Well Mb03 Bolt Pulls Back Then Slams Forward

Mitchycod

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got the MB03 and out of the box I put it together, cocking the bolt back works fine but it doesn't hold it in place instead it slams forward and the bullets drop out the barrel and not once has it fired. Is it faultly or is the something simple I'm missing

• Supporters

when you pull it all the way back is there any kind of final click?

it sounds like the sear isn't holding the piston back, meaning it's springing forward- either you're not pulling it back far enough to engage the sear or the sear is damaged/broken.

It clicks but as soon as ease off any pressure it slams forward I'll try pulling it back abit more, do you recommend getting a new trigger box if the sear won't hold it?

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

when you pull it all the way back is there any kind of final click?

it sounds like the sear isn't holding the piston back, meaning it's springing forward- either you're not pulling it back far enough to engage the sear or the sear is damaged/broken.

It clicks but as soon as ease off any pressure it slams forward I'll try pulling it back abit more, do you recommend getting a new trigger box if the sear won't hold it?

It has a 45° sear, which is made of pot metal. Plus it comes in at 450ish FPS, which isn't good for that kind of locking mechanism.

Moreover, the piston is plastic, but it's not AA T-10 quality, it's made of some cheapy plastic and doesn't last very long even at 1J.

Unfortunately it's the theme of these VSR clones (even the TM one has 45° sears and plastic piston, but it clocks in at 0.8J and the quality/tolerances are miles ahead).

I'd send it back and swap it for a better gun, the A&K M24 comes with 90° steel sears and it'll last much longer, on top of giving a smoother action of the bolt.

Edited by Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.