Reflex Sight Equipped Pistols

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking to fit a reflex sight to one of my pistols, either my Umarex Glock 17 or 19. Possibly something else. I’m torn between the RMR or the SRO so I was hoping to see some of your builds for inspiration. What have you mounted and onto what, and what issues have you encountered? I did have an RMR mounted on a Umarex Glock 17 a while ago, but it seemed to interfere with the slide which kept sticking. Anyone else experienced this issue and did you manage to solve it?

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

I’m looking to fit a reflex sight to one of my pistols, either my Umarex Glock 17 or 19. Possibly something else. I’m torn between the RMR or the SRO so I was hoping to see some of your builds for inspiration. What have you mounted and onto what, and what issues have you encountered? I did have an RMR mounted on a Umarex Glock 17 a while ago, but it seemed to interfere with the slide which kept sticking. Anyone else experienced this issue and did you manage to solve it?

It will only stick if you’ve re-assembled it incorrectly, or the sight is too heavy for the recoil and hammer spring.

The SRO looks ridiculous on a slit that isn’t red dot cut, like a giant snorkel.

First, decide what you want a red dot for. Looks, or use?

if it’s looks, go for a clone Trijicon RMR imo. If it’s for actual use, find some thing from Vector on the Patrol Base website. Real steel quality, cheap, unlimited warranty

012A8CA1-E5C2-49D6-8956-6C7CE6FE25A2.thumb.jpeg.5de3721df375c6501fc9a4d50036ee0d.jpegF12C1B44-B18D-4357-8E84-46DE0CD96FD7.thumb.jpeg.9b51f789393852ae042a91580f96c563.jpeg31F289BE-1D05-4D00-800D-847C164F3442.thumb.jpeg.7b1cb3dcb64523ebef94720e8e5e5d39.jpeg

You’re probably right about the re-assembly thing, but I took it apart and put it back together again a number of times and couldn’t work out the issue. I ended up selling it a while ago because it frustrated the crap out of me. Hence looking for another one. 

It is purely for looks and so I probably will go for the clone RMR. The SRO gives a better sight picture with its wider aperture so from a functional point of view it is possibly the better option, but for pure aesthetics the RMR looks better.

Those are some nice Glocks you have there. I take it there’s no cut out on the 22? Is the plate mounted into the rear sight space? That’s how I had mine mounted.

Yeah, the FNX is really nice. I had the VFC one a while ago, but sold it. I’ve seen a couple of real steel with RMR’s fitted and it does look good. It’s an option I suppose. 

20AB62E6-6F6F-41CE-A049-E83F567472E4.jpeg

Edited by Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.