Going Airsoft by Your Self

Dannyncfc7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I was 17 I use to go airsoft but I stopped going as I couldn’t drive and ended up joining Army. After leaving army last year I have been craving to go airsoft again. I don’t want go by my self as I don’t want look like Billy no mates. Has anyone been airsoft alone and how did you find it? 

I started off by going alone. It can be a little daunting but if you already trued playing in the past you'll be fine. You'll soon find players willing to work with you to push objectives and support you.

2 minutes ago, Dannyncfc7 said:

When I was 17 I use to go airsoft but I stopped going as I couldn’t drive and ended up joining Army. After leaving army last year I have been craving to go airsoft again. I don’t want go by my self as I don’t want look like Billy no mates. Has anyone been airsoft alone and how did you find it? 

Hi and welcome👍

So you have been before which means that you are not totally green which is a good start.

I started airsoft after I heard a couple of guys talking about it.I questioned them about basics and then looked around for my nearest club. I called them and asked some details. They said hey pop on down,rent some gear and have a go.

Thats what I did. Woefully unprotected apart from goggles but I wasn't the only one.i had a great evening and I found a lot of seasoned members were only too willing to offer advice and show-off their gear. It was a bit nerve racking going through those big gates and down into the tunnels but soon settled into it.

I think a lot of people start on their own but just take a breath and and let the guys know you are on your own and im pretty sure they will be very welcoming.

Make sure your skin is completely covered (i didnt and it was cqb)lol,wear some sturdy foot wear and listen up!

Check out @GAMBLEhe has a very informative and entertaining tube channel👀👀worth a watch.

Good luck and enjoy 👍🙂

Regards 

I started by myself. The airsoft community is friendly and you will meet likeminded people who will become your friends. One of the best things about the hobby is that you can just turn up and have a laugh without needing to know anyone.

• Supporters

as above, it's incredibly daunting the first time, and somehow even more daunting the second, but airsoft is a great hobby for being able to just randomly show up unless you're renting in which case you're gonna want to book ahead).

if you haven't anyone to drag along then honestly the only advice is to channel your inner shia labeouf and just do it

I started three years ago going on my own.
I tend to keep to myself, as I'm a miserable twat.
Despite this, airsofters are an incorrigible bunch who relish a challenge, so I've made friends, know loads of people at the sites I play with and even ended up a member of a team.
I still go on my own. But when I'm there, I have plenty of people to chat and play with 😄

Hi @Dannyncfc7! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting back into it, finding a site, hopefully play this month! 🤞

I went solo and haven’t looked back since then, more positive, than negative, from my experience! 🤔👍

@Shamal thanks for the shoutout! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hi Dannyncfc7. 

I have started good one year ago. Mainly for playdays I go on my own. It's  not a problem to go on your own, soon you will meet like minded airsoft friends. Airsofters are friendly guys and girls, also site owners in my area are good and chatty (mainly ex-military). Just book your game day, be safe enjoy and have fun.

Ditto all the above.

Since you've been before you know what to expect.

Went on my own, started chatting to others on the bench and still meet up with a few after 4 years.

Edited by EDcase

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It is best to go by yourself and just worry about yourself as teams rarely work.

Try to keep to yourself in the safezone too as some airsofters can be fucking weird.

I found a pair of headphones and a fuck off face are the most important bits of kit you need.

Just a thought but maybe you could take up post of customer relations officer on the staff of the new governing body. Lol

👍😉

Regards 

I personally love the freedom and lack of scheduling/logisitcs when it comes to going by myself.  Previously I used to turn up a group of existing friends but due to relocating and getting older, meaning generally less awareness of when I'm going to have time to attend it just makes going less of a headache. And as others have said, you know you'll end up in pleasant conversation with total strangers in no time. For context, I suffer from pretty severe social anxiety and airsoft has been great for coping better with that.

It'll always come down to personal preference, but rest assured you're not that only one in the boat you're currently in!

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I started three years ago going on my own.
I tend to keep to myself, as I'm a miserable twat.
Despite this, airsofters are an incorrigible bunch who relish a challenge, so I've made friends, know loads of people at the sites I play with and even ended up a member of a team.
I still go on my own. But when I'm there, I have plenty of people to chat and play with 😄

Good news for this Sunday 😁

I’m sadly gonna be back in the same situation as Op when I finally get back playing - everyone who I used to go with has either sold up/jacked in playing due to one reason or another over lockdowns/losing employment/needing to sell to survive, so I’m gonna be billy-no-mates again but I’ve be here done that before and it ain’t ever stopped me having a laff :D 

13 minutes ago, Dannyncfc7 said:

Thanks for all the replies I have just booked my first game on Saturday 17th April in thetford. Anyone else going to as well. 

Good for you. Let us know how you get on 👍

1 hour ago, Dannyncfc7 said:

Thanks for all the replies I have just booked my first game on Saturday 17th April in thetford. Anyone else going to as well. 

I'm doing the Sunday 18th at Tuddenham just down the road.   I usually go with a couple of mates and my lad. 

7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I'm doing the Sunday 18th at Tuddenham just down the road.   I usually go with a couple of mates and my lad. 

I had a look in to that one but I thought thetford is closer to me as I live near Norwich 

I used to go alone and never had any problems. Once you are in team and start running around getting stuck in, you soon start talking tactics and bollocks. Then when you have a break, most airsofters will be more than happy to talk about their guns and gear.

Just play as a sniper, then looking like billy-no-mates is advantageous as no one will follow you around and give away your position :P

In seriousness, go by yourself and within a few skirmish days you'll have a group of players that you'll befriend and hang out with. When I got back into airsoft about a year ago I went by myself and within 2 skirmish days I had a group of players I would typically hang out with through the day, chat with at lunch and sometimes even play together with when I'm not being a sneaky bush monster.

For all the toxicity and drama that YouTube and the online space can produce, I must say that in person the vast, vast majority of airsofters I've met have been amazing people. Drama-llamas are definitely a minority!

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Shamal said:

Just a thought but maybe you could take up post of customer relations officer on the staff of the new governing body. Lol

👍😉

Regards 

Oh if only you knew the half of it ! 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

not a problem going by your self , most do just when you get there look for a table with some spaces on it ask if you can take a space then slowly start interacting(just don’t jump in feet 1st gobbing off at 100mph !) we’re generally a sociable bunch and if you give off the right ‘vibe’ you’ll be golden ! 👍

20 hours ago, Dannyncfc7 said:

I have actually re-booked my day for the 17th at thetford, so i may bump into you there

On 03/04/2021 at 21:09, Dannyncfc7 said:

If u see a fella about 6ft blonde hair with glasses with a M4 that is me 👍

If you describe someone at an airsoft game as 'wearing mtp and has an M4,' you will be describing about 50% of the players at some games.

Best stick a carnation in your buttonhole...  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.