Anyone Have King Arms Svd Review?

rsvpiper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Collective!

I'm looking at adding an svd to my little Russian loadout, does anyone have experience with the King Arms svd any pros-cons?

Screenshot_20210406-151945_Chrome.jpg

I had one for a time; the hop arm has a lot of lateral movement and the whole hop assembly is somewhat fragile and very difficult to get spares for.

Other than that, it is ok; not great, not awful, just ok.

You have Cyma at one end and Real Sword at the other. The King Arms seems to be overlooked.

LCT are supposedly releasing a SVD at some stage, might be worth waiting for? 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, DerDer said:

You have Cyma at one end and Real Sword at the other. The King Arms seems to be overlooked.

LCT are supposedly releasing a SVD at some stage, might be worth waiting for? 

it does seem to be weirdly polarised the svd market.

you've got the cheaper versions in KA/cyma, then the expensive versions in WE (by the time you buy mags) and RS and nothing in the middle.

as much as i'm not a fan of lct these days, it would certainly be good if they could fill that gap.

such a shame as for dmr purposes the svd is thoroughly under-represented despite being bloody good (surprise surprise the gun that invented the dmr concept is a good dmr)

to answer the op's question a mate of mine has what we think is a king arms svd (the para model), if it is then @colinjallen's assessment seems pretty much bang on the money. however i'd probably look at cyma given you're more likely to be able to get bits for it.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the LCT SVD should be out at some stage this year. Will give them credit for making a few variations.  For all their faults they are good for providing a line of models rather than one and done. 

SVD.jpg

Edited by DerDer

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Looks like the LCT SVD should be out at some stage this year. Will give them credit for making a few variations.  For all their faults they are good for providing a line of models rather than one and done. 

totally agree, good to see something to fill the void between the cyma's and real swords when it comes to SVD's.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.