Ups Deliveries From Poland

Pete360

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve ordered an aeg from Taiwan gun in Poland.  Does anyone have any experience of doing this.  I’ve paid an additional £45 import charge so surely it must be on its way now?? Thanks

Best of luck, enjoy the read!

• Root Admin

I have had deliveries to work delayed by 2 weeks more than I'd typically expect last year (and this was on trivial stuff). Even after the customs charges were paid it could take a week of rescheduling. UPS have been the worst but I can't really blame them too much as this is brexit shit. Sit tight and you'll get it, but it will be slow.

Where was it last located? Many from Poland get precleared.

Read the exisiting thread - best case I would say is a month for anything to arrive and it is catagorically NOT Brexit related.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Read the exisiting thread - best case I would say is a month for anything to arrive and it is catagorically NOT Brexit related.

I'm not sure these problems are completely unrelated to brexit. I haven't really gone through the existing thread but I can't help but think that the brexit associated changes has messed up a lot of things. I only say this is I placed an order from Evike and it has sailed through - sort of. 

• Was supposed to arrive on Thursday
  • This got pushed back with the "try again tommorow message"
  • Friday it updated saying it required some documents. I put a call in and whilst they couldn't answer, it seemed pretty obvious from prior experience that I had to complete and send a firearms declaration form
  • Emailed a lady (again from prior experience) in the brokerage team my completed RIF form. got an out of office reply, but by this morning she had sent the form to the right people, a few hours later I got the email saying I need to pay charges
  • And now i wait

short version is: pretty easy and straight forward stuff but can't help but feel if it had been coming from Europe via UPS it would be a different story.

That being said, I ordered something from a private seller in germany and it arrived in less than 1 working week so ymmv

thanks 

1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I'm not sure these problems are completely unrelated to brexit. I haven't really gone through the existing thread but I can't help but think that the brexit associated changes has messed up a lot of things.

There are multiple reasons:

Changes to VAT and duty processes = not Brexit

Crossing the EU/UK border = Brexit

Staffing = Covid, numbers of staff available and staff vs distanced capacity (and perhaps also Brexit if EU staff left, or EU occasional staff left)

Border stop/starts = Covid & Brexit

Then if you add NI into the loop then you have the combined mess of Brexit, Good Friday Agreement .... and drug traffickers who get caught out by a virtual border

Every carrier has had problems relating to the combination of paperwork & process changes, shortages, throughout capacity etc.

A minor problem easily turns in to a backlog with more items coming in all of the time, and unless you can put out more then is coming in then you have the situation compounding itself.   

UPS has had the worst problem, and it may also relate to a particular depot  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.