Colinc1968

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, EDcase said:

@Gamble has done some great vids for new players but he's too shy to post em 😄

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A

Grrr.....

4 hours ago, Colinc1968 said:

all I can says is he's itching to get going now

I'm normally itching when I come back! Darn bugs! Lol

😉

Regards 

25 minutes ago, Colinc1968 said:

One other thing Danny is going on about is a body armor..what's this for and will it be any help to him?

Its for looks only.

Some people are really into dressing up in the proper looking gear but you obviously don't need armour for airsoft and can actually be a pain because they don't feel hits properly.

Also it tends to be bulky so movement can be restricted.

You do need some kind of webbing to hold magazines and other bits.

Edited by EDcase

Hi @Colinc1968! 👋

@EDcase is right, on all accounts! 🔫😎👍

Up to you though, consider your budget, honestly people that go for the body armour, which you hit makes a distinctive sound, which you may not feel.... which has led to some cheaters not calling their hits! 😤

Hope this helps? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

That’s just an after thought.... adrenaline takes care of that! 🤪😂

💷GAMBLE💷

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Its for looks only.

Some people are really into dressing up in the proper looking gear but you obviously don't need armour for airsoft and can actually be a pain because they don't feel hits properly.

Also it tends to be bulky so movement can be restricted.

You do need some kind of webbing to hold magazines and other bits.

So what sort of webbing does he need?...first session all sorted for the 15 may 

What RIF
How many mags? 
15th May! 🔫🤪👍

Only need webbing for multiple mags, preference and is it necessary? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

6 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

What RIF
How many mags? 
15th May! 🔫🤪👍

Only need webbing for multiple mags, preference and is it necessary? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

It's an M4 I'll only get him one extra mag to be going on with....so I suppose u can buy mag holders that fit to ur belt? 

I did tell him to watch ur youtube videos but he was one step ahead of me already.. seen them dad ages ago!! 

Depends on what look he is going for.... 🤔

Best thing is to find out, like you said so many choices, brands, colour, design, etc! 🤪

Then compare prices, before buying, hardest part is having an idea, then a few games later, finding out that Loadout is not what you expected!? 😤

Many of us have been there!!!! 😮

Your 💷, if you have any pics, put them up here and people will give their opinions, pros & cons, massive help! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

the shoot anything that moves look I think!! What's loadout? Sorry if I'm bothering you all with stupid questions...but he's been waiting a year for this and I want him to be all prepared so he has a fantastic day 

Edited by Colinc1968

No problem, we all have to start somewhere, ask the questions and get the experience! 🔫😎👍

Not just Airsoft.... 🤪

💷GAMBLE💷

1 hour ago, Colinc1968 said:

Are these any good

Screenshot_2021-04-16-16-53-13-76_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

as many have said this already, I would go easy on buying lots if things before playing - your Lad might prefer a AK or a MP5 after seeing what’s on offer or sees after a few games. Airsoft is/can be a money pit if you let it :D

2 hours ago, Colinc1968 said:

Are these any good

Screenshot_2021-04-16-16-53-13-76_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

I think that's a good deal.  Any more info on the shop so we can check its OK?

2x hi-caps (High Capacity) should be enough.  Each holds around 350 BBs and he can fill them between games.  He shouldn't get used to auto spraying all the time and use single shot as much as possible.

Get him one bottle of 3300 0.2g BBs.  That should last more than a day.

Search for 'Assault vest'

Here are a few examples: 1 2 3

Edited by EDcase

Duno that make and for that price I'd say no.

Its OK to get second hand but known makes, mentioned above, and you need to know what to look for in case they've been damaged.

Edited by EDcase

Definitely go with an established brand for eye pro. Plenty of choice in the £12-20 range. Again, you're just as well looking at ScrewFix for something as you are eBay or an airsoft retailer.

Just on the webbing issue, your lad would be just as well wearing cargo pants with button down pockets and sticking the mags in there for now. If you hadn't already bought the extra mags, as he already has a hi-cap, I would have suggested just taking a sandwich bag full of spare BBs in his pocket, and fill as you go. 

@Colinc1968 be wary buying safety gear off eBay 

I use bolle saftey goggle and they have stood up to a full frontal hit in CQB with no damage to the lenses and in turn my eye are intact only £13.99 from Amazon or you can also use Dewalt safety Google’s from Screwfix for £9.99 but I personally have t tried those but I have heard they are good, I just don’t like the yellow :P

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-PILOPSI-Pilot-Safety-Goggle/dp/B000VDLP4G/ref=sr_1_5?crid=UREZNP5WT77E&dchild=1&keywords=bolle+safety+goggles&qid=1618697245&sprefix=Bolle+%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-5

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-concealer-concealer-premium-safety-goggles/69051?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-safetyworkwear-_-dewaltgoggles&_requestid=570966#_=p

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.