winter, etc.

If I had a local that was all kill house then expect a very different set of priorities...

If this is a NGRS mp5, I know what's going at the top of the list of "guns I want to buy" as I've been looking at getting an mp5 to run alongside my bolt action. Was looking at cyma for a budget option, as the old TM mp5s are a bit dated, but if they're going to bring this out, it'd be perfect. GBBR would be nice, but with the UK climate I just don't want to have to deal with that gas inconsistency and winter performance.

If it is an NGRS, I don't even care about TM power at 0.7J or whatever it will ship as, since it will be a secondary weapon for close range firefights. Oh why did you have to show me this, now I want to know more!!! 🤣

As much as I’m only interested in GBBR’s I’d rather this was an NGRS. While it’ll shoot amazing, TM’s plastics are shit compared to VFC or WE nylon fibre. Just watched the TM video where he says the new AKM gbbr is die cast zinc, and those subcompact NBB things have fixed hop and about 5m range... they need to get their shit together 

27 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

As much as I’m only interested in GBBR’s I’d rather this was an NGRS. While it’ll shoot amazing, TM’s plastics are shit compared to VFC or WE nylon fibre. Just watched the TM video where he says the new AKM gbbr is die cast zinc, and those subcompact NBB things have fixed hop and about 5m range... they need to get their shit together 

Because of Japanese gun laws.  I have to admit the decision to make a GBBR AKM puzzled me given that GHK AKs are so solid.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Because of Japanese gun laws.  I have to admit the decision to make a GBBR AKM puzzled me given that GHK AKs are so solid.

indeed, anyone investing in a gbb akm is gonna want a proper steel reciever, afaik even WE got the memo on that one......

the m4 i suppose they can get away with because it's a popular platform and meant to be made of aluminium anyway.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Tokyo Marui only cares about the Japanese market 

Of course. They don’t export anything, all TM kit taken out of Japan is grey export, by unofficial re-sellers

My guess is it’s going to be a NGRS MP5. As much as I would love a GBBR version it would represent a significant step forward in their GBBR release schedule.

58 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

My guess is it’s going to be a NGRS MP5. As much as I would love a GBBR version it would represent a significant step forward in their GBBR release schedule.

My thoughts exactly. They have been teasing their AKM GBBR for a long time.  A NGRS MP5 line has a lot of possible models.  

I actually think it may be a GBBR, I imagine it wouldnt take much to scale the TM MP7 system to MP5 and go from there.

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I actually think it may be a GBBR, I imagine it wouldnt take much to scale the TM MP7 system to MP5 and go from there.

Not really You would need a completely different bolt assembly and trigger group.

57 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Not really You would need a completely different bolt assembly and trigger group.

I was more referring to the underlying system being able to be modified which is what I imagine they have done with the ZET system on the MWS for the AKM.

• Asomodai changed the title to Tm Mp5 NGRS on Horizon?
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.