Sixmm.Com Review

Mad-Al

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Update.

Credit where it’s due. Sixmm have given me a full refund and didn’t ask for the suppressor back. All comms were via WhatsApp and were answered within 48hrs. One message stated that the WhatsApp account was a business one and all queries would be answered within 48hrs so they were true to their word. How much of this was down to me putting in a dispute with PayPal and how much was due to them sorting out their customer services I don’t know. But, a good outcome for me, so happy days.

• 4 weeks later...

Necro post I know. I ordered from Sixmm in May. After an adequate period with no item, I escalated to a dispute with PayPal and eventually they found in my favor. I will not deal with Simm airsoft (or off shoots) again, and I would say order from them at your own risk.

Edited by DJsnipe
Correct spelling

• Supporters
On 14/07/2021 at 14:52, Super64 said:

How much of this was down to me putting in a dispute with PayPal

4 hours ago, DJsnipe said:

I escalated to a dispute with PayPal

<just-do-it.gif>

• 9 months later...

I've currently had 2 orders with SixMM and a 3rd on the way, totalling to about £1000.

They take a few weeks to just send the order - and it seems a bit of a roulette from there. Thankfully, they mark the value as low on the packages, so I didn't have to pay anything extra upon arrival to the UK and it slipped straight through customs.

1st order:

Messaged them beforehand to ask if a particular item was in stock. Bought it, turns out it actually wasn't. That delayed the order by a month. Order eventually arrived and was mostly right, except they sent a standard curved trigger instead of the flat trigger I ordered. Sent them a WhatsApp message & they asked if I'd be okay to pay another $40 for the flat trigger which I was originally meant to receive? Told them no as it was their mistake and that I'd want it sent with my next order,  which they did.

2nd order:

Again, mostly correct, except it was missing the main item (GM MWS bolt), but they didn't tell me that & so instead had to wait the few weeks again for them to send it & the ~2 weeks for it to arrive to find out... One item's plastic packaging was shattered but didn't really matter as it was just a foregrip. As mentioned previously, they included the trigger from the 1st order that they originally didn't include. 

Told them I just wanted a refund for the bolt as I couldn't be bothered to wait again, which they did, thankfully.

3rd & probably last order is currently processing, so will be update this in 2040 when it arrives.

Their prices are great, processing time is abysmal, site stock tracking is hit & miss, communication on order issues is non existent until you bring it up. 

Update (9th June 22):

Order 3 was placed on May 26th, got it today and used their cheapest shipping option, so not bad. However, I ordered a 260mm 6.04 Crazy Jet inner barrel & they've sent me some weirdly cut stainless steel 230mm barrel which is marked "6.03x650mm", suggesting it has been cut down, and then placed inside old beat up Maple Leaf packaging. Curious to see what they say.

Only use SixMM for non essential items. They have screwed up the important items in every order so far.

Update (13th May 23)

4th Order:

They've definitely improved, especially with customer service's response time. An item in my order appeared to have been used & was missing a piece, but they contacted the manufacturer on my behalf & got them to replace the missing item (took about an additional month), so quite happy with how they handled that. Though, I'd prefer a brand new & complete item to be sent in the first place. Initial shipping wasn't too bad, usual few weeks. Tracking number didn't update beyond leaving HK though, so turned up unexpectedly, but I've noticed that with various HK orders recently. 

Yet to have a perfect, straight-forward order, but their stock selection is often unique & their prices are great.

Edited by MILITATED

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

ARISE, THREAD! ARISE!

On the 18th of April I took a gamble and ordered a part from sixmm.

Today, 22nd April, I had an email from royal mail that they had been advised of the parcel, with a tracking number.

So... Let's wait and see! 🤞🏼

2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

ARISE, THREAD! ARISE!

Today, 22nd April, I had an email from royal mail that they had been advised of the parcel, with a tracking number.

We wait with interest.

2 hours ago, Danno46 said:

I’ve used them twice now, and not had any problems, used the cheapest shipping option order was marked as $30 took just under 3 weeks, so long as your not in a hurry

Yes, I've used three times over the past year - this is generally my experience. 2 of my orders each took circa 3 weeks to arrive, one of the orders (albeit over Christmas) took closer to 6 weeks. Everything arrived as ordered, though you do need to be a little careful - the descriptions of the items on their website can be a little hit or miss.

Dropped an order in very end of March, arrived about a week ago. I got notification to RM but tracking number didn't work for about a week, messaged them (whatsapp) and they got straight back to me, was waiting for a part to come in and advised when it would be. Day came, order was dispatched and I'm a happy bunny.

Not my #1 choice but they do carry some bits I can't get elsewhere.

Ordered a WE Glock with them on the 25th of April. I got provided with tracking number quite quickly, but it doesn't work yet. Now it's a waiting game.

On 22/04/2023 at 12:39, Skullchewer said:

ARISE, THREAD! ARISE!

Well, it arrived!

Exactly the item i ordered and pretty swift delivery. 

All good 👌🏼

• 3 weeks later...

I got my WE Glock earlier this week, so it took around two weeks to be delivered - not bad. Was surprised that the slide was taken of the frame, but the each part and accessory was nicely secured in bubble wrap within the box. Gun itself works fine, nothing damaged. Overall, I consider it a positive experience. 

• 2 months later...

This is crazy, I even got in touch with sixmm to buy the WE M14 and TM 89F, fortunately saw this post and stopped the purchase attempt without hesitation

• 3 months later...

I don't think they're so bad.

Most of the reports here are positive.  Just need to allow for long shipping times so don't order from them if in a hurry.

I ordered some unique 1911 grips from them back in 2021.  Can't remember how long it took but arrived fine.

Edited by EDcase

Edcase makes a good point. The thread was started April 2021 and is only 2 pages long with many positive posts. Now imagine how different a thread about spesul airsoft supplies would be, especially as it's well known in retail that a happy customer will tell 1 person about their experiences whilst an unhappy customer will tell 10.

Mind you I probably won't be using them in the near future as I prefer to use UK based shops, not for some nobel must support local shops (insert League of Gentlemen meme here) bollocks, but because I'm an impatient bugger who wants their new toys now

Had another order arrive from them last week for some parts  , they sourced something for me that was marked out of stock so it took an extra week to process , but once shipped was here in 5days . They always reply within 24hrs on their pop up messenger . 

id say 5-6 orders from them over the last 12months  , parts only orders but it’s always been smooth sailing 😎

Yeah, it only makes sense to order from overseas if the item is not available anywhere closer for a decent price.

(I've ordered quite a few non airsoft things from AliExpress and all good so far)

Edited by EDcase

Cheers chaps. Made me feel a bit better. 😁👍

The bits I've ordered aren't in stock in the UK and I'm not in a rush as Ive got to figure out a v7 gearbox yet 😂

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, it only makes sense to order from overseas if the item is not available anywhere closer for a decent price.

(I've ordered quite a few non airsoft things from AliExpress and all good so far)

Ali Express is the winner for gear and delivery times just now

Well, half the order turned up, the other half is still pending, so not all is lost. 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.