Airsoft Game Timer/Objective

Ad_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been working on & off on this project over the past year or so during the lockdowns and I think it may be of interest to others here.

My local site uses some dual timers as objectives to be fought over & captured for some games, with the recorded times for each team being used to determine the winners. I thought it would be nice to have something with more features that's designed specifically with Airsoft games in mind to allow for more versatility in games, so I decided to design one myself.

The timer I've created offers a number of features allowing them to be used in a wider variety of games - options include regular timer or countdown modes, sounding alerts when timers are changed (and/or are being changed), requiring buttons to be held for a period of time before a timer switch is accepted etc. - and the manual includes a few basic game ideas involving them.

timer-menu1.jpg.558133b9743a9a05538f13e0dc1ac519.jpg

(the finishing is a little rough - unfortunately the tools I have are limited so the cutting & filing etc. all had to be done with drill+hacksaw+file and other basic hand tools)

The entire project is now released as open source allowing anyone to make them, so if anyone is interested it can be found at this GitLab repository: https://gitlab.com/adamhm/airsoft-timer and I'm open to suggestions for improvements if anyone has any ideas :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.