Double Eagle M904g Hop up Rubber Advice

Pivic

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, new to airsoft, recently bought Double eagle M904G and I want to improve the range. I guess I should change rubber and tensioner. Are all AEG rubbers and tensionirs compatible for this replica? I thought to go with maple leaf super macaron 70°

Do you recommend something else and also which tensioner would be good. Maybe maple leaf omega? 

I have 1.3J with 0.3bb if that means anything to you. 

Note: I am not from UK. 

38 minutes ago, Pivic said:

Hi guys, new to airsoft, recently bought Double eagle M904G and I want to improve the range. I guess I should change rubber and tensioner. Are all AEG rubbers and tensionirs compatible for this replica? I thought to go with maple leaf super macaron 70°

Do you recommend something else and also which tensioner would be good. Maybe maple leaf omega? 

Hi and welcome @Pivic.

I expect someone on here will answer your query very soon.

Have fun with your new hobby 👍

Regards  

• Supporters
On 10/04/2021 at 11:38, Pivic said:

Hi! I'd say that 70deg might be a bit hard, maybe go with the 60deg. Also you will need the Omega tensioner nub as it's designed to work with the design of the Maple Leaf rubber. Other than that it's a pretty standard V2/M4 style hop unit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I've done to my M904G

ZCI rotary hop chamber

ZCI 260mm inner barrel

Maple Lear MR bucking 60 degree silicone

Omega nub

SHS double o ring nozzle (21.4mm) 

First time I've done anything like this so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I was getting pretty much 100% hit rate at 35m but that dropped off hugely at 40m. Bad wolf 0.3g bb's. No idea what I should be getting.

Hop seemed to be very sensitive but again no experience of what it should be like.

I've had to fit an M95 spring as it was doing 370fps with .2's so too hot for the UK.

Still a work in progress as I need to polish the barrel properly and haven't tested the accuracy with the new spring.

I'll also be trying Geoff's BB's to see if there's a difference.

I changed only Rubber to super macaron 60° and it increased range pretty good. Omega nub doesn't fit at all!!!!! Even after cutting its edges, it still misfeeds and spits double shots, so I returned old red nub until I find one which will fit

Edited by Pivic

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.