Jg Aks-74 Ebb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i wont admit where i found this (AirsoftMike), but I will ask does anyone have one? is this a super accessible EBB option for a budget softer like myself? Now i know this is several years old and far from new but other than a Specna G platform where else can i get that ebb goodness for less that £200. it is JG and not a blue edition cyma so i have no idea what to expect from the gear box but jg in general are/were a go to for rentals - right? - so this shouldn't fall apart first use? 

However i am slowly coming on board  with tactical ak's so i would look to swap out the handguard - this is very much a thoughts in process

https://www.weekendwarriorsairsoft.co.uk/index.php?_route_=jg-jing-gong-ak74u-metal-body-real-wood

• Supporters

this is in fact the very model of jg that i have.

the "recoil" mechanism isn't really, it has a mechanism to slide the charging handle to and fro but in terms of shaking the gun prepare to be dissappointed, it just doesn't have the mass.

it's not the strongest built system out there, the stock piston has a cutout which slams into a tooth in the back of the gearbox which to my mind is asking for a stripped piston. that said neither mine or one a mate of mine had (who did run it for a while stock) suffered broken pistons and neither were new when we got them.

the recoil mech can be deactivated, you need to split the box to get some parts out but it can be run as a regular aeg. so at least if/when the recoil mech dies you can strip it out and still have a functional gun.

the stock components are, ok, certainly the gears seemed decent enough (better than the crap that i found inside my lct box anyway) and the gearboxes run much smoother than by rights they should.

just like the cyma's expect the air seal to need a bit of work but once you've done that it shoots very well, certainly mine has always punched above its weight in that regard even with the white plastic hop that looks like it should be utter garbage.

bodywork is probably the weakest point, the wood aint bad but it's pot metal city everywhere else so careful not to be too heavy handed, it's a different assembly setup to the cyma's/lct's/e&l's with more pins going on (mainly the outer barrel is pinned to the reciever) so aftermarket hop parts might be tricky (never tried as the stock one was good enough for a backup gun)

i'd offer some pics but mine's had that many bodge fixes over the years it's not really gonna be all that representative.

tl:dr you do some air seal work she'll sling plastic good enough, the ebb is anaemic at best but at least if it breaks you still have a decent shooter. bodywork is bargain basement but then it's bargain basement price too.

Thank you for that, I shall continue pondering the situation

• Supporters

I’ve a few JG guns and I’ve always been of the opinion there punching well above there weight for the price(I’ve even still got a JG AUG that I bought from ROSV well before all the UKARA shenanigans started and that’s still running ok !) I did have the JG recoil SA58 and that had a very satisfactorily clunk when fired , yes was a bit slower rate of fire with the ‘recoil’ on than not but still fired fast enough to hit the other player , do you ‘really need’ a gazillion rps ? 

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

do you ‘really need’ a gazillion rps ? 

No, and frankly no one does. 

I get the firing cycle would be a touch slower, being so much more to move. An ebb is never going to deliver gbb satisfaction at my price points, fancy Bolts and TM NGRS are simply not in the bracket. 

The reason this is attractive is for that added fun factor (not realism) but then at this price point for an AKS style short would a near bomb proof blue edition cyma be a 'better' option? (lets pretend for a second i have narrowed down the platform, there is after all a waiting list for the guns i want to buy)

14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Just like the cyma's expect the air seal to need a bit of work but once you've done that it shoots very well, certainly mine has always punched above its weight in that regard even with the white plastic hop that looks like it should be utter garbage.

Is this work 'anyone' can do with a minimum of confidence/ability? i have found a couple of threads here that might help me figure this out. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

No, and frankly no one does. 

I get the firing cycle would be a touch slower, being so much more to move. An ebb is never going to deliver gbb satisfaction at my price points, fancy Bolts and TM NGRS are simply not in the bracket. 

The reason this is attractive is for that added fun factor (not realism) but then at this price point for an AKS style short would a near bomb proof blue edition cyma be a 'better' option? (lets pretend for a second i have narrowed down the platform, there is after all a waiting list for the guns i want to buy)

stock on 11.1v the fire rate of them jg's is respectable, not fast but not too slow either.

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Is this work 'anyone' can do with a minimum of confidence/ability? i have found a couple of threads here that might help me figure this out. 

tends to be a nozzle with no sealing rings is the main culprit, piston seal on the ones i've worked on wasn't too great either but given they were of unknown provenance can't say if that's something a brand new pew will need.

if you have a look here the pics are from the jg box:

should probably add a note in about the aoe correction and luke's spacer disk method being preferred these days.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Freely admit even after 20+yrs playing I’m still an absolute mong when it comes to the tech work( I know what I need to do , I know how to do it , I can even talk you through it effectively , but the second my cursed fingers even touch ANYTHING let alone try and do the tech work it all goes horribly Pete Tong and is FUBAR’ed beyond belief !😳🤦‍♂️) so bar changing hop’s I leave mine stock and touch wood haven’t been unhappy with the performance of any I've bought the past few years .👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.