Best Airsoft Boots and Where to Buy?

Hannah

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Duno if there are 'best' airsoft boots. 😉

Depends how much you want to spend.

You'll want something with good ankle support.

Army surplus shops have good options of course.

THESE are the cheapest I can find with a quick search.

Just do a search for "army boots"

Edited by EDcase

Hi @Hannah! 👋

I bought 2nd hand boots from a surplus shop, still have them 4 years later, putting them through hell.... when I can! 🤪

I agree with @EDcase, budget and preference! 🔫😎👍

Good luck getting started, got a channel covering a few things for beginners? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Good ankle support and comfort are what you're looking for. Also, don't underestimate the value of decent socks too. You don't want your feet sliding around in a pair of trainer socks, or sweating like a cheap salad in thick hiking socks. Go for natural fibres. 

1 hour ago, Hannah said:

Hey everyone - could you please recommend the best airsoft boots and where to buy them? Thanks - Hannah 

I have used viper multicam boots for years. Comfortable, hard wearing,great looks and double zip for easy off and on.

Approx £70 pound a pair but well worth the money👍look on ebay or the viper website. 🙂

Regards  

I'd go to a surplus store if you can, to try them on and make sure you get good support. Lots of people play in normal walking boots - personally I'd rather have the extra layer of support military boots provide though.

If you get military style boots that are the leather/fake leather boots you may also want polish - put a layer on and brush it off but don't buff it and the boots will stay dull rather than shiny and it provides some waterproofing.

Things to think about when looking

fit and comfort (obviously)

breathability/waterproof - generally waterproof boots are less breathable so if you only plan on playing when it's sunny and there is no mud you may want desert style boots that have more airflow

ankle support - generally more is better but too much can restrict you movement (I find anyway)

• Supporters

best? 

the ones you can run around in all day and still have usable feet by the end of it.

i'm a big fan of lowa's, they're expensive yes but for me at least they're worth it.

C-diddy is bang on about the stocks too.

Don't buy the cheap sh1t ones from Amazon, lesson learned... 

There is no best boot. Only the boot that works best for your shape of foot.

Altberg are one of the current issued boots to the military. You can find them surplus for about £50. I own 2 pairs of these bought as grade 1 surplus.

My mother saw them and started asking questions because her walking boots gave her black toenails (don't ask). So we took a trip out to the Alberg factory last year and got her a new pair... Not cheap (£200ish). But they have performed perfectly, Comfortable, warm, dry. And more importantly they haven't caused any feet issues for her. My Aunt and Godmother also now have a pair each!

Just have a search for "altberg defender ladies" or something similar to that.

For UK sites waterproof is pretty essential (defenders are waterproof without lining you just have to rub them down with some Leder-Gris wax oil once in a while). Even in summer grass tends to be damp early morning and there is nothing worse than standing in a boggy bit and having to play with wet feet. Jungle boots, and boots with composite (mesh, woven) sides are great if you know it's going to be dry or indoors.

Edited by Iceni

39 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

Unless carrying a heavy pack and yomping up and down hills all day I would stay away from hard sole/high ankle combat boots.  Have a look at some reviews of some hiking boot brands cant go wrong really. 

For outdoor games the most common injuries I've seen are twisted ankles so I'd always go for best support available.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

For outdoor games the most common injuries I've seen are twisted ankles so I'd always go for best support available.

That and water in the trouser-sock-boot transition does not sound fun......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.