Mb03 Trigger Doesn't Catch

Mitchycod

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

that's your sear engagement surface, the lower part in that window is the trigger side, while the upper part is part of the assembly that holds the bolt in place.

when the bolt is cocked the action of holding the piston back under spring pressure should push the upper part down until it's stopped by the lower part, pulling the trigger moves the lower part out of the way allowing it to drop firing the gun.

the reason there's a window there is so you can visibly see when adjusting the trigger pull what's going on, eg how long or short a pull is required to trip the sear.

it's possible to have the overlap set so light the mildest jolt could make it trip, but it looks more than enough there.

i suspect your problem is more on the upper side, where the upper assembly has a hinged arm that catches on the back end of the piston.

11 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's your sear engagement surface, the lower part in that window is the trigger side, while the upper part is part of the assembly that holds the bolt in place.

when the bolt is cocked the action of holding the piston back under spring pressure should push the upper part down until it's stopped by the lower part, pulling the trigger moves the lower part out of the way allowing it to drop firing the gun.

the reason there's a window there is so you can visibly see when adjusting the trigger pull what's going on, eg how long or short a pull is required to trip the sear.

it's possible to have the overlap set so light the mildest jolt could make it trip, but it looks more than enough there.

i suspect your problem is more on the upper side, where the upper assembly has a hinged arm that catches on the back end of the piston.

Thank you again! I'm kind of new to this so is it broken or is it something that needs to be tighten for the hinge to catch the back end of the piston?

• Supporters

As i mentioned in the other thread for a new gun i'd just send it back, theres nothing in that picture that looks out of place but i suspect the problem is internal with arm-piston interface.

Either the ridge on the piston is worn/broken, the the arm is worn/broken, or there's just not the right angle/fit between them thats letting it ride over rather than lock into place.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.